Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt San Francisco REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt San Francisco REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2024, 6:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Is that actually the least desirable view? Wow, had no idea - they offered something called a city view on the 20th, as well, which I thought had to be worse.
Well you're right, the 20th floor city view is mostly the buildings across the street and it is worse. But the prime view is the bay view from the north side of the building (i.e., same view as the lounge). In over a dozen stays over the years they have never been willing to give me one of those rooms.
bbbb and ElevatorEnthusiast like this.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
So as Globalist, they gave you a connecting King on the 24th floor with the least desirable view. Pretty much par for the course at the property, and has been for many years.
EE checked in at 10am, so not totally fair to judge the options. But you're probably right that it's par for the course.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 9:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver
Well you're right, the 20th floor city view is mostly the buildings across the street and it is worse. But the prime view is the bay view from the north side of the building (i.e., same view as the lounge). In over a dozen stays over the years they have never been willing to give me one of those rooms.
I stayed here last year when I was still an Explorist and I was given the choice of either a bay view room on the 26th floor or a union square room on the 30-something floor. I chose the bay view room and the layout was exactly like the other poster, but with a bay view.

That side of the building is short a room because of the staircase that takes up one of the corners. It’s also possible that only the corner room is a king bed room since the room that connected to my room was a 2 queen room and the last bay view room is the same layout. And the lounge takes away another floor for that room, so I think there’s just not as many of them available compared to other rooms.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 8:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by alphade
That side of the building is short a room because of the staircase that takes up one of the corners. It’s also possible that only the corner room is a king bed room since the room that connected to my room was a 2 queen room and the last bay view room is the same layout. And the lounge takes away another floor for that room, so I think there’s just not as many of them available compared to other rooms.
Lol, I stayed here several times after they reopened during the pandemic when occupancy was in the dozens and they still wouldn't give me a bay view. They offered only paid upgrades.

As previously noted I've stayed here over a dozen times and the experience has been 100% consistent in terms of refusing a decent upgrade.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 6:43 pm

I must be a masochist because I came back to stay at this dump. Joke of a globalist treatment, awful breakfast, how about two bottles of water at the front desk if you ask really nicely?

But my question to "regulars" of the hotel: Are there any rooms where you don't hear every word of your neighbor? No joke, I've never stayed at a hotel with worse soundproofing (and I travel for work). I'm thinking my room/floor must be an exception, no way this is acceptable throughout the hotel. FWIW I'm on the 34th floor, Bay View.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 11:42 am

Lol, I stayed here several times after they reopened during the pandemic when occupancy was in the dozens and they still wouldn't give me a bay view. They offered only paid upgrades.

As previously noted I've stayed here over a dozen times and the experience has been 100% consistent in terms of refusing a decent upgrade.
1000% agree, this property does not care at all about elites. Even as globalist when standard suites are showing they refuse to upgrade. And yes its pretty much only paid upgrades if you want anything beyond some fake upgrade.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 6:43 pm

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
Originally Posted by aceofhz
I must be a masochist because I came back to stay at this dump. Joke of a globalist treatment, awful breakfast, how about two bottles of water at the front desk if you ask really nicely?

But my question to "regulars" of the hotel: Are there any rooms where you don't hear every word of your neighbor? No joke, I've never stayed at a hotel with worse soundproofing (and I travel for work). I'm thinking my room/floor must be an exception, no way this is acceptable throughout the hotel. FWIW I'm on the 34th floor, Bay View.
Yes, they ignore us Globalists, and not even a thank you at check in. Sigh. I have had luck applying a suite upgrade and suite 2812 only has elevator noice. The lock off door to the adjoining room has been reinforced with cheap soundproofing but it works.
Old Yesterday, 9:21 am

I wasn't going to give this property any more of my business, but with the recent buy 2 get 1 night free deal it comes out to around $120 per night. Hard to pass that up when the Hyatt Regency wants $300-400 for the same dates. Sadly you only get 2 EQN with the deal, but good enough for a weekend staycation.
Old Yesterday, 10:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by olouie
but with the recent buy 2 get 1 night free deal
Is this available more broadly, or just specific to GH SF?
Old Yesterday, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by econ
I've seen other properties have similar deal but its often not a very good price so you just have to look around.
Old Yesterday, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Curious since when have stay x nights, get the x+1 night free hasn’t credited EQN? Has it always been this way and I had somehow missed it?
Old Yesterday, 12:30 pm

Hyatt Privé has a lot of properties with free night offers. But for the rest of them, you usually do not know there is an offer unless your dates and length of stay just happen to be at the same time an offer is going on.

I looked into it for a bit and noticed it was mostly for April and May weekend dates. These are from a month ago so the rates may have changed or the dates have already passed.

Old Yesterday, 12:33 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
Curious since when have stay x nights, get the x+1 night free hasn’t credited EQN? Has it always been this way and I had somehow missed it?
I had a Buy 2, Get 1 Free at Grand Hyatt Seoul, and the 3rd EQN did not credit - as I expected.
Old Yesterday, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
I had a Buy 2, Get 1 Free at Grand Hyatt Seoul, and the 3rd EQN did not credit - as I expected.
It's been several years since I've been on one of these types of rates at a Hyatt, but that has been my experience as well. EQN did not credit on the additional "free" night.
Old Yesterday, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
It's been several years since I've been on one of these types of rates at a Hyatt, but that has been my experience as well. EQN did not credit on the additional "free" night.
Interesting. On one hand, I guess that makes sense that a free night does not earn points/EQN. Though on the other hand, the way the pricing is displayed is that they average out the nightly rates, so it does feel you are paying for every night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.