Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2013 More Possibilities Hyatt Gold Passport Promotion (bonus pts 3/1-5/31/13)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 More Possibilities Hyatt Gold Passport Promotion (bonus pts 3/1-5/31/13)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2013, 4:48 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by RTW1
Although I appreciate your efforts here on FT..... the way you are communicating your promotions is really the worst:
  • Yesterday the bloggers got the announcement first.
  • Today another first by posting it on FT.
  • A personalized announcement to your customers/members by e-mail will probably be the last step.

Maybe you should try doing it in reverse....

Not even mentioning you are again discriminating against your international customers who have no way to earn the 20% bonus.
Originally Posted by Ducatibiker
+1 As Hyatt will expand in the French Market on April 1, French based customers will refuse to be treated as second class customers...and Hyatt will need the French market to fill all those hotels in Paris, especially the Hyatt Etoile former Lafayette which is closer to the Periphérique than any of the Paris main attraction points.
+1

Originally Posted by austin_modern
Id imagine they're also pissed they dont earn the 1k bonus points for "international" properties...
If you're talking about the points you can get in the US in exchange for a Diamond amenity..... That doesn't bother me at all.

It's the same for all members. International members also get those when staying in the US. These bonuses for cc members are something else in my opinion and are reducing non-us members to second rate members.
I guess I was suggesting that international guests are more than likely going to be staying at international hyatt properties, and thus would be more disappointed with not getting their diamond points amenity.
I was just at the PH Sydney..... I enjoyed drinking that bottle of wine on the balcony a lot more than 1000points :-). But sometimes the points are indeed better...

But that's not the point.
I would love that 'option' personally, over say 3 pieces of cake as I don't fly to the US often.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 5:04 am

Programs: LH, United, Hyatt, Air France
Originally Posted by gum
I am firmly convinced that Hyatt wants and welcomes the "business" of all Gp members. But the introduction of a new co-branded credit card is subject to many factors - mainly by the credit card companies themselves. E. g. for a very long period Lufthansa had a Miles&More combined co-branded card only for the German market.

If you take Germany as an example: There are not so many Hyatt hotels and the network isn´t so dense that Hyatt would reach a significant number of credit cards right from the beginning.

I don´t know the exact numbers for a credit card programme to be profitable but even one of the major issuer of co-branded cards like some Landesbanks or Barclays don´t spread their portfolio too wide.

So the "fault" is not on the side of the hotel company.

And if you don´t reach the level for one of the redemption opportunities there is always the possiblity to buy the missing points in increments of 1,000 points for a very moderate price.

http://www.hyatt.com/gp/en/awards/combine_transfer.jsp

^
M&M has various agreements around the world for a quite a while now.
It has been more than 3 years now that Miles&More has a co-branded Master Card and American Express in Belgium. So why can't Hyatt have this, at least with American Express and especially for the French Market which they want to conquer as April 1 ?
Old Feb 7, 2013, 5:23 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A523 Safari/8536.25)

And the point isn't that non-US members can't get the credit card - we understand that the financials don't work in markets where there isn't any mass of GP members

The bit that pisses me off is that GP keeps throwing these extra bonus points at cc holders - so there's a part of the promotion which int'l members can't even access

Old Feb 7, 2013, 5:31 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SGC Gold, IHG Plat, Delta Diamond, Cont Gold, US Air Chairmans
Thank you.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:03 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gum
So the "fault" is not on the side of the hotel company.
Offcourse it is.......

The credit card gives you points for any amount spent with Hyatt and elsewhere. That's simply a function of how these loyalty brand cc's work. And you could presume that customers without the card can at least get some benefits by paying with another card. I think we all realize that there is no such thing as a global card. But when you are pretending to offer a global loyalty program you also carry a responsability towards your other members, something that is completely ignored.

Giving away free nights, extra points or reducing status qualifications for simply having the card, knowing that a major part of your members cannot get this benefit, is a decision that is the sole responsability of the GP program. This really has nothing to do with the card company.

Hyatt GP has knowingly created a second-rate membership for their non-US based members. And they refuse to even acknowledge it, let alone think about any actions to compensate for the impact it has.

Last edited by RTW1; Feb 7, 2013 at 6:18 am
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:48 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Does every thread about hyatt GP bonuses have to be inundated with whining about Chase's Hyatt Card not being an international card? Seems like we could consolidate all of that in a singular thread.

Besides that most of the complaints seem to miss some of the points around services used to validate credit history, laws internationally governing credit cards, cost/benefit of offering the card outside of the US, etc. I'm sure the smart folks at Hyatt (and the myriad of other companies that offer US cards ONLY as well) have done the calculations, know the laws, and have the data that caused them to go in the direction they did.

Trust me, if the company thought they could make a buck off you... they will.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:59 am

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Originally Posted by cs1985
i´m still wondering why there is no reaction from Hyatt Goldpassport according to the really really bad feedback of unsatisfied customers...
There never is
Old Feb 7, 2013, 9:11 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Does every thread about hyatt GP bonuses have to be inundated with whining about Chase's Hyatt Card not being an international card? Seems like we could consolidate all of that in a singular thread.

Besides that most of the complaints seem to miss some of the points around services used to validate credit history, laws internationally governing credit cards, cost/benefit of offering the card outside of the US, etc. I'm sure the smart folks at Hyatt (and the myriad of other companies that offer US cards ONLY as well) have done the calculations, know the laws, and have the data that caused them to go in the direction they did.

WELL SAID!

Many threads have the same complains. I see the points brought up by our international members but do we need to hear it over and over again? My head hurts every time this is brought up. The CC issue tends to drown out the topic at hand and we have all seen this happen. Sometimes the MODs have to put a stop to this and had at least one time locked the thread.

Try starting a new thread to address the CC issues or maybe go here and express your grievances http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...visa-card.html

I truely believe the fact that if they can make money off you, they will. So please let us get back on topic. Thanks!
Old Feb 7, 2013, 10:01 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by Vinodavid

Perhaps the lamest promo in recent memory.
Perhaps? Are you always so non-commital

This is a non-promo... as it's completely linear with no plateaus (other than the 3 night minimum to reach anything) it's really just a change in the points per stay from 1:1 (or 1:1.3 for Diamond, or whatever it is).

I'm not saying HGP should have a promo this period, or that one is needed... I understand the economy and the competition's lack of good promos and I'm still directing almost all my stays at Hyatt because they are my #1 for non-point reasons... but read up on this thread HGP, this promo IS (not perhaps) lame.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 10:55 am

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT LIFETIME GLOBALIST, UAL SILVER, AA EXECUTIVE PLATINUM
Originally Posted by canyonleo
Perhaps? Are you always so non-commital

This is a non-promo... as it's completely linear with no plateaus (other than the 3 night minimum to reach anything) it's really just a change in the points per stay from 1:1 (or 1:1.3 for Diamond, or whatever it is).

I'm not saying HGP should have a promo this period, or that one is needed... I understand the economy and the competition's lack of good promos and I'm still directing almost all my stays at Hyatt because they are my #1 for non-point reasons... but read up on this thread HGP, this promo IS (not perhaps) lame.
Fair enough...

THIS IS THE WORST HOTEL PROMOTION IN HISTORY.

This won't cause me to add or change any current reservations. I will end up with 15k or 18k extra points.

In my mind either run a decent promo or none at all. I am getting extra points for nights that I would have stayed with no promo but will not book or change ANY reservations for this stinker.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:53 am

Programs: Hyatt diamond

Totally agree.
Look, we couldn't get a Visa from a French Bank if we wanted to.
Different qualifications, different rules and very few benefits which the French have to pay for separately.

For us, in the USA with an established credit and an address in the US these extra benefits (which we are enjoying and taking for granted) are totally free.

I am sure the rules of the Credit Card Companies issued by Visa and Mastercard do not cross-over as the respective governments would not allow it.
To those who did not already know it and keep complaining about Hyatt. It has NOTHING TO DO WITH HYATT.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:55 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A523 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac

And the point isn't that non-US members can't get the credit card - we understand that the financials don't work in markets where there isn't any mass of GP members

The bit that pisses me off is that GP keeps throwing these extra bonus points at cc holders - so there's a part of the promotion which int'l members can't even access

What I said already - the intl members aren't *****ing about the cc, we're *****ing about HGP continuing to throw out additional bonuses to card holders which we can't access....therefore we'll keep addressing it in every promo thread for so long as HGP keep doing it
Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:12 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Exactly... and that has everything to do with the GP program and nothing really to do with the credit card.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 1:02 pm

Well, to me the point of promos is to drive business in. I will get 7200 points for preexisting reservations, but to me, promos are supposed to give points to reward new stays, not just give bonus points to people for stays they are doing anyway.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 1:44 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Exactly... and that has everything to do with the GP program and nothing really to do with the credit card.
Are you sure this time that this is how things are done???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.