Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz (Avia) Savannah REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz (Avia) Savannah REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2022, 8:02 pm

Just to note, we generally stay at he HR. If we are using points and have free parking we valet. Otherwise, we use the Whitaker, as it's a quick walk by Starbucks across Bay between HR and the garage. The HR daily valet is #36 where the Whitaker is $16(?). Unless I am there for a week (known to happen) I don't need my vehicle so in/out doesn't matter to me.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 5:53 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Yoksel
Stayed for two nights at the tail of 2021. Pretty much same feeling as others expressed.

I did stay at Andaz San Diego extensively a few years ago and SAN property actually is quite a bit better than SAV.

For SAV. Location is great. Breakfast is good but very slow. It's not even understaffed - plenty of folks working it. But they tend to forget things and take extreme time. Pretty much no limit for Globalist is a nice touch - had a chance to try a few things over two days.

Free parking for Globalist on award stay saved quite a bit. Cars are in the underground garage under Ellis square. I had to grab something and it was convenient. Noticed valet didn't lock my car though.

Location is great.

Got upgraded from 2 queen to a suite without asking. They didn't pay attention that I needed 2 beds. The sofa is not good at all for sleeping. Also I got 306 which is accessible room - those are a bit creepy and not optimally configured if one doesn't have accessible needs.

I did get two pralines at check-in but nothing else. Since we arrived at midnight, something more substantial would be nice.
Also stayed at both the Andaz at SAN and SAV. The breakfast selection at the hotel in SAV was surprisingly good. Parking at Ellis was complimentary but I don't think I would be to comfortable parking in the lot at night. You might just step on poop.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 3:20 pm
Suspended

A few DPs, Its my 1st time here ,Im Globalist on a very cheap $$ rate. Online checkin this morn showed me in an Andaz Suite, booked cheapest King.

Was gonna self park @ Whitaker for $16 (Chase gave me a 10% off 1 stay max $25, so thought that would cover my parking). As I approached the lot the FULL sign was lit, thought I would have to wait till after 5 or 6. Decided to see if I could park in front of the hotel checkin and drop my things in the room. Was asked if I had a car said yes but will self park, she said "No need Valet is free to Globalists" :-)

Facing Ellis Sq with a balcony and very nice wide view. Wish I was in town for more then just tonight,

also a goody bag that had a flask(bottle) of Dewars and 2 local pkged nut somethings

Last edited by craz; Jan 18, 2022 at 3:28 pm
Old Jan 18, 2022, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Back after a 3 day weekend...assigned a regular suite (x03) night 1, then moved to a better Ellis Sq. suite (x26) night 2-3. Both were good...regular suite (overlooking the pool) was more of a true suite w/doors, whereas Ellis Square was more of a Jr. suite w/ a bigger entryway (though felt bigger overall).

Awesome property esp. at the Cat 4 level. Breakfast was excellent, great service. Perfect location...Thompson is wayyyyy away from where you want to be for a quickie Savannah visit.

I got the same gift bag...hard pass on the Dewar's!
Old Jan 19, 2022, 4:02 am

Congrats on Andes providing free parking a cash stay. Keep on eye out for future adjustments to your CC. Had HR charge for valet parking 3-4 days after stay when using points. When I called Hyatt to inquire they quickly refunded the charge.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 1:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SAVlover
Congrats on Andes providing free parking a cash stay. Keep on eye out for future adjustments to your CC. Had HR charge for valet parking 3-4 days after stay when using points. When I called Hyatt to inquire they quickly refunded the charge.
Yea I was very surprised and it wasnt on the bill this morning. That said I had another stay elsewhere last week for 4 nights and ended up being charged for 1 breakfast., never got an e-bill and when I checked out I said s/b a Zero balance and they didnt say wait. Called the acct dept on Tues and it was refunded promptly. Hopefully I wont end up with a surprise parking charge after the fact
Old Jan 19, 2022, 1:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Back after a 3 day weekend...assigned a regular suite (x03) night 1, then moved to a better Ellis Sq. suite (x26) night 2-3. Both were good...regular suite (overlooking the pool) was more of a true suite w/doors, whereas Ellis Square was more of a Jr. suite w/ a bigger entryway (though felt bigger overall).

Awesome property esp. at the Cat 4 level. Breakfast was excellent, great service. Perfect location...Thompson is wayyyyy away from where you want to be for a quickie Savannah visit.

I got the same gift bag...hard pass on the Dewar's!
I was in an x22, it wasnt so much that there was really anything to see in the Sq as there wasnt a building facing me in the face

I would return , really great employees

Last edited by craz; Jan 23, 2022 at 11:08 am Reason: put xx24 when just looking at my bill it was x22
Old Jan 19, 2022, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I'll be going back for 2 one night stays soon. I'm hoping for the same suite. For no other reason than to get more shrimp and grits
tearex likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 10:34 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Mary2e
I'll be going back for 2 one night stays soon. I'm hoping for the same suite. For no other reason than to get more shrimp and grits
shrimp and grits, I‘ll have to try that.
but which suite are you referring to, the Ellis Square one?
Old Jan 20, 2022, 10:42 am

Definitely try it... I was told it is one of the best in the area.

Yes, it has a balcony overlooking Ellis square and a really big bathroom.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 1:08 pm
Suspended

Definitely try it... I was told it is one of the best in the area.

Yes, it has a balcony overlooking Ellis square and a really big bathroom.

I assume the Ellis Sq suite is a X26 room, which is a corner room I assume with windows on 2 sides. My X22 had windows only facing the Sq but seems the room is slightly larger then the X26 and is an Andaz Suite and had a small balcony that one could just stand out on, also with a very large bathroom and separate soaking tub

Last edited by craz; Jan 23, 2022 at 11:08 am
Old Jan 22, 2022, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by craz
I assume the Ellis Sq suite is a X26 room, which is a corner room I assume with windows on 2 sides. My X24 had windows only facing the Sq but seems the room is slightly larger then the X26 and is an Andaz Suite and had a small balcony that one could just stand out on, also with a very large bathroom and separate soaking tub
No, I think it was a xx20. We were in the center of the hall.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I assume the Ellis Sq suite is a X26 room, which is a corner room I assume with windows on 2 sides. My X24 had windows only facing the Sq but seems the room is slightly larger then the X26 and is an Andaz Suite and had a small balcony that one could just stand out on, also with a very large bathroom and separate soaking tub
Yes this is a corner one - 2 sided windows. The "suite" part is an awkward entry way w/ a high top table and two chairs and a wall mounted TV...not very usable. But the main room makes up for it.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 6:48 pm
Suspended

No, I think it was a xx20. We were in the center of the hall.
In that case try and get a X22 room, its the same as the X20 but the 20 has a building in front of it the 22 doesnt. From the floor plan on the back of the door 20 and 22 are the same, x26 I believe is a smaller room but is a corner so you get views from 2 sides and I think it has floor to ceiling windows

Last edited by craz; Jan 23, 2022 at 11:09 am
Old Jan 23, 2022, 10:44 am

In that case try and get a X24 room, its the same as the X20 but the 20 has a building in front of it the 24 doesnt. From the floor plan on the back of the door 20 and 24 are the same, x26 I believe is a smaller room but is a corner so you get views from 2 sides and I think it has floor to ceiling windows
The xx20 room I had did not have a building in front of it. It had a nice view of Ellis Square at one end with a building across the street and to the side.

I'm sure the GM will take care of us again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.