Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt San Francisco REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt San Francisco REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2014, 1:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
I've stayed at this hotel a few times in the past 3 weeks, often I see LARGE groups of people coming into the lounge.... they don't check or enforce any rules. This maybe the reason why they have downgraded the offerings.

Really depends on the property, from my observation at the SF Grand Hyatt, many guest bring in as many as they want... hotel does not police who is in the lounge.

FYI: On one stay the room next to me had 5 people in the lounge... How do I know??? the walls at this hotel are thin I could hear everything they talked about, including calling up some friends who live in the city to join them in the lounge.

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
I'll be shortly staying at this hotel. So will some colleagues, each in his own room. I'm diamond but they are not. How many guests am I allowed to bring into the lounge?
Old Mar 25, 2014, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
I just had a fantastic stay here! They have really changed the treatment of Diamonds. It seems like some new staff here has made a bit of a change.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by LASUA1K
I just had a fantastic stay here! They have really changed the treatment of Diamonds. It seems like some new staff here has made a bit of a change.
Interested to know the changes!
Old Mar 26, 2014, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Interested to know the changes!
Email before arrival that wasn't pre written, amenity offered in room before arrival, upgraded to a suite upon arrival.

The vip manager is a real vip manager, and really cares about making the stay perfect!

The lounge did offer some nice appetizers, I even saw the Club Attendant run after someone who looked at the food and walked away. He asked her what was wrong, and how they can improve. It really seems like they care. The main appetizer had bacon, and she did not eat pork.

My only issue now, they seem to lock the lounge at night, when in the past, it would stay open. I love coffee at night, but my room had a Keureg so it didnt' matter on this visit. Front Desk agent did advise me and did offer to send up water or soda to my room, at midnight.

Everyone seemed a bit more friendly.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 3:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
They have always been friendly at this hotel. Would be nice to see if they do make changes with the offerings in the club. They should reflect the culinary excitement of the city they are in... sorry pizza sticks or corn dogs just don't seem right at a hotel club in SF!

Everyone seemed a bit more friendly.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
I stayed here a few nights in February, and that was my first stay as a newly minted Diamond. What a fantastic introduction! Staff was fantastic, and very friendly. David (mentioned upthread) in the club really stood out. I got upgraded to a bay view room, which was fantastic. While the room was spacious and looked fresh and modern, but the furnishings felt cheap. That said, the mattress was very comfortable. Club offerings were decent.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 9:55 am

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Does anyone know if the concierge team has the possibility to pull off a reservation at State Bird Provisions? also does anyone have a good contact for them?
Old Jun 25, 2014, 10:14 am

James is leaving the property. He had brought some nice little changes during his short time there.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
James is leaving the property. He had brought some nice little changes during his short time there.
Who is James ? And what changes?
Old Jul 16, 2014, 10:47 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Now that the parking has gone up to 41 bucks per night (assisted self park) I'm needing to reevaluate where I park a car at this place. Anyone know of a good lot around the GH that isn't quite so much of a ripoff?

Thanks!
Old Jul 16, 2014, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by austin_modern
Now that the parking has gone up to 41 bucks per night (assisted self park) I'm needing to reevaluate where I park a car at this place. Anyone know of a good lot around the GH that isn't quite so much of a ripoff?

Thanks!
Right across the street at the Sutter-Stockton Garage. It's city run. It doesn't seem a whole lot cheaper, however, at $36 for 24 hours, but less if you don't park that long and less on Sundays.

http://www.sfmta.com/getting-around/...tockton-garage
Old Jul 16, 2014, 2:56 pm

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 2015 at 9:40 pm
Old Jul 16, 2014, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by austin_modern

Thanks!
I can't tell you price, but 333 Bush Street ALWAYs has parking when everyone else is crazy packed.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
I can't tell you price, but 333 Bush Street ALWAYs has parking when everyone else is crazy packed.
333 Bush St. is 3-1/2 blocks away. The rate is $32 a day and $10 on Staurdays. Be aware the garage closes at 8 p.m. on weekdays, 5 p.m. on Saturdays and is closed on Sundays. Their website also says that rates reset at 6 a.m. but they don't open until 6:30 on weekdays and 9 a.m. on Saturdays, so you will probably be stuck with at least an extra hour. This doesn't seem to be a viable option for those staying at the Hyatt.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:32 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Grand Hyatt San Francisco

Just had an enjoyable stay here. The rooms were in good shape and we had a nice city-view GC-level room. Great service from all the staff, including the very friendly attendants in the Grand Club where there are some decent views.

Check-in on Sunday afternoon was a zoo with a major conference starting nearby at the Moscone Center - didn't seem to be a separate HGP line.

The Assisted Self Parking was, of course, a bit of a hassle, having to circle the block both to and from the garage due to the 1-way streets, and expensive at $41, as others have noted.

Concierge sent us to the nearby Aliment for dinner one night. Don't know if this is a SF thing, but "chef's way or the highway" was the order of the day - no substitutions (Mrs. dstan does not eat bacon, and they refused to put any other dressing on her salad - seriously, you don't have oil and vinegar? - table next to us had similar problems with a different dish, where the chef apparently refused to omit an ingredient, so they brought her an extra plate so she could scrape it off herself), no ordering sides that are already listed on the menu as part of a main (Lil' Miss dstan went hungry - no high chairs, either), oh, and even if you tell them about your carrot allergy, you can expect that they'll bring your dish out with shredded carrots on it (they at least comped our entrees for that one). Waitress spent entire time apologizing to customers about the chef's inflexibility.

Food was actually great, but that sort of attitude wouldn't fly in NYC.
dstanhotelreview

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.