Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt San Francisco REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt San Francisco REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
I stayed consecutive nights at the HR (on a DSU) and then at the GH (on an award night). I liked the HR better all around, I think. The GH was just OK in my opinion for a Grand Hyatt.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 11:49 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by Kacee
The lounge was completely overwhelmed this morning, multiple parties standing around with plates of food and literally nowhere to sit.
Same thing this morning. They should extend the breakfast times. 9:30 during the week and 10 on the weekend is too early to end it. Should be an hour longer and the problem would be gone.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 3:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, QF Platinum
Originally Posted by Football Fan
Same thing this morning. They should extend the breakfast times. 9:30 during the week and 10 on the weekend is too early to end it. Should be an hour longer and the problem would be gone.
What time were you there? I have found it to be quite empty around 7:00am to 7:30am, especially on weekdays
Old Jan 17, 2015, 3:56 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by file51
What time were you there? I have found it to be quite empty around 7:00am to 7:30am, especially on weekdays
9:30 to 10:00 (towards the end of the breakfast - it cleared up pretty quickly when the breakfast was gone)
Old Jan 17, 2015, 5:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Football Fan
Should be an hour longer and the problem would be gone.
That might help some, but I think the basic problem is too many club eligible guests. They should offer Diamonds breakfast in the restaurant.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 5:17 pm

That might help some, but I think the basic problem is too many club eligible guests. They should offer Diamonds breakfast in the restaurant.
Absolutely agree - at least when the club is full, like it was this morning. At the rates I am paying here, I don't think it is acceptable that you come to the lounge and there is no seat. I did in fact ask if we could have the breakfast in the restaurant instead, but was told the best thing that could be done would be to give us a tray and we could take stuff to our room.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
This has been chronic since the lounge was moved off the top floor, years ago. They know it, so it must be inferred that it's part of the business plan. So people linger for a shorter time? I don't think I've hung around since it was moved. In fact, for a while, I'd take my stuff up to the top floor and watch the sun rise and the boats going by on the bay.

The restaurant option is a very nice solution, but might add significant staffing costs.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 11:23 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Yes the move from 34 was a huge shame - although the current club is larger than it was for a while. It was busy when I was there on 1st Jan but always a seat available.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 7:49 pm

Respire Allergy-free room at Grand Hyatt San Francisco

B*U*M*P

guys

Has anybody stayed at the Grand Hyatt San Francisco RESPIRE room? I'm a pollen allergy sufferer and heading there in April and wanted to see if someone has had a positive experience staying there. If you've also stayed at a Marriott pure room, would love to hear about that as well

http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/specials/...espireredirect

Thank you

Last edited by sam007; Feb 26, 2015 at 7:45 pm
Old Mar 13, 2015, 8:11 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
I stay here quite often whenever I'm in SF proper. I rather like the hotel (as Ive mentioned up thread) since the renovation. Room prices have increased quite a bit from the 145 days about 3-4 years ago, but such is life.

The reason i'm writing the review again is my most recent stay included a snafu related to my suite upgrade certificate not getting applied properly to my stay. I informed the hotel on my arrival, and while it was the weekend and there were no suites available they were going to work on resolving it. Stayed in a standard club floor on the 30 or 31st IIRC. After the weekend, they moved me into a suite which was such a nice thing for them to do. When we arrived at the suite, I didn't realize that it was one of the entertainment suites with a room that extended the whole width of the hotel.

Some quick snaps:

Anyhow, per the norm David was super nice the entire stay remembering my guest names, a friend of mine who was also staying at the hotel (who I convinced last year to become diamond), along with mine. The other hosts in the club were likewise their normal friendly selves - I stay here pretty often and am recognizable, so they tend to either greet me by name.

I guess the whole point of this post is to say this hotel continues to be my favorite hotel in the US because of their customer service. What could have been a pain in the ..., turned out to be fixed in a reasonable amount of time, and I left even happier than I would have been setting foot into the door.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 8:28 am

Stayed here a few nights ago on a west coast odyssey where I hit the Palace SF, the GH SF, the HR SF, the GH Seattle, the O8, and finally the Hyatt Mag Mile on consecutive nights.

The GH San Francisco is fantastic, but I will reiterate my opinion upthread that I find it slightly less stellar than the HR SF. The rooms are quite nice, and they have the walk-in shower that I strongly prefer rather than a tub. Beds are very comfy and the service is first-rate. Liked the lounge a lot - spacious, good appetizers in the evening. I remember giant sweet-and-sour meatballs was the hot selection and were tasty. Service in the lounge (and everywhere else) was great. The GH is top-notch all-around.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 11:27 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Liked the lounge a lot - spacious, good appetizers in the evening.
Lounge "spacious"? At GH San Francisco? I take it you did not try to eat breakfast there.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 12:37 pm

Lounge "spacious"? At GH San Francisco? I take it you did not try to eat breakfast there.
I certainly didn't find it cramped, and yes, I ate breakfast there. Perhaps it wasn't especially busy when I was there.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by nineworldseries
I certainly didn't find it cramped, and yes, I ate breakfast there. Perhaps it wasn't especially busy when I was there.
Must have been a very quiet morning.

When I was there, people were standing around with plates b/c there was literally nowhere to sit. We took our plates back to the room.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 6:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist,
Must have been a very quiet morning.

When I was there, people were standing around with plates b/c there was literally nowhere to sit. We took our plates back to the room.
I found it quite packed during bf earlier this month. Spotty service too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.