Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Mexico City REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Mexico City REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by MisterSelfish
Booked a suite 5 months ago for 4 nights in February for a trip with the wife and our two young kids (< 6 months, 3 year old) in February.

To anyone who has traveled to this property recently, did the surrounding area sustain much earthquake damage? Just trying to figure out whether we should cancel the trip or not.
I don't believe Polanco sustained much damage during the earthquake. Looks like it was mostly in Condesa and La Roma, which is terrible because those are two of the best areas in town. I wouldn't cancel your trip - Mexico City is incredible and now more than ever they need tourism.

Please still go and enjoy the hotel! I stayed there in April 2016 and it was quite nice.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond, HHonors: Diamond, SPG: Gold
Originally Posted by kthpence
I don't believe Polanco sustained much damage during the earthquake. Looks like it was mostly in Condesa and La Roma, which is terrible because those are two of the best areas in town. I wouldn't cancel your trip - Mexico City is incredible and now more than ever they need tourism.

Please still go and enjoy the hotel! I stayed there in April 2016 and it was quite nice.
Thanks for weighing in! Now just to figure out whether all of the kid friendly attractions are ok. After spending 2 weeks inside thanks to insane smoke and fire in the Bay Area I found out just how important getting outside is for my two < 3 year olds.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 11:40 pm

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Is alcohol still free flowing from 1 PM - 11 PM at club lounge? Hopefully this hotel hasn't gone the likes of the US Hyatts and charge for drinks.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler
Is alcohol still free flowing from 1 PM - 11 PM at club lounge? Hopefully this hotel hasn't gone the likes of the US Hyatts and charge for drinks.
They don't charge, but you have to wait for them to serve you and it was not always easy to find someone (they were often hiding in the kitchen).
Old Feb 4, 2018, 4:07 pm

Awesome family hotel

Just got back from a 5 night trip I booked with points as an Explorist with my wife and two kids and was really, really impressed by the hotel. While the Hyatt Regency seems to primarily cater to business travelers, it was perfect for our family of 4! Since we were traveling for my daughter's birthday (she hit 3 while there) I emailed the hotel's GM to see if the hotel could do anything special for her - and boy did they deliver.

PROS
- We were upgraded from the standard suite to the Business Executive Suite on the top floor, which was amazing since it was basically 3BR/1.5 Baths, which was useful with two small children.
- The staff really shone at this property. When we arrived they had gifts (pushies) for the kids and had even baked a dozen shortbread cookies covered with sprinkles, her favorite. The morning of her birthday they brought in a trolly with a tres-leche cake topped with macaroons. Everyone was extremely friendly and wished her happy birthday - not sure how they knew, but given that I only ever saw 8+ other kids, that probably helped.
- Lounge was excellent. Not Asia-good, but still a decent spread and good snacks. Wish I could have taken advantage of the alcohol, but again... two small children.
- Location was awesome for children. A 5 minute walk to arguably the best playground in the city Polanco. Super close to the Zoo and tons of children's museums at the Chapultepec Park.
- Tons of good eats in the area. Not only Mexican home-cooking/hole in the wall type joints, but also high-end Mexican, and quite a few European chains. So good.

CONS
- Drainage in room was an issue
- Pool was more for lap swimmers, but that's to be expected as a business hotel.

My 3 year old raved about the trip and said she wants to go back when she's 4. This seriously could have been a Grand Hyatt.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 11:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Did your kids have any trouble with the air pollution?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 1:26 pm

Not anything noticeable, though we chalked up initial tiredness to jetlag/elevation changes. The pollution was less noticeable in parks, so it felt like it was more due to car emissions. It was a lot better than the smoke from the Bay Area fires (we live in SF).
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by chavala
They don't charge, but you have to wait for them to serve you and it was not always easy to find someone (they were often hiding in the kitchen).
I found the staff came by frequently during the dinner hour but YMMV

Originally Posted by MisterSelfish
Not anything noticeable, though we chalked up initial tiredness to jetlag/elevation changes. The pollution was less noticeable in parks, so it felt like it was more due to car emissions. It was a lot better than the smoke from the Bay Area fires (we live in SF).
Concur 100%. On several visits last year I did not even notice the elevation or the pollution. The latter is much worse in Beijing. And yes, the SF area fires were far worse than any pollution I've encountered including Riverside in the 80s.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 2:05 pm

Any recent stays, in particular, via the Visa Signature Hotels rate? Booked the Park View King and am curious what the upgrade, if any, would fall into. Am only a Discoverist. Also would like to know what the breakfast looks like. Thanks!
Old Apr 29, 2018, 7:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum (LTG), Hilton Gold, United 1K, AA EXP, AS MVP 75K
Heading there in July so I’d also be interested in any recent stays. Do globalists have the option of free breakfast in the restaurant or is it just in the lounge? How is the lounge?
Old Apr 30, 2018, 10:30 pm

Programs: WOOD PLAT, HYATT GLOB, SOUTH A-LIST+, UNITED SILVER
I am heading there this week....will report back
Old Apr 30, 2018, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by tigerwong
Heading there in July so I’d also be interested in any recent stays. Do globalists have the option of free breakfast in the restaurant or is it just in the lounge? How is the lounge?
Stayed there.last year. Breakfast was in the lounge only.
Old May 2, 2018, 10:15 pm

Programs: WOOD PLAT, HYATT GLOB, SOUTH A-LIST+, UNITED SILVER
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Stayed there.last year. Breakfast was in the lounge only.
I am staying here right now and it is breakfast in the lounge only. I pushed for the restaurant as option too and they were firm on the lounge as the only option.

Received a standard regency king suite with a great view of the park. It is no Park Hyatt but good so far.
Old May 3, 2018, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by CrashDavis

I am staying here right now and it is breakfast in the lounge only. I pushed for the restaurant as option too and they were firm on the lounge as the only option.

Received a standard regency king suite with a great view of the park. It is no Park Hyatt but good so far.
How's the lounge breakfast? What does the afternoon/evenings at the lounge look like? Did you book the Regency Suite or were you updated to it?

Thanks for the report.
Old May 4, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by coffee18
How's the lounge breakfast? What does the afternoon/evenings at the lounge look like? Did you book the Regency Suite or were you updated to it?

Thanks for the report.
Stayed there several months back and was upgraded to a huge suite with dining room ,living room , bedroom and large bathroom with seperate soaking tub and shower.
Lounge breakfast was very adequate, and evening offerings were plentiful , and could be substituted fir dinner. The lounge has bartenders that make your drinks and I believe they were free.
The cincierges in the entry to the lounge were top notch and very helpful with directions and dinner reservations
i usef a TSU for a suite and was further complimentary upgraded

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.