Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt San Francisco REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt San Francisco REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2014, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, IC Plat AMB
Stayed a couple of nights in late February. Outstanding room, club and service. Those FT members who remember James Kaikis from HR Waikiki, have a friend at this hotel.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by NewMexFlyer
Stayed a couple of nights in late February. Outstanding room, club and service. Those FT members who remember James Kaikis from HR Waikiki, have a friend at this hotel.
Yup, he's there now, and he's great. I have 2 reservations coming up and he's already taken care of me.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 8:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
I'm staying at this hotel this weekend and a few days before my arrival I receive an email from the hotel welcoming me back and confirming a suite upgrade in the club level. Very pleasant exchange... adds a nice touch to the Grand Hyatt SF experience.

I stayed here last weekend and definitely notice an improvement in customer service... wish more Hyatt's were like this. Nice to finally have a "Grand" Hyatt in SF.

The Hospitality in the Club is 5 stars although the food needs improvement, the pizza sticks or what ever they are were borderline disgusting. But... the food in One Up is wonderful, the ribs a must try!!!

Last edited by Radiant Flyer; Mar 7, 2014 at 9:02 pm
Old Mar 7, 2014, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by LASUA1K
Yup, he's there now, and he's great. I have 2 reservations coming up and he's already taken care of me.
What position does he hold at the Grand Hyatt ?
Old Mar 8, 2014, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
I'm staying at this hotel this weekend and a few days before my arrival I receive an email from the hotel welcoming me back and confirming a suite upgrade in the club level. Very pleasant exchange... adds a nice touch to the Grand Hyatt SF experience.

I stayed here last weekend and definitely notice an improvement in customer service... wish more Hyatt's were like this. Nice to finally have a "Grand" Hyatt in SF.

The Hospitality in the Club is 5 stars although the food needs improvement, the pizza sticks or what ever they are were borderline disgusting. But... the food in One Up is wonderful, the ribs a must try!!!
Was this a complimentary upgrade or did you use a suite upgrade cert? How many times have you stayed with them in the past?
Old Mar 9, 2014, 9:06 am

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 12:13 am
Old Mar 9, 2014, 11:34 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Why try to have "dinner" in the club when there are so many amazing restaurants in SF?
Old Mar 9, 2014, 11:41 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Because people are cheap?
Old Mar 9, 2014, 2:00 pm

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 2:14 am
Old Mar 9, 2014, 2:11 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

But what's the difference then in going to the lounge or the hotel restaurant, or even room service. The lounge is likely to give you the worst food.... Unless you get room service there, something most hotels will also do without a problem.

This is about people expecting a full dinner in the lounge (for free).
Old Mar 9, 2014, 2:32 pm

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 2015 at 5:04 pm
Old Mar 9, 2014, 11:46 pm
Suspended

complementary, stay off and on through out the year, but I've been upgraded to suites on 70% of all my Hyatt stays the past few years. Rarely do I use my Diamond Suite upgrades.

Originally Posted by pickles1107
Was this a complimentary upgrade or did you use a suite upgrade cert? How many times have you stayed with them in the past?
Old Mar 10, 2014, 12:10 am
Suspended

Even for a snack the food offerings is pretty bad in the Grand Club, it used to be much better.

I've stayed at the JW Marriott Marquis and the Ritz a few blocks away. The Marriott has some outstanding food and beverage offerings beats any domestic Hyatt Club, The Ritz... well it's the best Hotel Club in the city, they even have special wine tastings^^^.

The lounge downstairs "One Up" has a happy hour 5 - 7, $4 Canvus Wines, the Pinot is decent. Only food item on the Happy Hour is the pizza, it's ok, but I do love the ribs and fries, the burger is pricy but delicious.

Originally Posted by angatol
I've found the club food pretty meagre here and prefer to stay at the regency where it's much better. I get the feeling at the GH that they definitely don't want people substituting a visit to the restaurant by a visit to the club...

Last edited by Radiant Flyer; Mar 10, 2014 at 12:18 am
Old Mar 10, 2014, 2:12 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by angatol
If you wish.
What's your problem (apart from being from home too long and not eating right)?
There was a post complaining about the crappy offerings in a lounge, that's it wasn't a decent dinner and then someone asking why people would have dinner in the lounge.

If the quality in the lounge (in a US property) is enough for you as a decent dinner, good for you. But most people prefer something a little (or a lot) better for their evening meal. It might be decent enough as a snack with a drink, but even that is pushing it.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 2:40 am

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 2015 at 11:13 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.