Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2013 More Possibilities Hyatt Gold Passport Promotion (bonus pts 3/1-5/31/13)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 More Possibilities Hyatt Gold Passport Promotion (bonus pts 3/1-5/31/13)

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2013, 9:00 pm

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred & CP, Delta Diamond, HH Diamond Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by peteropny
Hyatt historically taken breaks between "significant" promos.
May 1 to August 15 last year featured the opportunity to get as much as 5x airmiles per stay. As I recall I spent the entire summer traveling and maxed this promo out at about 25k extra airmiles.

But that was it.. It was either airmiles or nothing. No extra HGP points from May through August 2012.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 9:29 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
The promotion runs until May 31. Will last night's check-in on May 31 (check out on June 1) count for the promotion? Does it make any difference if the stay was at a prepaid rate (it the room was paid for, long before the May 31 deadline)?
Old Jun 1, 2013, 9:56 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
The promotion runs until May 31. Will last night's check-in on May 31 (check out on June 1) count for the promotion? Does it make any difference if the stay was at a prepaid rate (it the room was paid for, long before the May 31 deadline)?
It should but may have to be manually adjusted upon request. When it was prepaid makes no difference.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 10:28 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
will only make a difference if it is a 3rd night anyways... so look at when your last batch of 3,000 points posted, and if it won't be 3 nights since then, the stay won't matter anyways.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 10:55 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
The checkin on May 31 nicely completes a set of three stays.
Originally Posted by taipeiflyer
will only make a difference if it is a 3rd night anyways... so look at when your last batch of 3,000 points posted, and if it won't be 3 nights since then, the stay won't matter anyways.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 1:29 pm

With 22 nights during this promotion I enjoyed it. I just wish they counted additional paid rooms. I'd have had an additional 6 nights.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 5:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
ended up with 27,000 bonus points. the promo didn't drive any extra business towards Hyatt- they are nights I would have stayed regardless of a promo or not. if hyatt comes out with a monster promo, I will shift business that way, but I am not holding my breath.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 7:54 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, HGP ♦; former elite in Hilton, Marriott & DL (just under MM thanks to Leo)
the promo didn't drive any extra business towards Hyatt.
+1

And two Marriott promos actually poached what would have been 3-4 Hyatt stays. I also left two nights with Hyatt hanging and specifically chose to give the last one to Marriott since it gave me a free 1-5 cat night. My math told me the cat5 Marriott night could not be bought at an equivalent Hyatt with 3K Hyatt points. So do I do a mattress run to gain that last Hyatt night for the tier bonus? Na. Why bother.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 10:15 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
ended up with 27,000 bonus points. the promo didn't drive any extra business towards Hyatt- they are nights I would have stayed regardless of a promo or not. if hyatt comes out with a monster promo, I will shift business that way, but I am not holding my breath.
A pretty lame promotion, when one earns one free night (22k/night) and some extra points (1/3 of another night).

But, with the travel and hospitality economy booming, and none of the competition doing any promotions so great (better, maybe, but not great), I don't expect much.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by canyonleo
A pretty lame promotion, when one earns one free night (22k/night) and some extra points (1/3 of another night).

But, with the travel and hospitality economy booming, and none of the competition doing any promotions so great (better, maybe, but not great), I don't expect much.
to be honest, i still thought it was better than the SPG power up or current double points promo...20 nights for 18,000 power up points doesn't even get you a Cat 6 property... and with all of the BS peak season cat increases, it barely gets you a Cat 5. 21 nights at $200/nt under the double points only gets you an extra 8,400 points, which is a joke. I at least knew that with 21 nights I would almost get one night at any Hyatt property in the world.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 4:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by peteropny
It should but may have to be manually adjusted upon request. When it was prepaid makes no difference.
In what has to be a personal first, I had my stay from May 31 to June 1 post to my account, and I was automatically given another 3,000 points for hitting my sixth night during this promo.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 4:16 pm

The checkin on May 31 (checkout on June 1) posted nicely and automatically, along with the bonus points for completing the third stay in the set. Hip Hip Hurray for Hyatt IT for getting it right!
Old Jun 3, 2013, 8:48 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
I only earned one 3,000 point bonus. I ended up choosing a number of other non-hyatt properties based on location and price.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 9:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Do award stays also count towards the requiered night stays?
Old Jun 4, 2013, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by Atlantico
Do award stays also count towards the requiered night stays?
no.. and they never have in any previous promo, or towards requal purposes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.