Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt San Francisco REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt San Francisco REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb, Hilton Diamond
Currently at the GH SFO and for some reason the hotel doesn't have lunch available for room service. I've never seen a hotel not have room service during the day. I feel bad for wasting a DSU at this property.

I love how they make it so easy to order room service, through any device etc but room server is basically never open haha.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 3:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Sohan
Currently at the GH SFO and for some reason the hotel doesn't have lunch available for room service.
Consider yourself lucky. The room service we got here was terrible.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 9:13 pm

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
I've been looking everywhere possible for this information but I can't seem to find it on FLyertalk or elsewhere. I was wondering if anyone had experience trying booking a family of 4 into the GH SFO and using a DSU? I made a reservation to a double room on cash and points and tried to apply a DSU and although there are Executive Suites available I was told by the Hyatt GP line that the suite only has a King Bed and can therefore only accomodate 2 people. Is this correct? Is there a pull-out sofa? My wife and I have a four year old and an infant who would go in a crib.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by gspurr
I've been looking everywhere possible for this information but I can't seem to find it on FLyertalk or elsewhere. I was wondering if anyone had experience trying booking a family of 4 into the GH SFO and using a DSU? I made a reservation to a double room on cash and points and tried to apply a DSU and although there are Executive Suites available I was told by the Hyatt GP line that the suite only has a King Bed and can therefore only accomodate 2 people. Is this correct? Is there a pull-out sofa? My wife and I have a four year old and an infant who would go in a crib.
Call the hotel direct. The crib should be able to go into your room and a rollaway into the parlor. Not something that can be done online or through Hyatt Central Reservations.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 6:54 am

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Call the hotel direct. The crib should be able to go into your room and a rollaway into the parlor. Not something that can be done online or through Hyatt Central Reservations.
Thanks for the advice. So this won't be a problem if the room has maximum occupancy designated as 2? I was thinking of just booking for two adults, applying the DSU and then contactiing the hotel later to have a puttlout and crib added and have two kids added to the reservation. Has anyone out there stayed on a DSU with more than 2 at this hotel? Thanks.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 8:45 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by gspurr
Thanks for the advice. So this won't be a problem if the room has maximum occupancy designated as 2? I was thinking of just booking for two adults, applying the DSU and then contactiing the hotel later to have a puttlout and crib added and have two kids added to the reservation. Has anyone out there stayed on a DSU with more than 2 at this hotel? Thanks.
I haven't stayed with 4 myself, but I would find it absurd if they didn't let you. The suites are literally two connecting rooms with two bathrooms. There has to be a way to fit a rollaway in the parlor room as mentioned above.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 1:01 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by SFOPhD
I haven't stayed with 4 myself, but I would find it absurd if they didn't let you. The suites are literally two connecting rooms with two bathrooms. There has to be a way to fit a rollaway in the parlor room as mentioned above.
When you click on the room amenities for the baby suite - it specifically shows rollaway as an option one can request.

Regards.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 5:46 pm

Can't speak to babies, but we were definitively told NO when we tried to use a DSU to upgrade for two adults and two kids (ages 4 and 6) at the Grand Hyatt in SF. Max occupancy of 2 - only king rooms and no room for a roll-away. So we're staying in a standard double room. Seems crazy that the larger room has lower occupancy, but whatever. For what it's worth, the in house reservations team is actually pretty good if you call - they saved us $$$ and points by re-booking us, but not willing to bend the rules.

We're having an even worse problem with Asian properties - max occupancy seems to be 3 for any room, forcing us to get two rooms. We generally would just show up with a reservation for just one room and all squeeze in, but have been advised that a strategy such as that could cause problems in Asia if you are caught.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by newaroundhere
Can't speak to babies, but we were definitively told NO when we tried to use a DSU to upgrade for two adults and two kids (ages 4 and 6) at the Grand Hyatt in SF. Max occupancy of 2 - only king rooms and no room for a roll-away. So we're staying in a standard double room. Seems crazy that the larger room has lower occupancy, but whatever. For what it's worth, the in house reservations team is actually pretty good if you call - they saved us $$$ and points by re-booking us, but not willing to bend the rules.

We're having an even worse problem with Asian properties - max occupancy seems to be 3 for any room, forcing us to get two rooms. We generally would just show up with a reservation for just one room and all squeeze in, but have been advised that a strategy such as that could cause problems in Asia if you are caught.
Just call the hotel directly. The parlor WILL accommodate a rollaway and may even have a sofabed in it already. Properties outside the U.S. have much more stringent rules due to fire codes and generally smaller rooms.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 9:53 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by newaroundhere

I was allowed to book into the executive suite with two adults and infant (requested crib). This was back in March of 2014 though, so may not be relevant anymore. We were further upgraded to one of the VIP suites at checkin, and at 1400 square feet it was plenty big enough for a rollaway or crib.
Old May 3, 2016, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Have a 4 night reservation at the HR SF coming up in about a month at $292/night (including taxes/fees) that already has a DSU applied. Using my Citi Prestige so the 4th night is free.

Just looking at Hyatt SF prices and it looks like for my dates the GH SF is actually now a little cheaper at $282.44/night and they are showing an "Executive Suite City View" available which I assume means I can apply a DSU. Is it worth making the switch?
Old May 3, 2016, 12:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Duke787
Have a 4 night reservation at the HR SF coming up in about a month at $292/night (including taxes/fees) that already has a DSU applied. Using my Citi Prestige so the 4th night is free.

Just looking at Hyatt SF prices and it looks like for my dates the GH SF is actually now a little cheaper at $282.44/night and they are showing an "Executive Suite City View" available which I assume means I can apply a DSU. Is it worth making the switch?
They are both equally flawed, though in different ways. I'd make that choice based on location - do you want to be on the Embarcadero or at Union Square? How important is it that you be near BART (if important, HR the better choice).
Old May 3, 2016, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
They are both equally flawed, though in different ways. I'd make that choice based on location - do you want to be on the Embarcadero or at Union Square? How important is it that you be near BART (if important, HR the better choice).
Which property would you recommend for a Diamond member? Location does not matter.
Old May 3, 2016, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
Okay cool thanks! We've stayed at the HR a couple of times and like the area (and being near BART is nice especially in getting to/from the airport). Seems like it for what amounts to a total of ~$30 it isn't worth it for us to switch over to the GH (unless the price drops further).
Old May 3, 2016, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Which property would you recommend for a Diamond member? Location does not matter.
Food selections in the club are better at the HR (despite the recent sighting of a rat). That club is also MUCH larger than that at the GH, which can get so overcrowded that no seats are available. Rooms at the GH on the club floors are nicer than those at the HR. Some rooms/suites at the HR do have fairly large balconies, however. It's really just a tossup. I think there is remodeling going on at the HR. We usually stay at the GH just because of location.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.