Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Mexico City REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Mexico City REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2015, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Any updates on this property? Pool, spa, and other facilities still "closed for renovation".
Old Nov 23, 2015, 7:14 pm

Programs: okay
Also interested...

what else is included in the lounge? Any idea who the GM or manager is there?
Old Feb 6, 2016, 10:15 pm

Booked for a one night stay in a few weeks.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 9:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist,
Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
Booked for a one night stay in a few weeks.
Any recent stayers?
Booked a room for long weekend ahead. Could not get a DSU, but did book kinda late too.

Anyone knows the best way to go from Airport. I have tons of time (arriving 7am), so wondering if subway is feasible?
Old Mar 1, 2016, 3:40 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by siliconflyer
Any recent stayers?
Booked a room for long weekend ahead. Could not get a DSU, but did book kinda late too.

Anyone knows the best way to go from Airport. I have tons of time (arriving 7am), so wondering if subway is feasible?
I am booked there this weekend, DSU confirmed for 2 rooms.

Subway is definitely feasible, but with a 7am arrival after clearing customs and immigration, you will be just in time for the morning rush on the subway. Cars are extremely crowded. I would not recommend taking the subway if you have more than one small carry-on suitcase. If you do take the subway, it is really easy from the airport and drops you off right by the hotel (metro stop Auditorio).
Old Mar 1, 2016, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by siliconflyer
Any recent stayers?

I took an Uber. I had an equally early arrival and the hotel checked me right in without batting an eye. Great property. On Saturdays there is a street food area in the park that is just amazing. The hotel lets diamonds take breakfast either in the lounge or downstairs. I highly recommend the restaurant. This is probably my favorite HR that I've stayed at yet. I really enjoyed it.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 4:38 pm

Any reviews on this hotel? I'm thinking of spending one of my free nights here as I'll be in Mexico City in a couple of weeks and wondering if it's worth using one of those nights...
Old Mar 20, 2016, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by kthpence
Any reviews on this hotel? I'm thinking of spending one of my free nights here as I'll be in Mexico City in a couple of weeks and wondering if it's worth using one of those nights...
Yes, it's a spectacular property.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Baby61212
I am booked there this weekend, DSU confirmed for 2 rooms.

Subway is definitely feasible, but with a 7am arrival after clearing customs and immigration, you will be just in time for the morning rush on the subway. Cars are extremely crowded. I would not recommend taking the subway if you have more than one small carry-on suitcase. If you do take the subway, it is really easy from the airport and drops you off right by the hotel (metro stop Auditorio).
Do you need to change subway lines? On Google maps it looks like at least 2 lines.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 3:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I'm quite interested as well. I'm assuming there are a number of us that will be overnighting in MEX over the next 12 months...

AeroMexico Mileage Run
Old Sep 2, 2016, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by jameswes
I'm quite interested as well. I'm assuming there are a number of us that will be overnighting in MEX over the next 12 months...

AeroMexico Mileage Run
Honestly, I wouldn't take the metro. I'd just go w/ an uberX for what I think cost me $10USD, perhaps less, from the airport to the Hyatt last April.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by kthpence
Honestly, I wouldn't take the metro. I'd just go w/ an uberX for what I think cost me $10USD, perhaps less, from the airport to the Hyatt last April.
Nice! Last time I went Uber wasn't operating at the airport for some reason. But I did love taking it around the city.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 9:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Hyatt Regency Mexico City Review

Just stayed several days at the Hyatt Regency Mexico City, so I'll give a report.

Room: Checked in around 7 pm (as Hyatt Diamond) and was given a "park view" room on the 34th floor, which is about ten floors from the top floor. I wasn't initially very impressed with the room when I walked in-- the carpet was tattered in a few places and the room seemed small and sort of unusually designed for a Hyatt. However once I figured out that the room was decorated in a subtle Japanese style (the hotel used to be a Nikko, which is a Japanese brand) the room design started to make more sense (I would suggest that the rooms could use a small refresher of some of the fabrics just to make them seem less like an old hotel that has just been rebranded). The bathrooms, though small, are high quality with marble sink tops and a bathtub. The good thing about Japanese-designed hotel rooms is that they have better flow than American ones-- everything is in its place and is usually pretty good quality, without awkward corners or unnecessary frills.

Unfortunately when I went to shower I noticed there was lots of hair in the grout of the bathtub. It was too late to move, so I ended up switching to a new room the next day. The new room had a clean tub and the carpet was in better condition than the first room, but otherwise the new room was identical to the first one.

The bed was harder than an American bed, but that may be a thing in Mexico and not specific to this Hyatt.

Regency Club: The Regency Club has delicious food, attentive service, and good drink menu. The style of the lounge seems left over from the Nikko, so it's plain but functional and the windows have gorgeous views. Each night has a different culinary theme; I kind of wished they had just stuck with the Mexican theme because the Mexican food they served one night was amazing. The other nights' food was also good but not as great as the Mexican night.

Breakfast: Diamonds can eat downstairs in the restaurant or in the Club. I tried both; the downstairs buffet is a bit more extensive than the Club breakfast, and it's nice to sit down there in the nice atrium with the fancy new marble tables and chic couches. They don't tell you this at check-in, but I found out that the buffet price includes a ten percent tip for service. Breakfast charges were taken off my bill at checkout.

Transport: There are services just outside the baggage claim at the airport that will take you to the hotel for $15 USD. Very professional service. Uber from the hotel to the airport was only $7.

Location: The location next to the park is great. You can walk for a mile and back along the tree-covered avenue through the park. There are some good high-end smart-casual restaurants right across from the hotel. For more exciting nightlife you'd probably want to go to one of the nearby neighborhoods that has more in the way of bars.

Gym: The gym is great, better than a typical Hyatt Regency gym. There's a small pool under an atrium, with an outdoor area next to it. The gym has lots of machines and weights and looks out onto the pool. There's a sauna and steam room. I had a massage in the spa; it was a pretty good massage for a hotel spa, not the highest level of technique but was still good and relaxing. The massage room was very nice with good aromatherapy and a private shower/bathroom next to it for changing.

All in all it was a good stay. For a special occasion you'd probably want to try for a suite, since the regular rooms are pretty plain and businesslike.

Last edited by Katlor; Sep 13, 2016 at 9:17 pm Reason: add a few things I forgot
Old Jan 26, 2017, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt LT Global Elitist, Bonvyoed LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Why does the Hyatt Regency Mexico City (and other Hyatt's in Mexico) charge in USD and not Pesos??
Old Jan 26, 2017, 5:12 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by roder
Why does the Hyatt Regency Mexico City (and other Hyatt's in Mexico) charge in USD and not Pesos??
In case you haven't noticed, the US$ is a much more stable currency. Especially with the current political climate, you never know what the value of the MXP will be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.