Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2018, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Data is extremely cheap.
Not in Japan, and especially not if the phone isn't enrolled in a plan that anticipates high data use.

Your use alone may have caused the hotel to get hit for several thousand dollars. Whether they actually ended up PAYING that much is another story, but the experience alone likely would have spooked them into ending that policy right then and there.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Not in Japan, and especially not if the phone isn't enrolled in a plan that anticipates high data use.
Why would an unlimited plan not anticipate high data use?

You can buy prepaid sims, in Japan, with that much data for relatively cheap (under 10k yen). And that's generally the most expensive way to buy data.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Why would an unlimited plan not anticipate high data use?
Because there are no unlimited data plans in Japan.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The idea that the hotel paid thousands of dollars for 20g (50s of dollars per gig) is ludicrous. Even light usage would mean that it would cost them hundreds of dollars...
Old Dec 14, 2018, 3:52 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
It's free for all staying WoH member and their guests.
Not a WoH regular, and even less familiar with the previous program, so I’ll throw out there for dummies like me that both are free to general members, not just elite WoH members.

Old Dec 29, 2018, 8:40 am
Suspended

How are the base rooms here booked on points? Decent?

Deciding whether to stay here for the bargain or splurge for the PH.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by kapooncha

Just IMO, but I'd use my points to splurge in another manner (like a trip to Maldives, or PH Paris, or Andaz Maui which I like). Now, if one has so many points to use... or if one has little time to do a different trip, then it's probably a worthy upgrade?
Old Dec 29, 2018, 10:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by canyonleo
Just IMO, but I'd use my points to splurge in another manner (like a trip to Maldives, or PH Paris, or Andaz Maui which I like). Now, if one has so many points to use... or if one has little time to do a different trip, then it's probably a worthy upgrade?
I hear ya. I've been to Maldives already. Paris has a lot of boutique hotel at affordable prices that I'd prefer to stay at than the PH. I'm doing Andaz Maui in June.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select

They are fine. If you can use a TSU they are a great value - I paid 12k points/night for an upcoming 2019 7 night stay in the Regency suite... I'd take that deal again in a heart beat on every trip to Tokyo. But I've found this hotel to be way above in terms of soft / hard product compared to any 12k point redemption in the US... its deceptively cheap.

My first stay in Tokyo, I did HR for cash and then did a redemption for one night at the PH Tokyo... that might be a better use if you are not going to stay a lot in the hotel... have a luxurious last night in Tokyo, have a drink at the New York Bar, hope you can get an upgrade to a room that has a view of Mt Fuji. But, as many have stated, the hotel is a bit dated and some would view the Andaz or GH Tokyo as good luxury compromises at a better redemption rate... but I don't want to veer off topic, so you should probably pore over the comments in this thread: which Hyatt in Tokyo?
Old Dec 29, 2018, 10:43 am
Suspended

Actually I just looked for Sakura season and no point redemptions available. Should have known. Andaz same.

Not going to do GH. So that pretty much narrows down my options to PH.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
I hear ya. I've been to Maldives already. Paris has a lot of boutique hotel at affordable prices that I'd prefer to stay at than the PH. I'm doing Andaz Maui in June.

Then seems like you have plenty (sufficient) points for "the best of Hyatt" ideas. Enjoy PH Tokyo (but maybe Andaz there is the call, I have no idea?).
Old Dec 29, 2018, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Actually I just looked for Sakura season and no point redemptions available. Should have known. Andaz same.

This hotel is fine if you're only going to shower and sleep in the room during Sakura season.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've heard that Hyatt Centric Ginza is a thing that exists.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 5:43 pm
Suspended

I've heard that Hyatt Centric Ginza is a thing that exists.
I'm lukewarm on that one although there is some good value there at 20k points/night vs. cash rates.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I'm lukewarm on that one although there is some good value there at 20k points/night vs. cash rates.
It's like a baby Andaz. An entirely different stay experience than this hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.