Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UnitedConnection
The hotel provides its own express shuttle service from HKG Arrivals. A very luxurious motor coach. Look for the Hyatt-branded booth across the lobby from Customs & Immigration exit and banking services. Separate charge. Per email correspondence on 7/11/19, this service is no longer offered by the hotel. Two alternatives are:
Hotel Limousine/MPV: HK$1150 per trip per car (Mercedes S-320) or 6-person MPV for HKD$1400
Airport shuttle service (3rd party): ''Vigor Airport Shuttle Service Limited'' located at Arrival Hall B-01. Take shuttle to ‘’Harbour View International Hotel’’ (next door to GH). HK$140 per person per trip. This is no longer affiliated with the hotel, so tickets must be purchased directly from the vendor.

Diamond benefits as of 4 Sep 2016
  • Complementary Continental Breakfast (in lounge) 7AM – 10:30AM Monday – Friday & 7AM – 11AM (Weekends & Public Holidays)
  • Diamond buffet breakfast also available in Grand Cafe
  • Complimentary Evening Cocktails - 5:30PM – 7:30PM
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee, refreshments, and limited alcoholic beverages (not sure if this is in room or in lounge as lounge hours are 7AM – midnight)
  • Complimentary 3 pieces laundry per day (standard service; not cumulative) for guests staying in a suite (not limited to Diamonds).
  • Grand Club meeting room 1 hour/day.
Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2019, 3:02 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by helvetic
Just checkout of a stay at the Grand Hyatt HK and €¦ color me impressed.
Thanks for the review, this is putting HR Sha Tin (where we stayed last time) to shame. Will consider GH next time...
Old Jul 26, 2019, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by escape4
Thanks for the review, this is putting HR Sha Tin (where we stayed last time) to shame. Will consider GH next time...
For 1/3 or 1/4 of the price, the HR Sha Tin punches well above its weight. And I prefer the pool at the HR Sha Tin, it's better for swimming laps and is usually less crowded.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 4:16 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by Pickles
For 1/3 or 1/4 of the price, the HR Sha Tin punches well above its weight. And I prefer the pool at the HR Sha Tin, it's better for swimming laps and is usually less crowded.
If you prioritize pool quality, stay at the W. Probably one of the coolest hotel pools in the world. Highest outdoor rooftop pool in the world on the 74th floor.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by helvetic
If you prioritize pool quality, stay at the W. Probably one of the coolest hotel pools in the world. Highest outdoor rooftop pool in the world on the 74th floor.
Nah. I used to live at the W, and the pool, although stunning up on the 74th floor, was either rained out, fog-covered, or packed to the gills with posers more frequently than I would have liked. The best hotel pool in HK is the FS.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 10:18 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
For 1/3 or 1/4 of the price, the HR Sha Tin punches well above its weight.
No doubt about that, especially if using Globalist suite upgrade, value for the money is why we booked there in the first place two years in a row. I am surprised that property does not get much more interest - almost 2 years without any comment in the Sha Tin thread.

That said, I am not against looking for something a bit different next time. GH or W are decent options. I have tried Conrad before and I could consider it as well.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Nah. I used to live at the W, and the pool, although stunning up on the 74th floor, was either rained out, fog-covered, or packed to the gills with posers more frequently than I would have liked. The best hotel pool in HK is the FS.
I've been there many times and have never had any of the issues you describe. I know they host parties on summer weekend nights, which I've yet to attend, but aside from that I've never seen it too crowded. I obviously don't tend to visit the pool when the weather isn't nice. But personally I love the views and ambiance, and the high altitude certainly helps with the weather and humidity when it's hot and sticky at ground level.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by escape4
No doubt about that, especially if using Globalist suite upgrade, value for the money is why we booked there in the first place two years in a row. I am surprised that property does not get much more interest - almost 2 years without any comment in the Sha Tin thread.

That said, I am not against looking for something a bit different next time. GH or W are decent options. I have tried Conrad before and I could consider it as well.
Probably because Sha Tin is halfway to Shenzhen and really really far from the action.

Depending on your budget and desire for location, W and GH are great options. Ren is decent. HR and Mira in TST are alright too. Mira Moon is cute. Indigo is alright. I need to try the JW next.

I'm actually pretty stoked about Hotel VIC becoming Hyatt Centric next month. Stayed there a couple times and it's a fantastic hotel though a tiny bit off the beaten path in North Point, but still convenient enough to Central via MTR.

If you're willing to compromise on location a bit, Marriott Ocean Park is great and still quite close to Wan Chai / Central.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 4:37 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I agree commuting to Hyatt Sha Tin is a waste of time. Stayed there once and never again due to location and lack of anything (especially food) within walking distance around the hotel. Now if it was actually located in Sha Tin, it might be worth considering.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 12:26 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by seawolf
I agree commuting to Hyatt Sha Tin is a waste of time. Stayed there once and never again due to location and lack of anything (especially food) within walking distance around the hotel. Now if it was actually located in Sha Tin, it might be worth considering.
+1

If your budget allows I would choose this Grand Hyatt hands down.
luvFclass likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
Club level room only means a high floor as an upgrade. Being upgraded into a Club room does not grant access. Only when booking one.
Thanks. Though I will note I received a club level upgrade later in the trip at Conrad Tokyo and it came with full club privileges.

Perhaps it’s inconsistent across brands.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by dval44

Thanks. Though I will note I received a club level upgrade later in the trip at Conrad Tokyo and it came with full club privileges.

Perhaps it’s inconsistent across brands.

Hi,
A bit OT perhaps At Hilton if you are upgraded to a club level room then IME you have lounge/club access ( and the Conrad tokyo lounge is very good) . Hyatt being a separate company may well have a different policy ( and Marriott may also have a diffeent policy)

Regards

TBS
dval44 likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 12:09 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Has anyone stayed here recently during the protests? Am wondering whether the hotel and the surrounding neighborhood has been affected much in any of the last several weekends. We have a family vacation booked here in a few months, and I hope we don't need to make contingency plans.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 12:12 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by lamont2718
We have a family vacation booked here in a few months, and I hope we don't need to make contingency plans.
Chances are that the protests will be over by then. Even if they're not over by then, chances are they won't be an issue for that area.

If you're unsure or uncomfortable with the uncertainty, make an alternative booking away from HKG to be safe.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
Going back to HK in October. Id say on average prices for the GHHK are down around $50-100 USD per night on average compared to what it used to be last year.

Obviously there is savings across the board on many of the 5 star hotels in HK for next few months.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Chances are that the protests will be over by then. Even if they're not over by then, chances are they won't be an issue for that area.

If you're unsure or uncomfortable with the uncertainty, make an alternative booking away from HKG to be safe.
Chances are protests aren't ending anytime soon. Last time they lasted the better part of a year, and people were way less pissed off.

Life in HK isn't affected much by the protests. I wouldn't worry about it.

Also @bhrubin, what are you doing in a Hyatt thread. Thought you said you'd never consider stepping foot in this hotel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.