Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hotel Du Louvre, Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Du Louvre, Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2016, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy LT Plat Elite, BA Gold
Originally Posted by lalala
They must have confirmed something, because I heard from the restaurant, but nothing to the level of other hotels. For example, I was on a wl for lunch of Frenchie. The Park Hyatt would usually update me when I checked in to tell me that I was still on the WL, the Louvre gave me no updates.

I will probably stay there again next month and I'll likely keep on making my own reservations just to be safe.
I will be staying here next month. Do you have any other comments on your recent stay? I will be using a suite upgrade.
Thanks
Old Jul 22, 2016, 9:31 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by catsassy
I will be staying here next month. Do you have any other comments on your recent stay? I will be using a suite upgrade.
Thanks
Yes. I was upgraded to a suite with a lovely view Looking up avenue de l' opera. The hotel is fine. The suite was a nice surprise. I slept with a window open and it wasn't too loud. Bed is comfy. Didn't hear a ton of noise within the hotel.

The rooms are a little pokey, so don't expect a ton more space unless you have a different kind of suite configuration. It made it much easier for me to pack my bag in the other room (sitting room)before my morning flight.

Oh, the shower head was turned up to the ceiling and I'm quite short. It was a ridiculous scene trying to get it pointed down before my 7 am departure to CDG. Check that first.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 10:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by lalala
Yes. I was upgraded to a suite with a lovely view Looking up avenue de l' opera. The hotel is fine. The suite was a nice surprise. I slept with a window open and it wasn't too loud. Bed is comfy. Didn't hear a ton of noise within the hotel.
With the window open in that area, it's not surprising you didn't hear noise within the hotel.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 11:51 am

Took advantage of some cheap flights to Paris later this year to surprise my wife for her birthday. Booked 3 P+C nights here in November and have been trying to use a DSU. Gold passport is telling me the only suite allowed for a DSU is the "Andaz Suite". Can anyone confirm? I see plenty is suite available during my stay but have never see the Andaz suite listed.

TIA
Old Jul 22, 2016, 1:34 pm

Andaz Suite? i think you may have the wrong property?
Old Jul 22, 2016, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hotel Du Louvre is being converted to Andaz although that's probably a few years away. I guess Hyatt system updated suite names too early.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Andaz Suite? i think you may have the wrong property?

I would tend to agree but here is the exact response i received when i asked what suite would need to be available.

Dear Mr. Xxx,

Thank you for writing back to us.

I would like to inform you that the name of our base category Suite is Andaz Suite King. Further, I regret to inform you that Andaz Suite King is unavailable for your requested travel dates.

I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused to you. I look forward to a future opportunity to assist you.

Best Regards,

Xxxxxx
Hyatt Sales Representative
Global Contact Centre
Old Jul 22, 2016, 4:23 pm

Just called- the DSU suite is called a "Suite King". Its booked out all the way to December.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 4:29 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Trinob
Just called- the DSU suite is called a "Suite King". Its booked out all the way to December.
They only have one of them?

Any one else having trouble using their DSUs lately?
Old Jul 22, 2016, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
They only have one of them?

Any one else having trouble using their DSUs lately?

I asked how many "Suite Kings" were at this hotel but she claimed she is unable to tell from her computer.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 7:35 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Trinob
I asked how many "Suite Kings" were at this hotel but she claimed she is unable to tell from her computer.
I bet that translates to, <seulement un>
Old Aug 31, 2016, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy LT Plat Elite, BA Gold
We used a suite upgrade for a paid stay here last week.
It sounds very similar to the suite lalala described above. We were on the 4th floor.
2 bathrooms, one at either end with a sitting room and bedroom sandwiched between them.
No issues with the shower pointing in the wrong direction. Excellent water pressure too.
Fragonard soap a bonus.

Very much enjoyed the stay and purchased one of their robes as a souvenir (90 euros).
The bedroom and sitting room were much in need of refurbishment, looking decidedly shabby but in an opulent French way that made it easy to forgive especially as the bed was comfortable.

Breakfast was good. Had one cocktail in the bar that looked and tasted atrocious... skip it!
Old Sep 1, 2016, 9:40 pm

I stayed here early this week using the Chase credit card two free nights certificate and I had to pay a 14 euro city tax. Is that normal?
Old Sep 2, 2016, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by walterj
I stayed here early this week using the Chase credit card two free nights certificate and I had to pay a 14 euro city tax. Is that normal?
Yes and it should have been on your confirmation.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 10:26 am

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by walterj
Just out of curiosity, why did you choose this hotel for your two free nights?

Your tax does seem rather steep, however. I'm paying 4.4 Euros a night at Place Vendome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.