Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz (Avia) Savannah REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz (Avia) Savannah REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2021, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, JL JGC, Hyatt Glob
Haha! I know it was two different chefs because they had come out to say hello to the guests. And it was an entirely weekday stay.

Originally Posted by parrotheadmjb
I had a similar experience with the shrimp and grits in October one was much soupier than the other both very good (first was better), was yours a weekend stay or weekday?
Old Jan 29, 2021, 8:32 am

Heading here the weekend after St Paddy's! There was a minimum stay requirement for Saturday night, and my TY rate was only good for Sunday, but the twitter folks kindly pushed through my free night certificate for Saturday and managed to keep me on the TY rate for Sunday. Pretty excited to try both versions of shrimp and grits =p
Old Jan 29, 2021, 8:37 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
This is a nice hotel. If you can upgrade your room I would recommend it. Some of the smaller rooms are quite small.
synergistic likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 8:13 am

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Is valet parking free for Globalists on award stays at the Andaz Savannah?
Old Mar 16, 2021, 8:47 am

it was for me in Oct. 2020 so I assume it still is....
PDXpress likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by PDXpress
Definitely, valet is the only parking option that can be charged to the room so its free.
PDXpress likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 11:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Depending on your plans, you might not want/need a car here. Most of the tourist stuff, museums, restaurants, etc. is within walking distance. There are also some free tourist shuttle buses (check if these are still operating), plus limited public bus service to/from the airport.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Depending on your plans, you might not want/need a car here. Most of the tourist stuff, museums, restaurants, etc. is within walking distance. There are also some free tourist shuttle buses (check if these are still operating), plus limited public bus service to/from the airport.
Helpful answers, thank you all. Good to know this is a Hyatt valet vs. city parking garage situation.
I'm planning to hand the car to the valet and not see it for 24 hours. Very excited about walking.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 7:26 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
AFAIK the Hyatt hotel valet puts the car into a city parking garage, IIRC the one across the street, where you could also park the car yourself. It's not particularly secure, if that's a concern.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 8:57 am

AFAIK the Hyatt hotel valet puts the car into a city parking garage, IIRC the one across the street, where you could also park the car yourself. It's not particularly secure, if that's a concern.
Got it. I was just confirming that this is one of those Hyatts where a Globalist on an award stay would have to pay for self parking but valet would be free.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 5:42 pm

Programs: British Airways Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium, Singapore Krisflyer Gold
Yes, my parking fee was waived there last month.

Last edited by wb2020; Mar 22, 2021 at 5:44 pm Reason: Added quote
Old Mar 22, 2021, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by wb2020
Yes, my parking fee was waived there last month.
Last month (through the end of February 2021), Globs were entitled to free parking on paid stays too, assuming that they were booked through a Hyatt channel using qualifying rates.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 6:28 am

Just stayed here. Staff is super nice. Not sure how I feel because I booked a loft and got assigned into a handicap room with doorbell and handicap shower...The room is huge but definitely doesn’t look like the picture, including the tub. We got sent a free bottle of champagne with chocolate strawberries for our anniversary though!

Last edited by Atreyu21; Apr 28, 2021 at 7:20 am
Old Apr 28, 2021, 9:29 am
Suspended

Just CXed mY res, the airport bus has been KOed read where it was costing them close to $80 a person thats how few people used it. A car is $130 for an economy car, no thx. The free buses downtown (tolley) has been KOed for the time being
Old Apr 28, 2021, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by craz
Just CXed mY res, the airport bus has been KOed read where it was costing them close to $80 a person thats how few people used it. A car is $130 for an economy car, no thx. The free buses downtown (tolley) has been KOed for the time being
Took a Lyft back and forth from the airport. $50 round trip with 20% tip...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.