Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt San Francisco REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt San Francisco REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2016, 1:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
At this club, the main purpose is to satisfy the breakfast benefit. Which this hotel is in my opinion not doing, because in many instances you cannot take breakfast in the lounge due to no seats available.
Get there at 6:30am or ask for service in the restaurant as a consolation.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 2:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Get there at 6:30am or ask for service in the restaurant as a consolation.
So it's the guest's fault if there's nowhere to sit in the lounge during normal breakfast hours???

You score a double
Old Jan 19, 2016, 3:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
So it's the guest's fault if there's nowhere to sit in the lounge during normal breakfast hours???

You score a double
Get there early or deal with it dude. What, you want the hotel to build a new lounge next month, aint gonna happen. So while everyone can complain, ya, i get it, its too small for capacity. But the reality is what it is. Maybe it changes in a year or 2 when they expand or remodel.

For now, i think we have enough posts on "it sucks that the club lounge is crowded and over capacity". Yup, got it. But when I was there, I "dealt" with it by getting to the club early because its reality. Ask the hotel for restaurant credit to compensate if this solution is not workable for you and report back.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Gee I wish Hyatt would open a Park Hyatt in San Francisco
Old Jan 19, 2016, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
At this club, the main purpose is to satisfy the breakfast benefit. Which this hotel is in my opinion not doing, because in many instances you cannot take breakfast in the lounge due to no seats available.
I always get a survey to complete after I stay at a Hyatt. I hope everyone is mentioning this problem on their surveys.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 7:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
HUH Where did you hear that... If this were the case more Hyatt's would have club levels. FYI as a former Hyatt employee I know this is not the purpose of of the club.

Also, I prefer hotels with out clubs as a hot breakfast in the restaurant is of higher quality and more enjoyable. The club breakfast offerings at this hotel and Hyatt Regency SF are poor.

[QUOTE=PortlySpartacus;26042316]
Originally Posted by JIMCHI

I think the purpose of the club is a space to provide 'exclusive' Diamond member guests a place to hang out. I don't agree that there should be more rules to stipulate what you can and cannot do in the club. The point has been made....the club at this hotel is too small for the size of the hotel.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
[QUOTE=Radiant Flyer;26046397]HUH Where did you hear that... If this were the case more Hyatt's would have club levels. FYI as a former Hyatt employee I know this is not the purpose of of the club.

Also, I prefer hotels with out clubs as a hot breakfast in the restaurant is of higher quality and more enjoyable. The club breakfast offerings at this hotel and Hyatt Regency SF are poor.

Just to be sure, I'm NOT the one who seemed to be quoted above. I think the Clubs should be for whose who want a calm evening snack/light dinner/cocktails or beer for maybe 30 to 45 minutes, not for those who want to camp themselves in a club and watch a prolonged game on TV (at usually loud levels) to the exclusion and annoyance of others. Again, want to watch a game, do it in your room or in a bar with a TV. The club is not for boorish, loud people (and sometimes their ill mannered children) who are concerned only with their own self-satisfaction to the annoyance of others and taking up seats for prolonged periods when others would like to be seated.

Last edited by JIMCHI; Jan 19, 2016 at 9:39 pm
Old Jan 22, 2016, 4:53 am

Programs: Spg gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Is this hotel as crowded on the weekends as it is during the week? I've read the last several pages about how mobbed the lounge is. Looking at either here on P&C or either of the other 2 Hyatts points only. We don't have to be anywhere in particular in the city, this is just for pleasure. Thank you.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 7:53 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by Travellingwithbaby
Is this hotel as crowded on the weekends as it is during the week? I've read the last several pages about how mobbed the lounge is. Looking at either here on P&C or either of the other 2 Hyatts points only. We don't have to be anywhere in particular in the city, this is just for pleasure. Thank you.
Its usually busier (in my opinion) on the weekend - mostly because there's a bunch of snotty nosed children running around. The weekdays are usually not as bad and are more civilized.

With that said, I've stayed at this hotel dozens and dozens of times and never had an issue finding a place to seat 2 people - likely its not going to be on the windows if you show up at 830, but you can still sit and eat. The person above suggesting they had to turn tail and go back to their room cause there wasnt any seats constantly is a bit of a stretch.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by austin_modern
Its usually busier (in my opinion) on the weekend - mostly because there's a bunch of snotty nosed children running around. The weekdays are usually not as bad and are more civilized....

Thanks for the insight! Guess I'll have to think about it a little more...
Old Jan 22, 2016, 12:39 pm

Thanks for the insight! Guess I'll have to think about it a little more...
By the way, I just saw your screen name. My reply wasn't meant as a slight towards you. on weekends some rich diamonds do let their kids run afoul in the club often.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by austin_modern
By the way, I just saw your screen name. My reply wasn't meant as a slight towards you. on weekends some rich diamonds do let their kids run afoul in the club often.
LOL. I didn't take too much offense. My 5 year old is very spoiled going to Club Lounges and staying in nice places, but I've tried to teach her how to behave on airplanes and in hotels. She's my little mini-me traveler. I think she believes it's normal. I'll post back if I end up staying here in June or the HR.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 9:54 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
Gee I wish Hyatt would open a Park Hyatt in San Francisco
Fingernails on a chalkboard to one of our moderators...

Back to regular programming - I find the lounge to be very different between weekdays and weekends during the school year.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 9:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
LOL. I didn't take too much offense. My 5 year old is very spoiled going to Club Lounges and staying in nice places, but I've tried to teach her how to behave on airplanes and in hotels. She's my little mini-me traveler. I think she believes it's normal. I'll post back if I end up staying here in June or the HR.
I don't believe any of the negative comments are directed towards well behaving guests. It's towards ill-behaving guests, regardless of age. I'd much rather have good mannered 5 year olds (and admire them) than shrieking adults running amok.

To echo, more full service properties - PH, Andaz or more H/GH/HRs - in the bay area would be most welcome. The valley, quite surprisingly, has only 1 property - the HR. By the area, I mean the SF/SJC/OAK area.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by pWei
To echo, more full service properties - PH, Andaz or more H/GH/HRs - in the bay area would be most welcome. The valley, quite surprisingly, has only 1 property - the HR. By the area, I mean the SF/SJC/OAK area.
It has 2 HRs (SFO and HRSC)... unless Im misreading what you're saying.

And - yes, I look forward to the new SFO property and would love to see a PH or Andaz in the city.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.