Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Mexico City REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Mexico City REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2023, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does this hotel have a tennis court? Where is it?
Old Dec 15, 2023, 10:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
According to their description of ammenities and also customer reviews, they do indeed have a tennis court. I've been there and never went to the tennis courts so I'm unable to provide the location.

This is what is listed:

Room Service
Car Rental
24 hour front desk
Fitness Center
Restaurant
Coffee Maker
Refrigerator
Concierge
Hair Dryer
Swimming Pool - Indoor
Alarm Clock
Mini-Bar
ATM Machine
Tennis Court
Balcony
Non-Smoking Facility
Lounge/Bar
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 10:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Here's a video showing the Tennis Court (3 total) and a basketball court:

At the 4:40 mark:
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I can't remember the exact layout, but it is adjacent to the fitness center and swimming pool complex. I wanna say maybe outside the pool and then up the stairs? Iirc it never seemed used and almost seemed like it was closed/OOS, but I did manage to get onto it and run some laps/sprints along the court.

Probably best to contact the hotel directly.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 9:44 pm

Figured I've taken good tips from Flyertalk for a while and can contribute abit. Recently stayed here for the first time on points. Staff were nice and friendly for the most part. With global benefits, they just switched the room to club level and it was nice. Front desk also stated I could get breakfast down at the restaurant in the morning instead of the lounge. He also looked to his left and right and handed me some sheet that gave 15% off for the resultants, the spa, and apparently the tennis court. Didn't really end up using any of them since it wasn't a long stay. I used the lounge once at night and the food was edible and a nice break from greasy tacos. They also had complimentary beer, wine, and mixed drinks. Steam room and pool was nice and not overly crowded. The hotel overall is very business professional. Can feel uppity at times, but coming from LA, it didn't really bother me. I would stay here again if looking for a hotel in Polanco.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 10:20 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Aeroplan 25k, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Had a three-night stay here earlier this month. Two nights on points, one night cash. Staff were overall excellent, if a bit overly formal (not a complaint, just an observation). Am Explorist so had my daily water bottles (much needed!) but didn't get any kind of preferred room that I could tell (and didn't get a good sense of how high occupancy was). Excellent fitness center. Had the buffet breakfast in the restaurant one morning and for ~US$36 per person, very much worth it (included made-to-order omelets plus hot and cold buffet items). Spouse and I were there for our first ever visit to CDMX and found it a convenient base for spending probably half our time right there in Polanco and splitting the rest of our time wandering farther afield all on foot -- got as far as Soumaya museum in one direction and the Angel of Independence traffic circle in the other direction. Hope to try one of the other Hyatts on the next visit to CDMX so as to be based in a different neighborhood but that's no criticism of this hotel specifically.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by EJRofChicago
Had a three-night stay here earlier this month. Two nights on points, one night cash. Staff were overall excellent, if a bit overly formal (not a complaint, just an observation). Am Explorist so had my daily water bottles (much needed!) but didn't get any kind of preferred room that I could tell (and didn't get a good sense of how high occupancy was). Excellent fitness center. Had the buffet breakfast in the restaurant one morning and for ~US$36 per person, very much worth it (included made-to-order omelets plus hot and cold buffet items). Spouse and I were there for our first ever visit to CDMX and found it a convenient base for spending probably half our time right there in Polanco and splitting the rest of our time wandering farther afield all on foot -- got as far as Soumaya museum in one direction and the Angel of Independence traffic circle in the other direction. Hope to try one of the other Hyatts on the next visit to CDMX so as to be based in a different neighborhood but that's no criticism of this hotel specifically.
Unless you have something to do at the World's Trade Center, which is across the street from the other newer Hyatt Regency, I would pass on that one and maybe check out their other affiliated hotels. The other Hyatt is boring and far away from the best street food. But the metro bus stops in front of it.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 10:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Columbia Record & Tape Club Triple Diamond VIP
Review from April 2024

I’ve stayed here three times in the past few months. Traffic means that if you stay here, it’s a real schlep to other parts of the city, so think about what you want to do before reserving here.

I have a soft spot for this hotel because I love the building and it’s original, minimalist decor. The park view suites are spacious and very comfortable. While I’d prefer a location on Reforma, the views from higher floors here are lovely.

From my last few visits, I’ll list the highs and lows in case they’re of any use to others:

Highs:
- Decor and design, if you’re a fan of Japanese minimalism
​​​​​​- Views of Chapultapec Park
- A nice lounge, if that’s your thing
- A very good gym and small pool
- The sushi bar is outstanding;

Lows:
- Service isn’t what it was before the pandemic, no more club floor check-ins. Service wasn’t ever the real strength here, IMO
- While I’m usually able to reserve a suite with an upgrade certificate, on my last visit reception tried to tell me that there’s no late check out for globalists in suites. I had to talk to a few people before getting this fixed, but WTH? They claimed it’s only offered from regular rooms. I’d never heard this before. Kind of a deal breaker for me since I usually catch an evening flight back to Madrid.
- I think the Japanese restaurant (with the sushi bar) is one of the best in Mexico City, but it’s breathtakingly expensive by any standards. The other restaurants are mediocre IMO.

I hope this is of some use to others. Happy travels.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 11:58 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Thank you. I'll be there in a few weeks. Booked 5 nights using a SUA, my first time in Mexico City. For me, it sounds like the positives outweigh the negatives. Will be visiting museums, taking some tours--touristy things. From what I read on here, seemed like a better option for a first time visitor than the Andaz.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 3:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Columbia Record & Tape Club Triple Diamond VIP
Originally Posted by Steph58
Thank you. I'll be there in a few weeks. Booked 5 nights using a SUA, my first time in Mexico City. For me, it sounds like the positives outweigh the negatives. Will be visiting museums, taking some tours--touristy things. From what I read on here, seemed like a better option for a first time visitor than the Andaz.
You’ll have a great time and the hotel is perfectly located for that kind of trip. Don’t overlook the Museum of Modern Art! It’s about 20 minutes away from the hotel by foot and both the museum itself (the building) and the gardens are fantastic, no matter what’s in the galleries, Have fun!
Old Apr 18, 2024, 4:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Here's a video showing the Tennis Court (3 total) and a basketball court:
They’ve got pickleball courts up there now. Seem like they will rent you any tennis or pickleball gear that you need.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.