Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz (Avia) Savannah REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz (Avia) Savannah REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2021, 11:46 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Atreyu21
Took a Lyft back and forth from the airport. $50 round trip with 20% tip...
still not worth it for me for 1-2 night leisure trip, it would if it was a biz trip

Guess its gonna be awhile till Im willing to travel where a car rental is needed, thats until they restock their fleets and supply is more then demand. Till then its close by road trips or an airport that has decent public transport to my hotel and where I want to go is near the hotel
synergistic likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 5:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by craz
Just CXed mY res, the airport bus has been KOed read where it was costing them close to $80 a person thats how few people used it. A car is $130 for an economy car, no thx. The free buses downtown (tolley) has been KOed for the time being
IIRC the public airport bus stopped running at about 5 pm and was about once an hour before then. (That's why I said limited.) Not very useful, and not publicized, so of course there weren't many riders other than airport workers.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 8:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IIRC the public airport bus stopped running at about 5 pm and was about once an hour before then. (That's why I said limited.) Not very useful, and not publicized, so of course there weren't many riders other than airport workers.
Im not sure that there were that many flights arriving after 5pm anyways, the worst part is the CAT site(owners of the bus) didnt have a message up if you clicked on the 100X info, if anything it told you when the next bus will be at that stop. I found out when I emailed the airport (noo link to the bus company and they dont answer the phone) where exactly the stop is located

Ive been to SAV several times and always had a car but not gonna pay $130 a day nor even 1/3 of that. Will simply probably return to MIA
Old Apr 29, 2021, 3:39 pm

Just CXed mY res, the airport bus has been KOed read where it was costing them close to $80 a person thats how few people used it. A car is $130 for an economy car, no thx. The free buses downtown (tolley) has been KOed for the time being
More details:
The service is expected to be suspended for six to 12 months so that staff can evaluate ways to improve the route.
Averaging about 170 passengers a month at a cost amounting to about $80 per passenger, the service is one of CAT’s least used and most expensive.
Potential changes include using a smaller vehicle for the service or possibly altering the route and adding stops to increase usage.
The DW & I used it R/T a few years back. It didn't seem all that heavily used even then, so I can see how the ROI to keep running it in the COVID era would be low. It's too bad, because it was a perfectly serviceable option if you were willing to walk a few blocks from the bus station to the historic district.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 3:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by beltway
More details:

The DW & I used it R/T a few years back. It didn't seem all that heavily used even then, so I can see how the ROI to keep running it in the COVID era would be low. It's too bad, because it was a perfectly serviceable option if you were willing to walk a few blocks from the bus station to the historic district.
walk from the bus station??? The Ellis Sq stop is next to The Andaz no walking necessary at least when the bus was running. And I assume that alot of the hotels were closer to a bus stop then the bus station is, just need to know which stop to get off at.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 3:51 pm

walk from the bus station??? The Ellis Sq stop is next to The Andaz no walking necessary at least when the bus was running. And I assume that alot of the hotels were closer to a bus stop then the bus station is, just need to know which stop to get off at.
There was no Ellis Square stop when we took it in 2017(?). The bus station was the end of the line.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 4:39 pm
Suspended

There was no Ellis Square stop when we took it in 2017(?). The bus station was the end of the line.
I cant speak about 2017 but heres the stops Downtown : Heres the link to the 100X of cause its moot, but if you check it by day it will show you when the next bus leave HaHa it doesnt include what year. Me thinks they should put up a notice its not running or remove the 100X from the site till such time as it returns thats if if ever does. https://moovitapp.com/index/en/publi...51598-256072-0
Old Apr 29, 2021, 6:07 pm

I’ll conclude my remarks on this with the following:
Old Apr 29, 2021, 6:25 pm
Suspended

I’ll conclude my remarks on this with the following:
I agree not sure Id do the walk from the bus station (apx 15 mins) to The Andaz, especially if its hot & humid
Old Apr 29, 2021, 9:38 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What I remember is that there was a bus stop (Ellis Square) almost across the street from the hotel if you're coming from the airport, but the "concierge" (who really was a sales person for a tour bus company) sitting in the hotel lobby told me that I would have to walk to some other stop if I wanted to go to the airport.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 12:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What I remember is that there was a bus stop (Ellis Square) almost across the street from the hotel if you're coming from the airport, but the "concierge" (who really was a sales person for a tour bus company) sitting in the hotel lobby told me that I would have to walk to some other stop if I wanted to go to the airport.
Thats what I thought as well until enough digging I found that you most certainly can board the bus on its way from the airport in order to go to the airport. The only problem would to be at the stop a good 5 mins before its suppose to arrive otherwise you wont know if it came early and left unless it stays until its so called departure time.

But its all moot as who knows if it ever will return and if it does what the routing will be
Old Aug 7, 2021, 10:06 am

My family and I finished up a great 4-night stay this week at the Andaz Savannah. Paid stay on a Prive 4-for-3 suite rate, booked directly into an Andaz Suite. Unsurprisingly, no upgrade. (I was running the numbers on a regular booking and using a TSU, but decided to go for the Prive rate.)

Breakfast in the restaurant was totally taken care of (and I had hungry teenagers who sometimes order two main entrees). Servers and the kitchen were a bit underwater a few days, but we had flexible morning schedules so not a big deal. Paid valet parking was also comp'd, even though we were not on a points stay. Yay! Welcome amenity was a plate of macarons in the room, a box with some local bourbon and vodka and treats, and two silicone wine glasses with a coupon for two pours of Canvas wine at the bar downstairs.

Water, sodas and juice are available on request from the front desk (as opposed to being stocked in the room).

The property is only doing full housekeeping every third night, which was fine by me. (Every day, though, they still enter the room for trash and to take away dirty towels.)

Location is great. Lots of stuff right off of Ellis Square, and it's a very short walk to the river and everything there.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 11:43 am

Were the macaroons and wine the gift from your Prive agent or was this a Glob amenity from the hotel?
Old Aug 18, 2021, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by QuantumMeruit
My family and I finished up a great 4-night stay this week at the Andaz Savannah. Paid stay on a Prive 4-for-3 suite rate, booked directly into an Andaz Suite. Unsurprisingly, no upgrade. (I was running the numbers on a regular booking and using a TSU, but decided to go for the Prive rate.)

Breakfast in the restaurant was totally taken care of (and I had hungry teenagers who sometimes order two main entrees). Servers and the kitchen were a bit underwater a few days, but we had flexible morning schedules so not a big deal. Paid valet parking was also comp'd, even though we were not on a points stay. Yay! Welcome amenity was a plate of macarons in the room, a box with some local bourbon and vodka and treats, and two silicone wine glasses with a coupon for two pours of Canvas wine at the bar downstairs.

Water, sodas and juice are available on request from the front desk (as opposed to being stocked in the room).

The property is only doing full housekeeping every third night, which was fine by me. (Every day, though, they still enter the room for trash and to take away dirty towels.)

Location is great. Lots of stuff right off of Ellis Square, and it's a very short walk to the river and everything there.
Curious about the breakfast and other amenities. Do you have status with Hyatt, or how were the amenities provided? I have a 3 night stay in an Andaz suite booked next week, but I booked direct with no status. Not expecting anything, but I'm curious.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 7:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by shimps1
Curious about the breakfast and other amenities. Do you have status with Hyatt, or how were the amenities provided? I have a 3 night stay in an Andaz suite booked next week, but I booked direct with no status. Not expecting anything, but I'm curious.
You should try to re-book via a Prive travel agent and then you will get breakfast included and potentially a credit to use at the hotel. You can search for the Prive thread on here to find an agent. Unsure about price difference now that trip is so close.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.