Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt San Francisco REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt San Francisco REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:58 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Right across the street at the Sutter-Stockton Garage. It's city run. It doesn't seem a whole lot cheaper, however, at $36 for 24 hours, but less if you don't park that long and less on Sundays.

http://www.sfmta.com/getting-around/...tockton-garage
Thanks for the pointer here... for overnight parking it was pretty cheap in comparison... worked for me.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 12:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Did 3 nights here earlier this week and I have to say that I was pretty impressed ... Some of the reviews further upstream had my expectations low, but I will be happy to return to GH SF. I thought it was generally clean, modern, and well-managed. The aforementioned David and others run a welcoming, efficient club. Nice views from there, and nice views from the fitness center on the 35th (top) floor. Hotels are not cheap in SF and hotel taxes are plentiful, but at $310ai mid-week I felt that it was good value for money, at least SF style. Great location; I was happy with walking and BART to SFO was as simple as could be.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 12:30 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Did 3 nights here earlier this week and I have to say that I was pretty impressed ... Some of the reviews further upstream had my expectations low, but I will be happy to return to GH SF. I thought it was generally clean, modern, and well-managed. The aforementioned David and others run a welcoming, efficient club. Nice views from there, and nice views from the fitness center on the 35th (top) floor. Hotels are not cheap in SF and hotel taxes are plentiful, but at $310ai mid-week I felt that it was good value for money, at least SF style. Great location; I was happy with walking and BART to SFO was as simple as could be.
I read Biggie Fries comments from August, and also a number of posts upthread from earlier this year. Can anyone confirm that there has been a change in the evening food offerings in the lounge? If so, can you provide specifics?

Personally, I'm not too keen on having a light dinner that consists of corn dogs or pizza sticks. I'll be staying at the hotel for 5 days at the end of this month for a series of trainings nearby, and don't really think I'll have the energy to go out for dinner some evenings.

It sounds like breakfast in the lounge is decent but the posts that I could find described a culinary wasteland in the evening. Has this changed?
Old Oct 11, 2014, 8:29 pm

I just checked out of this property on Friday, and found the evening offerings to be better than expected.

The one night I stuck around to check out the offerings, they had dungeness crab cake, some cheese canapes, and a light salad. Put together with the pastries at 7pm, definitely enough for a light dinner.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 9:51 am

Programs: United 1K 1MM; Alaska MVP100K; WOH Globalist; Bonvoy LT Platinum; HH Gold
I stayed 3 nights a 2 weekends ago. First night the hot dish was fish. Second night the hot dish was pork sliders. Third night hot dish was chicken legs.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 3:13 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Thanks for the updated lounge offering information, thekaica and carmy. Much appreciated!
Old Oct 18, 2014, 2:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The lounge was completely overwhelmed this morning, multiple parties standing around with plates of food and literally nowhere to sit. We took ours back to the room.

The lounge is just ridiculously small given the size of the hotel. I felt it was debatable whether the property fulfilled the breakfast obligation this morning. Surely they know they are granting lounge access in excess of capacity.

I did like the room. Much nicer than the HR Embarcadero. Although the complaints upthread about poor bathroom door design are right on - if you turn on the light in the bathroom, even with door closed, it lights up the whole room.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 10:33 pm

Programs: Delta Plat IHG Dia, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Global Entry, TSA ✓
Stayed for one night (Oct 17-18). Liked the room
but for doorman, reception staff keep your expectation low.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:32 am

Can anyone comment upon if this is a reasonably quiet hotel? Considering this hotel instead of the two starwood options I have narrowed it down to (Le Meridien or Westin Market), but some recent tripadvisor reviews are reporting some nearby construction.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:34 am

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 2015 at 10:14 pm
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by angatol
I think they issue ear plugs on lower floors.
Ouch. Thanks for the info.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:41 am

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 2015 at 5:27 pm
Old Oct 20, 2014, 12:20 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by heakja
Can anyone comment upon if this is a reasonably quiet hotel? Considering this hotel instead of the two starwood options I have narrowed it down to (Le Meridien or Westin Market), but some recent tripadvisor reviews are reporting some nearby construction.
Yes there is quite a bit of construction nearby. Although that can be a problem throughout downtown San Francisco these days.

On the plus side, there was no hallway noise on my recent stay.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
There are 4 sides to this hotel. The east side is most affected by noise at night, such as firetrucks. The construction noise is only during the day and would affect the east and south sides. Just ask for a high floor facing north or west.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
There are 4 sides to this hotel. The east side is most affected by noise at night, such as firetrucks. The construction noise is only during the day and would affect the east and south sides. Just ask for a high floor facing north or west.
There is more construction in the area than just the new muni line on Stockton. We were on 31 west-facing this weekend and there was heavy construction noise beginning at 8 a.m. Saturday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.