Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency O'Hare REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency O'Hare REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2022, 6:01 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I was supposed to stay last night after attending the Captain Denny DO, though ATC delays at ORD led to a long enough delay that I just canceled my flights. When I called to cancel my reservation, the front desk agent told me the regency club was not going to reopen. Perhaps take it with a grain of salt, but it wouldn’t surprise me given how long it’s been closed.
It seems by now that it’s clearly not a priority for this hotel to bring back the lounge. I guess the writing was on the wall a couple of years before the pandemic when the hotel pushed to eliminate lounge access on the last of the major corporate rates that included lounge access at this property.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by GUWonder
It seems by now that it’s clearly not a priority for this hotel to bring back the lounge. I guess the writing was on the wall a couple of years before the pandemic when the hotel pushed to eliminate lounge access on the last of the major corporate rates that included lounge access at this property.
Such a disappointment. I've spent probably fifty nights at this property since I joined FT in 2009 and always loved the lounge. The selections for breakfast and dinner always seemed fresh to me and were on a nice rotation. Certainly better, imo, than the restaurant. Last breakfast I had at the restaurant was just so-so.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 11:13 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Such a disappointment. I've spent probably fifty nights at this property since I joined FT in 2009 and always loved the lounge. The selections for breakfast and dinner always seemed fresh to me and were on a nice rotation. Certainly better, imo, than the restaurant. Last breakfast I had at the restaurant was just so-so.
interesting, I thought breakfast early October was excellent. fresh fruits, more than the usual unripe melons. egg station, etc
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by 59Impala
interesting, I thought breakfast early October was excellent. fresh fruits, more than the usual unripe melons. egg station, etc
Glad to hear if that’s now the case. My last stay earlier this year didn’t seem too special in the breakfast dept. I certainly missed being able to have lox and a bagel.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 9:51 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Was trying to decide on an airport hotel for next week and called to ask, seems they have no plans to open the lounge anytime soon. No drink or appetizer vouchers for globalists as I've received at some other properties. Can't complaint too much at such a low rate I suppose.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Flip side, breakfast buffet in the restaurant better than what was previously served in the lounge
59Impala and Warriorconcept like this.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 9:35 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Flip side, breakfast buffet in the restaurant better than what was previously served in the lounge
For what it's worth the buffet was really mediocre in April.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 9:41 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
buffet in October was excellent, with mad to order eggs and large variety of fruits, with more that only the unripe 2 melon types usually served. great staff, too.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by 59Impala
buffet in October was excellent, with mad to order eggs and large variety of fruits, with more that only the unripe 2 melon types usually served. great staff, too.
I find that very basic right now in January, yes there is an omelette station, but fruits are standard cut fruits but no whole apples/oranges/banana, and just OJ not even apple juice or cranberry juice, no smoked salmon or cold meat no made to order waffle (or pre made waffle), no pancake except french toast sticks, this is a buffet breakfast worst than a Hilton garden inn (I am HH diamond as well)

No great staff neither as after I signed the bill before I walk inside, I was told just take any open seats, no staff came after, no one ask me or anyone nearby me if we want coffee or tea neither (all self served). And apparently they are not serving any ala carte items except buffet, so this is just basically an embassy suites breakfast except one has to sign a bill.

Maybe you will say January is low occupancy, but not this particular weekend, as the hotel seems like is hosting a gathering of a fraternity with several hundreds of people and a travel show going on at the convention center right next to it at the same time.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Jan 15, 2023 at 9:49 am
Old Jan 15, 2023, 5:28 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
It’s always like that, even when the hotel is sold out.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 8:14 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Checked in tonight for five nights, got u/g to "panorama suite" as a Glob which is the weirdest hotel room I've ever had. Two levels connected by a tiny and rickety spiral staircase. No elevator access to upper level; I ended up hauling my heavy bag up the wider stairs in the hallway. Room decor is very dated; I saw pics of some really nice new rooms here but I guess these didn't get the makeover. So. Much. BROWN. The lobby is a trip. Bar food menu looks the same as pretty much any other hotel bar. Parking is an insane $34/night.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 6:09 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stayed over the weekend and had a much more pleasant experience than my visit in April, 2022.

Check In: Friendly front desk staff. I was upgraded to a king in the Premier Tower which as an Explorist is about as good as it gets.

Room: While the Premier Tower means no oddly shaped rooms, it does mean a long walk. The room was actually quite nice though and there were no issues with soundproofing or Wifi. Though the bathroom has these strange half doors you slide together to shut.

Dining: Breakfast is way better than a year ago. Omelet station, bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, French Toast and potatoes. All actually quite good. Annoyingly the hotel's restaurant is not open for lunch.

I'd really disliked this hotel a year ago but I like it better now.
Old May 26, 2023, 5:33 pm

Is the lounge still not open yet?
Old May 26, 2023, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rffpgadsp
Is the lounge still not open yet?
Based upon the information I last received, it won’t be reopening. Haven’t seen any reports to the contrary :/
Old Jun 2, 2023, 11:16 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Amy issues with making the buffet breakfast to go? I have an early AM flight, and would rather eat my (boxed) breakfast while waiting at the gate than wake up unnecessarily early to eat at the restaurant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.