Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency O'Hare REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency O'Hare REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2010, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by slocouple
Staying one night June 23; arriving 11:30pm into O'Hare. Will there by any snacks/coffee, etc. accessible in the RC at that hour? Is it open only when an attendant is there? Website says room service is available 24 hours, but I called the property and they said only until midnight. Good thing I called! Not sure we'll arrive hungry, but just in case...
Not sure about room service, but last time I stayed there the front desk gave me three delivery menus of pizza places that deliver till 2 or 3 am
Old Jun 8, 2010, 9:28 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Originally Posted by slocouple
Staying one night June 23; arriving 11:30pm into O'Hare. Will there by any snacks/coffee, etc. accessible in the RC at that hour? Is it open only when an attendant is there? Website says room service is available 24 hours, but I called the property and they said only until midnight. Good thing I called! Not sure we'll arrive hungry, but just in case...
Hi slocouple,

Since you are a diamond member, when you get to the hotel, talk to frontdesk and they can give you a voucher for a snack that you can redeem at the gift shop for a snack. I also advised them of the discrepency on the RS hours posted on the website so they could update it. Sorry for any incovience this caused you.

Have a good one!

Geoff B.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 9:18 am

Programs: AA, CO, EVA, UA, Hyatt PLT, SPG
Stayed at this property Jun 3-7 for a conference and for what it is, it seems decent. The front desk and concierge were both friendly and helpful although I guess as a platinum I should have asked for a better room. The room was clean, everything was where it needed to be so I can't complain. Two main things annoy me about this hotel.

The first is the the noise where you can hear every plane landing or taking off. The walls are also a tad thin. Now being a fairly recent college graduate and living in dorms for 2 years where the walls were much thinner, I could deal with it, but it was still annoying.

The other issue that probably bugged me even more was the fact that there's no fan in the bathroom, so every time I took a shower the mirror would get fogged up and oftentimes the door/walls would have streaks of water running down them.

So for what it is, I think it's decent. Probably not good, but I've stayed at a lot worse in my short lifetime

Last edited by PFKMan23; Jun 20, 2010 at 1:27 pm
Old Jun 19, 2010, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by PFKMan23
The first is the the noise where you can hear every plane landing or taking off. The walls are also a tad thin.
This is so true.

Anyone else notice that the webpage says "soundproof Chicago hotel accommodations" pretty funny
Old Sep 29, 2010, 7:18 am

I am curious about the suites at this property. I checked the website, and there is no mention of the suites. I called to use my diamond suite upgrade for an upcoming stay and received the "plaza suite". Does anyone have any experience with this suite and can share details of what to expect?
Old Sep 29, 2010, 7:39 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by mauibride
I am curious about the suites at this property. I checked the website, and there is no mention of the suites. I called to use my diamond suite upgrade for an upcoming stay and received the "plaza suite". Does anyone have any experience with this suite and can share details of what to expect?
Without using any points/promotional awards/upgrade certs, I get upgraded to suites here about half the time, primarily when checking in with the front desk rather than the kiosks. [I use this property a lot.]

I'm not sure how the suites are categorized but the ones I keep getting have a round dining table, a living room area (with a flat screen large TV) and a bedroom (with a large TV too) -- there has been no door between the bedroom and the foyer area but it works for me still as a proper one-bedroom suite.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 1:25 pm

This property is starting to get stingy with their upgrades, it took me a lot of work to get an upgrade this past time. The front desk staff do not even check, they just say no suites.

Last edited by gomike; Dec 6, 2010 at 9:32 pm
Old Feb 28, 2011, 3:06 pm
Suspended

check your bills/credit card statement

Stayed at the property two weeks ago using GP points. A mysterious charge appeared on my Mastercard bill a few days later. I contacted the hotel and just heard back from them.

There were two charges on my bill. The first should have been billed to Gold Passport. I was on a GP points stay and the hotel said that the charge should have gone to GP and never appeared on my folio. The second charge was for internet...even though I am a Diamond GP member. So, both charges were completely wrong even though they appeared on my Mastercard statement.

When I checked in I verified my email address. There really is NO excuse whatsoever for the hotel to issue charges after a guest checks out without emailing a revised bill. None.

In addition to not having the ability to review (possibly incorrect) charges, many of this hotel's guests are business travelers (it is an airport hotel, after all) and would need a copy of the updated folio anyway for expense reports.

It's baffling why a property would do this (unless they are hoping a certain percentage of guests don't review their credit card statements carefully).

Great way to leave a sour taste in my mouth after an otherwise fine stay.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 6:41 am

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Hyatt Recency O'Hare Review - Stay 30/03 to 03/04

Arrived at about 14:00 (after the taxi driver got lost), and was recognised by the staff, and checked in. Even as a mere Gold (after being downgraded from Plat), I was given the room of my choice, with a view of Chicago in the main block (as the executive wing is a 10 mile hike back and forth - especially when you travel with the idiot amount of luggage).

Going to the room on the 9th Floor, City View it was pleasant enough, but there were a few little changes...
1) The "Hyatt" branded pens have gone. I know it's a little thing, but generic black pens don't make good take-away gifts
2) The Internet Provider has changed from T-Mobile to PSAV (and this later is a major source of trouble)
3) The housekeeping team were only refershing bathroom supplies once every two days.

Housekeeping were efficient, with rooms tidied and put back in a good condition each day. The bed itself was heavenly as usual.

Now, the internet service (payable as a two-tier service, for either $9.95+Tax or $14.95+Tax - GP Diamond/Plat get the basic level FOC) was droppy as heck with the WiFi giving out once an hour - Not great particularly.

Then on Friday night at 6pm, the whole service went bang for 4-6 hour. Very Inconvenient. During the remainder of the weekend period, the service was varying from droppy to completely unstable and unusable (with people doing WiFi dances to get signal).

Eventually, the Internet service straightened out on Sunday night - whilst still droppy, it was useable - which was an improvement.

I dined at the Red Bar on the Sunday evening - food was delivered promptly and as usual - tasted excellent. Pizza, Wings and a drink set me back about $30.

Check out was quick, with the 3 days of internet service failing not charged to the account.

Overall.

An "Ok" stay. Whilst the conference staff and house staff did well, I can't help feeling corners are starting to be cut in places and it shows in little places (like bathroom toiletries and pens). The internet issue was quite frankly unacceptable (and when you're sat in a booth all weekend, it provides entertainment as well as access to payment engines).

Would I go back?

Probably - the last thing you want to do after a long event is to spend more time crawling to other hotels which can be miles away...
Old Apr 8, 2011, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I agree about the internet issues. It took me fifteen minutes on the phone with the front desk, to be able to connect to the room WIFI..
Old Apr 8, 2011, 7:23 pm

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Well top marks to Hyatt Regency O'Hare today.

Yesterday, I made a point of filling in the post stay survey (as I always tend to do when a survey pops through my inbox).

Today, I got a revised invoice and an apology, with the internet charge removed.

Top marks - and a way to boost my confiedence back in the hotel ^.
Old May 29, 2011, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Much improved and now a solid choice

I had a couple problem stays at this property last year and consequently stopped staying there. However, I mentioned my concerns to a manager at the time, not really expecting much to change. Fast-forward to March of this year. I decided to try them out again and lo and behold two perfect stays ^ I would now definitely recommend them over the Rosemont Hyatt.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 2:34 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, UA zilch, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Presidents
i'm staying there 2 nights this week and have a regency club upgrade certificate. worth using here or wait for another trip later in the year? i'm a plat so might I end up with an upgrade anyway for a mon/tues night stay? this is with a midnight arrival and not much of morning sticking around, though i will have one evening free if not consumed in conference meetings.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 2:40 pm

Programs: Krisflyer (SQ) Gold Membership, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Accor Platinum and Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by brarrr
i'm staying there 2 nights this week and have a regency club upgrade certificate. worth using here or wait for another trip later in the year? i'm a plat so might I end up with an upgrade anyway for a mon/tues night stay? this is with a midnight arrival and not much of morning sticking around, though i will have one evening free if not consumed in conference meetings.
Platinum does not entitle to have Regency Club Access. By looking at your arrival times, I suggest you to keep the Regency Club certificate and take a free food in the conference meetings

The food will be nearly the same, except, hot food! Hope it helps
Old Jul 16, 2011, 5:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Silver, Delta Platinum, AA Platinum Pro
One-night stay July 15

Just concluded a one-night stay here. Upgraded to a Plaza Suite without asking. Nice living room are with large desk (chair and bench), two leather Barcelona-style chairs, and a sofa. Bathroom very small. Bedroom partially open to living room. Adequate, but not much extra room.

Regency Club staff during the day were exceptionally friendly and snacks seems to have been upgraded a bit: lots of bowls with various nuts and dried fruits in addition to what you'd usually expect. One hot entree with the usual bfast fare. First time I've ever paid real prices for wine in a RC: glass was $7.

Enjoyed lunch in the main restaurant. Excellent presentation, appropriate portion size, plenty of healthy menu options.

Was very surprised to get an email apologizing for a room not being ready when I arrived (11:00 a.m.). Even more surprised to get a card slipped other my room door apologizing again and offering a free appetizer at the bar, one day Internet, or an in-room movie. Not sure it is to the property's advantage to be offering compensation for not getting me a really early check-in (they got me in just before 12), but it was still very thoughtful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.