Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2013 More Possibilities Hyatt Gold Passport Promotion (bonus pts 3/1-5/31/13)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 More Possibilities Hyatt Gold Passport Promotion (bonus pts 3/1-5/31/13)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2013, 12:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt&Hilton&BW Diamond,GHA Black,Marriott Plat,SPG Gold,AB Platinum,TK Elite,AZ Alata Plus,EY Gold
Nevertheless:
Thanks @Gold Passport Concierge for keeping us updated about the new promotion!
Old Feb 6, 2013, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum
Not a really good promo. Almost encourages me to spend several nights at the low end properties.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by eagl70
Not a really good promo. Almost encourages me to spend several nights at the low end properties.
You kidding? It's certainly not a good promo, it's HORRIBLE. Now, a horrible promo won't drive me away from Hyatt... especially since no other chain is offering a great promo... but IF SPG were to offer a great promo (e.g. FFN) and HGP were to continue with these "extra 1k points per stay" type G1 promo, I would move all my stays to Starwood for that period (even if I add miles to my morning/evening drive to my destination).

In summary, "hey HGP, this promo is lame... but you're getting away with it because SPG's isn't significantly better (and your properties are equal or actually better, for me ) "
Old Feb 6, 2013, 2:37 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Yes FFN was indeed the best - but seriously folks, do u think FFN as we know it will be back anytime soon, or ever?

I am just glad HGP is giving some of us an opportunity to earn 100K bonus points as a Dia, staying at a full services US property, and have their CC
- and willing and able to do 45 single night stays.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 4:06 pm

Since when promotion became requirement to attract loyal customers? Hyatt should not be obligated to launch good promotion if any at all. If people want to shift their business to another chain because the promotion is not good, please do so! As you move your business to another hotel chain, Hyatt will lose revenue and return good promotions for all of us! If you do not (and just complain at forum) nothing will change!

Meanwhile, I will just stay with Hyatt regardless of good promotion or not and enjoy less crowded club lounges...
Old Feb 6, 2013, 4:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott PLT, SPG PLT, AA EXP, Virgin Elevate
FYI: The Gold Passport program is a loyalty program, a program where hotels reward their most loyal guests with some fantastic perks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loyalty_program

Originally Posted by chungkyu82
Since when promotion became requirement to attract loyal customers? Hyatt should not be obligated to launch good promotion if any at all. If people want to shift their business to another chain because the promotion is not good, please do so! As you move your business to another hotel chain, Hyatt will lose revenue and return good promotions for all of us! If you do not (and just complain at forum) nothing will change!

Meanwhile, I will just stay with Hyatt regardless of good promotion or not and enjoy less crowded club lounges...
Old Feb 6, 2013, 5:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
...You can earn 3,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after every three nights, up to 45,000 bonus points...
so generous? hohohohooooo

eek, no Hyatt thank you
Old Feb 6, 2013, 5:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by nighthawkrs
Right, the point is still:
Why the hell is GP not only offering the credit card only in the US, but much worse giving the CC US guys even more points for nothing

The only explanation is they don't want or don't like our (international Diamonds/members) business.
absolutely right. why only in us!?
Old Feb 6, 2013, 8:42 pm

I like that we only need 3 nights to get the bonus points, instead of 5 like it has been the last few promos.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 10:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by canyonleo
You kidding? It's certainly not a good promo, it's HORRIBLE. Now, a horrible promo won't drive me away from Hyatt... especially since no other chain is offering a great promo... but IF SPG were to offer a great promo (e.g. FFN) and HGP were to continue with these "extra 1k points per stay" type G1 promo, I would move all my stays to Starwood for that period (even if I add miles to my morning/evening drive to my destination).

In summary, "hey HGP, this promo is lame... but you're getting away with it because SPG's isn't significantly better (and your properties are equal or actually better, for me ) "
I really didn't want to say that this promo SUCKS but it really does suck. Makes me long for the days of the G Bonus. Only way to maximize this promo is stay 45 days out of 90 in a Hyatt.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 11:09 pm

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT LIFETIME GLOBALIST, UAL SILVER, AA EXECUTIVE PLATINUM
Originally Posted by eagl70
I really didn't want to say that this promo SUCKS but it really does suck. Makes me long for the days of the G Bonus. Only way to maximize this promo is stay 45 days out of 90 in a Hyatt.
And there is no incentive to maximize. At least throw me 10k points for hitting all the nights.

Perhaps the lamest promo in recent memory.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:47 am

Programs: WN A+ & CP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Diamond, *wood Plat, National EE
Not great...not super excited...not going to go out of my way. I will finish the SPG promo, then look at Hyatt - or Hilton.

I expect to earn 100k points duting the promo period...not quite a week. My issue is that I will have the nights in a hotel anyway...so I will want something extra, and after SPG - there is not much else exciting out there in my preferred programs.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 2:40 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Think this is just a misunderstanding!

Originally Posted by nighthawkrs
Right, the point is still:
Why the hell is GP not only offering the credit card only in the US, but much worse giving the CC US guys even more points for nothing

The only explanation is they don't want or don't like our (international Diamonds/members) business.
I am firmly convinced that Hyatt wants and welcomes the "business" of all Gp members. But the introduction of a new co-branded credit card is subject to many factors - mainly by the credit card companies themselves. E. g. for a very long period Lufthansa had a Miles&More combined co-branded card only for the German market.

If you take Germany as an example: There are not so many Hyatt hotels and the network isnīt so dense that Hyatt would reach a significant number of credit cards right from the beginning.

I donīt know the exact numbers for a credit card programme to be profitable but even one of the major issuer of co-branded cards like some Landesbanks or Barclays donīt spread their portfolio too wide.

So the "fault" is not on the side of the hotel company.

And if you donīt reach the level for one of the redemption opportunities there is always the possiblity to buy the missing points in increments of 1,000 points for a very moderate price.

http://www.hyatt.com/gp/en/awards/combine_transfer.jsp

^
Old Feb 7, 2013, 3:59 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
Compared to ICH Hotels , Hyatt is great! Try staying at 20 intercontinentals outside the US for only a flat rate of 2,000 points regardless of the amount of dollars you spend. I can get more money by staying at a holiday inn at $210 a night instead of paying $400+ per night at intercon's
Old Feb 7, 2013, 4:25 am

iīm still wondering why there is no reaction from Hyatt Goldpassport according to the really really bad feedback of unsatisfied customers...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.