Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2018, 7:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Aventine
It's like a baby Andaz. An entirely different stay experience than this hotel.
I'm probably a bit weird in that I rather like the Shinjuku area for hotels.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 8:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by kapooncha
I'm probably a bit weird in that I rather like the Shinjuku area for hotels.
I must agree. It is exceedingly convenient. And fun.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 8:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I must agree. It is exceedingly convenient. And fun.
I love the late night stroll back. So quiet and peaceful.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kapooncha
I love the late night stroll back. So quiet and peaceful.
Just don't make eye contact with the homeless.
kapooncha likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:01 am

Club Lounge Guest Policy

I have 2 rooms booked with award points, under two different names in this hotel. I've applied the Club Access Award to my reservation, but unable to get Club Access for the other room.

Since there are 4 of us total traveling (2 per room) , would love to get lounge access for all 4 people. Does anyone know what the Guest policy is for the Club Lounge? Can I bring in 2 guests?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 4, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Lumpylump76
I have 2 rooms booked with award points, under two different names in this hotel. I've applied the Club Access Award to my reservation, but unable to get Club Access for the other room.

Since there are 4 of us total traveling (2 per room) , would love to get lounge access for all 4 people. Does anyone know what the Guest policy is for the Club Lounge? Can I bring in 2 guests?

Thanks in advance!
I believe there is a fee for guests, but maybe someone else will know for sure. What I can tell you is that they are very aware of who is coming in. We were only there for 5 nights and they knew us by name on the first day. I think they'd know if your guests just came in with you and weren't properly registered. We had two rooms (one for us, one for our 3 kids) and we used 2 club awards, one for each room. Why not just put the other room in your name and apply a club award to it? FWIW: I was told by another property that the club award allows 4 people (assuming you've booked a room that can accommodate 4), but I always have to use a second award b/c of our 3rd kid. Sigh.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 4:00 pm

Thanks in advance!
I was just there for 5 nights. We had two rooms and did apply the club access awards for each. However, never once did anybody ask anybody's name or room number (unlike Sheraton at Disney Tokyo we stayed at where they kept a list). I am sure we could have used one award but I like to follow the rules. The club is not great. It's fine but not great. The service is excellent but the food is pretty minimal to me. A hoard of people attack the sushi at 6:00 pm and it'd done by 6:02. Lol. You can order room service to the club which we did one night. Much cheaper than the restaurants at the hotel.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 4:33 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Does Hyatt Regency Tokyo allow 3 adults to a room?
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I believe there is a fee for guests, but maybe someone else will know for sure. What I can tell you is that they are very aware of who is coming in. We were only there for 5 nights and they knew us by name on the first day. I think they'd know if your guests just came in with you and weren't properly registered. We had two rooms (one for us, one for our 3 kids) and we used 2 club awards, one for each room. Why not just put the other room in your name and apply a club award to it? FWIW: I was told by another property that the club award allows 4 people (assuming you've booked a room that can accommodate 4), but I always have to use a second award b/c of our 3rd kid. Sigh.
The property do not have any more award availability. The Hyatt agent could not switch the existing award to my account without the risk of losing the room altogether.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 5:14 pm

The property do not have any more award availability. The Hyatt agent could not switch the existing award to my account without the risk of losing the room altogether.
Is the other room for kids? If so, you could ask about the 50% off for kids' second room. You can add a kid room to a parent room that is an award rez. We did this in HK (I think it was about $100-150/night). It might be worth paying for that and giving up the point nights so you could use the club access. If other room is for adults, that won't work, obviously.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:09 pm

Haven't stayed here for more than one year. ... any change for the breakfast for Globalist member? ... any change of the lounge?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rebyang
Haven't stayed here for more than one year. ... any change for the breakfast for Globalist member? ... any change of the lounge?
Globalist have breakfast at the Club Lounge which I find has improved over time but not during the past year or so. I'm happy with the breakfast there.

The evening lounge hour is a total joke - don't waste your time!
Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
The evening lounge hour is a total joke - don't waste your time!
Lota of good, free liquor on hand. Might even be better than GHT in that regard.

Last edited by hailstorm; Jan 12, 2019 at 1:57 am
Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Lota of good, free liquor on hand. Might wven be better than GHT in that regard.
The wine is very mediocre.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
The wine is very mediocre.
Not knowledgeable enough to speak to that. There are so many different things to try that I hardly touch the wine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.