Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency O'Hare REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency O'Hare REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2020, 2:35 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Here is a late review of previous stay at this property. As a HR in a major airport, at 8,000 points, it still offers good value.

Hyatt Regency O'Hare Chicago - Good Redemption Value
Old Jan 1, 2021, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Looks like I'm the first poster post-Covid - good quick 2 day stay here this week in my first biz travel in 6 months:
- free parking (paid stay) acknowledged at check-in unprompted
- upgraded to a massive 2 level suite
- since lounge closed, offered a free drink + menu item at Perks (the cafe) for breakfast - I charged that + a couple other things each day (about $20 worth daily), they wiped all of it off at check-out

Very low capacity overall - nice that this property is basically offering full elite benefits, something many other chains can't be bothered to do (coughMarriottcough)
Do you know if your suite was the deluxe or the panorama suite? Looking online, and there are some pretty attractive rates, both mention being two levels. The panorama suite sounds like it has better views, but the deluxe suite is 1131 sq ft vs the 792 for the panorama, and only $5 on the date i'm looking at.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BThumme
Do you know if your suite was the deluxe or the panorama suite? Looking online, and there are some pretty attractive rates, both mention being two levels. The panorama suite sounds like it has better views, but the deluxe suite is 1131 sq ft vs the 792 for the panorama, and only $5 on the date i'm looking at.
Not sure. Would call the property to ask.

my first level was huge. Second level was basically bed plus bathroom and closet.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
We look forward to the review of your suite here on FT...

David
Old Jan 1, 2021, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by DELee
We look forward to the review of your suite here on FT...

David
That should have said $5 more, not $5. As long as I can secure a negative PCR test before departure, I'll be sure to post a comprehensive report. I've always wanted to stay here, but always been loyal to Hilton .
Old Jan 2, 2021, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
That should have said $5 more, not $5. As long as I can secure a negative PCR test before departure, I'll be sure to post a comprehensive report. I've always wanted to stay here, but always been loyal to Hilton .
It's a nice property, my suburban home base due to the paucity of Hyatt properties in the Northern burbs (hoping that gets rectified soon).

Good gym, gave me a nice breakfast credit downstairs, plenty of space. Rooms are due for a reno at some point, IMO that's the biggest drawback.

Short walk to the fun entertainment district across River Rd. too, weather permitting.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 4:45 pm

Here now.

First time here as a globalist. No upgrades available at all for me, and given $20 to use for either dinner tonight or breakfast tomorrow, but not both. Since I was with my wife she also gor
$20 to use.

I asked if I could at least get my originally requested (but not booked) airport view room and was told there weren’t any available on account of it being Valentine’s weekend.

No restaurants open, only the above mentioned perks. Went to order a hamburger but they were out, so got a cup of soup. Asked for a piece of cheesecake for dessert and they were also sold out of that.

For a big positive, a speedtest showed 150 down and over 100 up - by far the fastest I’ve ever seen at a hotel.

However the night ended on a bit sour of a note. At approximately 12am my wife and I were woken up to a block party birthday bash in our section of the hotel. I had to call down to the front desk, it took them about 15 minutes to get someone up to calm it down a bit, but only the music. For the next hour and a half or so, there was still a ton of socializing in the hallways and doors slamming, but not enough for us to call down again since it was on and off and not consistent.

I did get a printed note from security as well as a voucher for a free coffee, which while appreciated, was a bit frustrating since coffee should be a basic amenity at any hotel.

I’m sure the hotel is fine sunday-thursdays, maybe I just got unlucky with it being a combo of Valentine’s Day weekend and a Saturday.

One last bright spot, The TV in my room was massive - 70” maybe?

Last edited by BThumme; Feb 14, 2021 at 9:01 am
Old Feb 14, 2021, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The entertainment district (forgetting the name) on the other side of River Rd. has a bunch of restaurants, if you are still there...big fan of the Hofbrauhaus.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 1:28 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
The entertainment district (forgetting the name) on the other side of River Rd. has a bunch of restaurants, if you are still there...big fan of the Hofbrauhaus.
I’ll second the hofbrauhaus! It’s been so long since I was there, I’d almost forgotten about it. Good memories!
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 1:41 pm

Thanks but I was just here for an overnight layover, had a morning flight back to MI.

I’m very familiar with the area, I’ve had a lot of stays across the road at the Hilton and Embassay Suites. We opted to stay in after another early morning of traveling. I will
be sure to consider Hofbrauhaus next tkme
though, we’ve usually eaten at King’s.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by hp12c
I’ll second the hofbrauhaus! It’s been so long since I was there, I’d almost forgotten about it. Good memories!
FYI, it’s closing or has closed for good. It’s being replaced by a pizza place. It will be split into 2 restaurants.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 4:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Stayed there last night as well. The $40 (total for two) credit towards the shop downstairs was pretty good considering an $80 rate. The room itself was pretty tiny (though as mentioned above, a huge tv). Had to convince the front desk parking is currently waived for globalists.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LASUA1K
FYI, it’s closing or has closed for good. It’s being replaced by a pizza place. It will be split into 2 restaurants.
Ah nooooooo that sucks...more generic Italian/pizza restaurants (unless it's a local Pequods or something). Sure it's not the most authentic schnitzel out there but that and some German beers hit the spot after a flight.
Old Feb 16, 2021, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Ah nooooooo that sucks...more generic Italian/pizza restaurants (unless it's a local Pequods or something). Sure it's not the most authentic schnitzel out there but that and some German beers hit the spot after a flight.
I agree. I live about a mile away, and it was a great place with live music! It's not a Pequods, it's an "Italian Style Pizza" place. The report says it's splitting in half, so I'm not sure what the other half is going to be. (Same owners) I'm surprised a sushi place hasn't opened in that area and I thought that might be replace it, until i saw Italian style pizza. If you want German food a good local place is Edelweiss in Norridge. It's about a 5 minute drive from the Hyatt OHare. If you ever go, I live a few minutes away, I'll grab a beer, now that I'm basically on a no travel policy until mid year.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 6:34 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
While the $20/person credit toward the street-level "lobby" shop has its upsides, is there any word on when the check-in-level lounge will re-open there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.