Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Mexico City REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Mexico City REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2022, 8:31 am

Suite tips?

We have a six day stay booked for Nov with a confirmed suite upgrade. Any tips on which floor and which side we should request (facing the park or polanco)
Old Dec 4, 2022, 7:18 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I really enjoyed my stay at the Hyatt Regency Mexico City and left it feeling like it was a fantastic use of 9,000 points. Here are my pros, cons, and photos:

Pros:
  • Was offered a suite upgrade if I waited (after I asked at check-in), but I took the Park View King on the 36th floor as it was ready at 11:30 AM
  • The room was modern with good amounts of storage space and a nice lounger near the window
  • The bed was overall good - just-right mattress and plush pillows - I slept well despite thin covers
  • Nice view towards the park and distant mountains (mysterious clouds or smoke at the peaks - ooooohhhh)
  • Nice and large shower with good pressure from the wand (rainfall head kind of weak)
  • Lots of outlets, including by the bed
  • Wi-Fi speedy and effective
  • Regency Club offering on the 40th floor was actually quite good
    • Tasty chocolate Madeleines in the afternoon
    • Evening service had wings and a few other dishes that I didn't try as I was full
    • Breakfast was quite good with really tasty eggs, chilaquiles, and delicious raisin cinnamon rolls
    • Lattes and other coffees served by servers at breakfast
  • Asked proactively about late checkout and no issue with 4 PM
  • Great Mitsubishi elevator system with indicators that light up with the arriving car upon pressing the call station
  • I really liked the Polanco area - fantastic to walk in and Fabiana's Pizza is a delicious treat (try the shrimp scampi pizza) with very friendly staff (I went twice)
Cons:
  • No Internet capabilities on the TV
  • Bed covers were a bit thin
Notes:
  • I think the 10th floor is actually the 6th floor.
  • I was asked if I wanted to provide a credit card for incidentals or settle up at checkout. Nice for accounting to not have an extraneous charge to keep track of as I usually don't have incidentals.
Overall, I would recommend the Hyatt Regency Mexico City.

Photos:

Old Dec 4, 2022, 8:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
[*]Nice view towards the park and distant mountains (mysterious clouds or smoke at the peaks - ooooohhhh)
That's an active volcano, Popocatepetl.

https://volcano.oregonstate.edu/popocatepetl
Old Dec 4, 2022, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
How do their raisin cinnamon rolls compare to the rolls you had in Seattle?

David
Old Dec 4, 2022, 8:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee

Today, it produced a large explosion and some areas in southern CDMX had some ash fallout.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 6:18 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Today, it produced a large explosion and some areas in southern CDMX had some ash fallout.
Ah, that must be why I caught this picture.

Originally Posted by DELee
How do their raisin cinnamon rolls compare to the rolls you had in Seattle?

David
They were better here - I had two.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 6:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Ah, that must be why I caught this picture.

They were better here - I had two.
That's a great photo 👍
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
I have the worst luck here as I tried to apply a TSU to no avail. I have also had to go back and forth with the property to get the proper night credit and charges on my folio. It is in a great location and I find the property to be relatively nice but it lacks polish from a staffing standpoint.

ElevatorEnthusiast I think that we just missed each other as I was on the 36th floor as well.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by saltytheseagull
I have the worst luck here as I tried to apply a TSU to no avail. I have also had to go back and forth with the property to get the proper night credit and charges on my folio. It is in a great location and I find the property to be relatively nice but it lacks polish from a staffing standpoint.

ElevatorEnthusiast I think that we just missed each other as I was on the 36th floor as well.
Ah, hopefully, my loud typing on FlyerTalk did not disturb you :-) I'm pretty sure suites here are usually on lower floors anyway (they told me at check-in that I could wait for a suite and that it would either be on the 10th or 39th floors) - as the 10th likely faces the tennis courts, I would rather have a nicer view than a larger space - also, see the report above of a 10th floor suite flooding.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 1:53 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
That toilet seat annoys me Elevator Enthusiast!, loll
Old Dec 17, 2022, 10:21 am
Original Member

Ah, hopefully, my loud typing on FlyerTalk did not disturb you :-) I'm pretty sure suites here are usually on lower floors anyway (they told me at check-in that I could wait for a suite and that it would either be on the 10th or 39th floors) - as the 10th likely faces the tennis courts, I would rather have a nicer view than a larger space - also, see the report above of a 10th floor suite flooding.
I was the victim of that horrible room. I have an upcoming trip planned in late Dec/early Jan and if given the option of a lower floor suite, will choose a high floor regular room instead. Don't gamble with a TSU here.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by TravisMT81
That toilet seat annoys me Elevator Enthusiast!, loll
Why does the toilet seat annoy you?

David
Old Dec 19, 2022, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by DELee
Why does the toilet seat annoy you?

David
I was wondering the same - out of all of the toilet seats I've experienced, I would say this one was non-annoying.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CLEguy
Interesting re: the Hyatt CC coding. We stayed here about a year ago and had the points code correctly without issue. Will be returning soon and can report back.
does anyone know the hours of the club lounge here? I won’t land until 730pm so not sure if the happy hour would have finished by then or not. Are there food and drink options to snack on midday here if I did a late checkout? Anyone have an idea on taxi cost from the airport? Or maybe I should take an Uber if it’s easier?
Old Jan 3, 2023, 8:06 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
does anyone know the hours of the club lounge here? I won’t land until 730pm so not sure if the happy hour would have finished by then or not. Are there food and drink options to snack on midday here if I did a late checkout? Anyone have an idea on taxi cost from the airport? Or maybe I should take an Uber if it’s easier?
You'll miss the evening snack/drink service (someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think 5-7pm for food, then 8pm for drinks?), but there are several excellent places nearby for a reasonably priced meal and a drink (I loved Cafe Toscano, El Grifo Gourmet and Saks Polanco). They also have several restaurants in the lobby (didn't try, muy expensive). A taxi will run you $25-30 (pre-paid, fixed rate), but an Uber will cost US$10 or so (unless surging). The app will ask you to pick a door away from the taxi stands. Door 7 in Terminal 1 was not crowded and it was easy to find my Uber driver. Door 8 has the taxis.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.