Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency O'Hare REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency O'Hare REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2022, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
While the $20/person credit toward the street-level "lobby" shop has its upsides, is there any word on when the check-in-level lounge will re-open there?
It may be a while. While the north wing of the Premier Tower (formerly Executive Tower) is completely shut down for renovations that are moving along slowly, that includes the Airline Crew Lounge on the 29th floor. Regency Club has been repurposed for Crew Lounge in the interim (presumably to comply with contracts with the airlines to provide such a space).
Old Feb 12, 2022, 6:56 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by DuncanHusky
It may be a while. While the north wing of the Premier Tower (formerly Executive Tower) is completely shut down for renovations that are moving along slowly, that includes the Airline Crew Lounge on the 29th floor. Regency Club has been repurposed for Crew Lounge in the interim (presumably to comply with contracts with the airlines to provide such a space).
Thanks for the information. I had noticed a couple of years prior that this hotel had started dropping out of providing lounge access to some big corporate clients. Between that change and the hotel having jumped on a "go cheap" approach in other ways too, I've suspected for some time now that this lounge was closer to the chopping block than it had been.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 9:27 am

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
While the $20/person credit toward the street-level "lobby" shop has its upsides, is there any word on when the check-in-level lounge will re-open there?
I just finished 1 night stay (Feb 10-11). As globalist, I was upgraded to a "Plaza Suite" on the 2-nd floor of the Premium Tower - it was rather convenient to walk to/from lobby without an elevator. Thus, it looks like at least some room in that tower are open but in the morning I saw some workers walking in. I checked in about 4 pm and left at 7 am and did not hear any construction noise.
The club next to checkin is still repurposed as an airline lounge.
The main change is that the restaurant is now open for breakfast buffet ($18/person or free for Globalists) and that includes an omelette station, coffee and juice, and the usual selection of breakfast entrees for US - all of good quality. Security lady at the entrance asked me to show the vaccination card. So I was not given $20 card but I didn't ask for one specifically as I had a dinner in the downtown Chicago.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 6:59 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 4/9 to 4/11

Location: One of the better locations for O'Hare outside of the Hilton. It has the nice features of being walkable to the Rosemont CTA Station on the Blue Line and also to a bunch of local restaurants, other hotels and even a movie theater at the Parkway Bank Entertainment District.

Hotel: The hotel itself is really weird. It has a very 1980s evil corporation headquarters look from the outside (think OCP HQ in Robocop) and inside it looks like an early Embassy Suites with the exposed concrete and scenic elevators. There are also other towers grafted on. On the positive side the bar and restaurant are open though the Regency Club is not and there's a coffee/snack shop on the lower level. It is directly connected to the next door convention center which is a bonus.

Check In: Very disappointing. I arrived at 3:10 PM and check in time is 3 PM. I had to wait until 4 PM to get my room and the agent checking me in wasn't friendly or helpful about it. No service recovery was offered either.

Room: Thoroughly weird. I was upgraded to a Regency Suite in the Premier Tower and ended up in this 1960s feeling room. The large living room was great but the bedroom was behind basically cubicle walls that don't go up to the ceiling and there was no door to the bedroom. The bathroom was also tiny and there was no closet. Soundproofing was bad too.

Breakfast: The buffet in the lobby is about what you'd expect. Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes and pancakes all of dubious quality and an omelet bar. No ala carte options.

Overall disappointing. I stayed here for its proximity to the convention center but I expected more from an HR.
24.05.2004 and madmanshoney like this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 8:14 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Staying here on American's dime due to terrible operational management keeping us on the tarmac for over 50 minutes.

Overall, not a terrible time, but very odd. I wish they were a bit more forthcoming with Globalist treatment on airline vouchers (though, I know they don't need to be). I asked about 4 PM checkout, and they were pretty begrudging but accepted (I don't think I'll need it anymore as I'm still messing around with my flight schedule).

They put me in a King Bed in one of the circular towers, so my room is shaped like a pie. The view of the planes taking off is quite nice, but the room is definitely dated. I was very impressed with the quality of the mattress (super plush) - though the covers are still thin like almost every other HR. The bathroom is tiny with a low toilet and small shower stall with just a curtain. Surprisingly, though, the shower pressure wasn't bad, and the curtain seemed to prevent any flooding.

Definitely not the nicest, but I could have done a lot worse.

Old May 13, 2022, 4:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Staying here for a quick overnight due to the wife’s late arrival before moving into the city. Got upgraded to a studio suite in the premier tower although the room placard says regency suite. Fairly nice room but yeah you can tell the bones of the room are old. It was a little pricier than the others around here but worth it given the upgrade. If I was stuck with the base room I doubt I would’ve been happy paying more to stay here. Shuttle is 24 hours and every 15 mins but after midnight goes to every 30. Nice trail nearby to go for a walk or run if you desire.

Only downside is there is a prom tonight. Really hope none of them will be staying nearby. If they’re anything like me they won’t be quiet at all but they’d also be staying in the cheapest room in the other tower I’d hope. One can dream.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 8:14 pm

Programs: AS, UA, AA, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Silver
Hi all

Any recent reports from staying here? Assuming the club lounge is still closed? On the brighter side we are going to Pequod’s for dinner!
Old Jul 8, 2022, 8:19 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I stayed a month ago and was reasonably happy. The lounge was not open. I used a TSU for a bi-level suite. It's a bit dated but has quite a few amenities. Breakfast was a little disappointing. There was only one cereal and they were out of tea bags (both mornings). Offerings were limited.
Markie likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 8:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Staying here on American's dime due to terrible operational management keeping us on the tarmac for over 50 minutes.

Overall, not a terrible time, but very odd. I wish they were a bit more forthcoming with Globalist treatment on airline vouchers (though, I know they don't need to be). I asked about 4 PM checkout, and they were pretty begrudging but accepted (I don't think I'll need it anymore as I'm still messing around with my flight schedule).

They put me in a King Bed in one of the circular towers, so my room is shaped like a pie. The view of the planes taking off is quite nice, but the room is definitely dated. I was very impressed with the quality of the mattress (super plush) - though the covers are still thin like almost every other HR. The bathroom is tiny with a low toilet and small shower stall with just a curtain. Surprisingly, though, the shower pressure wasn't bad, and the curtain seemed to prevent any flooding.

Definitely not the nicest, but I could have done a lot worse.
Did the hotel try to charge you for the hotel internet?

I know the hotel tried to charge Explorists and Globalists for the internet on stays using airline vouchers, distressed passenger rates and even some Hyatt point bookings that were made using points from Hyatt accounts without D/E/G elite status. They did more than just try, they charged for the internet and refused to remove the internet charges.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 5:45 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold

I know the hotel tried to charge Explorists and Globalists for the internet on stays using airline vouchers, distressed passenger rates and even some Hyatt point bookings that were made using points from Hyatt accounts without D/E/G elite status. They did more than just try, they charged for the internet and refused to remove the internet charges.
Frankly, I don't remember if I used the Internet on that stay, but I definitely wasn't charged.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Frankly, I don't remember if I used the Internet on that stay, but I definitely wasn't charged.
Charging for internet in 2022? Wow...I'm glad I have unlimited data with AT&T. I sure as hell won't pay for access!
Old Aug 19, 2022, 1:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by lsquare
Charging for internet in 2022? Wow...I'm glad I have unlimited data with AT&T. I sure as hell won't pay for access!
I wasn’t a happy camper when seeing these charges from the hotel. Between that and some other things, for me this Hyatt has become a Hyatt mascot for front desk staff not thinking for themselves about what makes sense and doesn’t come across as just petty, money-grubbing inhospitality. And this was my take from “eligible rates”.

Years before such incidents, this was my most booked ORD airport hotel. A sign of the times about their Scrooge ways should have become clear to me when they first stopped wanting to provide lounge access to the IBM-entitled rate users at this property. But until I saw those ridiculous internet charges on point bookings with Explorists and Globalists checked into the rooms, I didn’t make much of what else had been going on at this property.

While I still use this hotel and find it as acceptable enough for a big airport area hotel property with a frequent enough shuttle bus service to work for me even on my ORD T5 arrivals, my use of it is under more circumscribed circumstances than used to be the case for me; and I’m circumspect about what to expect and how to book the hotel.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I wasn’t a happy camper when seeing these charges from the hotel. Between that and some other things, for me this Hyatt has become a Hyatt mascot for front desk staff not thinking for themselves about what makes sense and doesn’t come across as just petty, money-grubbing inhospitality. And this was my take from “eligible rates”.

Years before such incidents, this was my most booked ORD airport hotel. A sign of the times about their Scrooge ways should have become clear to me when they first stopped wanting to provide lounge access to the IBM-entitled rate users at this property. But until I saw those ridiculous internet charges on point bookings with Explorists and Globalists checked into the rooms, I didn’t make much of what else had been going on at this property.

While I still use this hotel and find it as acceptable enough for a big airport area hotel property with a frequent enough shuttle bus service to work for me even on my ORD T5 arrivals, my use of it is under more circumscribed circumstances than used to be the case for me; and I’m circumspect about what to expect and how to book the hotel.
I would get an unlimited data plan if you don't already have one. I definitely don't think Wifi is something to pay for in 2022.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 7:27 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Had a one nighter here due to a missed connection. Arrivals at ORD are dreadful (both experiences this year so far…took me 2 hours to get through immigration)

booked a standard room when in the taxi to the hotel. We were traveling almost 24 hours so did not want to wait for the shuttle.
checkin was speedy and friendly. Could benefit from the Elite Checkin area, as a bunch of guests were checking in with AC vouchers.

no upgrade, although all categories available for sale. But did not want to fuss as we were tired after this long day.
room was ok for 1 night.
breakfast buffet was really good and super friendly waiters.
shuttle ran every 15 minutes to get us back the next morning.

would certainly stay again for a one nighter, but would book a room in the premier tower. But I doubt I‘d ever travel internationally to ORD again, as immigration really is bad compared to JFK, MIA, LAX, BOS.

Last edited by 59Impala; Oct 8, 2022 at 4:17 am
Old Oct 7, 2022, 7:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Has the lounge re-opened?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.