Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency O'Hare REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency O'Hare REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2012, 3:16 am

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Stayed here two weeks ago.

Got an Executive Wing room. Club is right behind the front desk, evening spread was akin to an AC MLL.

Room was pretty standard, definitely nothing special.

Quite some noise through the window (from the highway/freeway).

We were the first @ the club breakfast, which was a reasonable spread with one or two hot items. Supposedly it can get pretty busy for breakfast at the club.

Also, important to note is that the hotel is HUGE... I would never have expected it.

The bus is reliable, quite spacious, and offers free WiFi.

I had sent something to the hotel, and forgot to pick it up while there. Now I haven't had the time to write, so I'm curious if I'll ever get my fountain pen nib...

Any questions, just ask.

Cheers from TXL~!
Old Jul 14, 2012, 6:41 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Do Diamonds get Regency Club access at this property even if we stay in a Standard room on a non-Regency Club floor?
Old Jul 14, 2012, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Preacher7
Do Diamonds get Regency Club access at this property even if we stay in a Standard room on a non-Regency Club floor?
Diamonds gets access to the club at all hotels that have a club. Doesn't matter I you are on points or an AAA rate.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 7:20 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Preacher7
Yes - the RC is actually in the "lobby" area.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 6:39 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Temporary Warning:

I would recommend avoiding this property until they fix their issues with in-room internet. While I suspect the system conversion/upgrade shouldn't take a significant amount of time, if internet is an absolute necessity for your stay (and you don't have your own hotspot), stay elsewhere.

The property itself is fine.. just a shame that the hotel is well aware of their internet connectivity issues right now and makes NO effort to warn their guests.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by izzik
Temporary Warning:

I would recommend avoiding this property until they fix their issues with in-room internet. While I suspect the system conversion/upgrade shouldn't take a significant amount of time, if internet is an absolute necessity for your stay (and you don't have your own hotspot), stay elsewhere.

The property itself is fine.. just a shame that the hotel is well aware of their internet connectivity issues right now and makes NO effort to warn their guests.
Looks like they implemented a new TV / internet system. I stayed here a last month and last week.

They switched to Roomlinx (Hyatt signed an agreement awhile ago to switch their hotels to them) which looks nice but a little more difficult to use IMO. Not sure who the provider is for their internet, but it has a new landing page.

I had SOME slowness but nothing too drastic. Then again, I wasn't doing much (causal browsing) and wasn't in the room much of the time.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by edcho
Looks like they implemented a new TV / internet system. I stayed here a last month and last week.

They switched to Roomlinx (Hyatt signed an agreement awhile ago to switch their hotels to them) which looks nice but a little more difficult to use IMO. Not sure who the provider is for their internet, but it has a new landing page.

I had SOME slowness but nothing too drastic. Then again, I wasn't doing much (causal browsing) and wasn't in the room much of the time.
Was here in Nov, was really slow for me.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 2:05 pm

With regards to the "Panorama Suites", does anyone know if these rooms look out at the airport, or is it highway view?
Old Feb 12, 2013, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by MattPol
With regards to the "Panorama Suites", does anyone know if these rooms look out at the airport, or is it highway view?
When I had a Pano Suite, the view was of the back portion of the hotel, and a wooded area. Very quiet- only noise was a few aircraft flying overhead.

I would imagine that they might have some Pano Suites that look towards the airport/highway, though I can't confirm.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by MattPol
There are Panorama Suites in each of the four towers, facing in various directions outward from the center of the hotel. For an airport view, you'll want either 1051/1151 (South Tower) or 1069/1169 (West Tower).
Old Feb 12, 2013, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by DuncanHusky
There are Panorama Suites in each of the four towers, facing in various directions outward from the center of the hotel. For an airport view, you'll want either 1051/1151 (South Tower) or 1069/1169 (West Tower).
The knowledge on this board is amazing. Thank you!
Old Jun 27, 2013, 11:04 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I had a two night stay in the Panorama Suite on the 10th/11th floor this past weekend (comped upgrade, not requested)--think it was 1071/1171. There was a spiral staircase connecting the bedroom on the 11th floor with the living room and dining room on the 10th floor. You could enter your suite from either level. I didn't use the 10th floor area as I was out most of the day, but do appreciate the gesture.

I was on a 3A breakfast rate and had the buffet breakfast in the restaurant with friends. There is an omelette station and hot food varied some per day (pancakes one morning, french toast the next). Did stop by the lounge when I returned from the city one night and saw some food items out, but all I wanted was a cold drink and didn't sample any offerings. I was the only guest at that time.

My suite did face in the direction of the airport and I did take some photos.

More photos in the Hyatt gallery linked below.

Last edited by tom911; Jun 28, 2013 at 7:31 pm Reason: added photos
Old Jul 8, 2013, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt
Upgraded to Pano suite as a lowly Platinum

I booked a $119/nt rate and upgraded to a club room using the 3,000 points certificate.

I was thrilled to find out that I had been upgraded further to a Panorama Suite at checkin even as a lowly Platinum. I was extremely overjoyed at this lucky break because I had been looking forward to this convention all year and I have many acquaintances at this event. The look on their faces when they saw my room was priceless I managed to host many people in my room for some mingling and I'm so lucky to have gotten this suite for the weekend! I was in 1029/1129 and had a parking lot view.

The internet was working great for me. The TV had some nice software on it and I was able to order deep dish pizza from a restaurant nearby from my TV! The TV in the guestroom crashed but it was fixed with a phone call and a visit from their staff. (It was running Windows XP, heh)

I had a slight issue with front desk communication. The front desk told me that the rollaway bed would be complimentary. However, I was charged for it at checkout even after informing them of what I was told. It wasn't a big deal as I had originally expected to pay for it.

This was my first time in an RC too. It was incredibly convenient to get drinks at the RC throughout the day as I had to walk a lot during the convention.
Breakfast on day 1 was a good spread of smoked salmon, french toast and other things. Day 2 was a breakfast burrito. (There was smoked salmon again too!)
Evening hot item was some good chillion day 1 and meatballs on day 2

Thank you so much to Davis for upgrading me to the suite!

Overall: I love this property.

Last edited by madguy2; Jul 8, 2013 at 2:37 pm
Old Oct 28, 2013, 12:49 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Had a very nice two-night stay recently. My room was not a suite but it was definitely an upgrade from the (cheapest possible) room I had booked. Staff at the hotel was very friendly and I'd surely stay here again.

My rate included restaurant breakfast for one (yet as a Diamond I could have had breakfast for two in the Regency Club). I asked the front desk to please extend the restaurant breakfast to two people on Morning One, considering that my departure on Morning Two would be far earlier than breakfast hours, so they're still only out two breakfasts. Front Desk readily agreed to do this.

Regency club was nice and friendly. They technically close at 10:30 pm but we visited after hours both nights. Other than it bring a trifle dark, it was good. During regular opening hours, the staff made sure we had everything we needed. Any requests were handled quickly and cheerfully.

Location of the hotel is excellent for any business you might need to do in Rosemont. The main train to Chicago is a scant three blocks away and we did find time to go to the Loop briefly. I used Urban Spoon (one of the most essential travel apps ever) to find a great restaurant in Rosemont just 4 or 5 blocks from the hotel.

This hotel did everything well. I'd say their strongest point is the staff at the Regency Club. If I ever venture back into this locale, I will surely stay at this hotel again.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 1:18 pm

RC

During holidays, w/o an attendant RC can get crowded, at this particular hotel is the regency club room accessed via your room keycard or via attendant. Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.