Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Osaka (Left Hyatt 30 June 2023) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Osaka (Left Hyatt 30 June 2023) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2021, 7:12 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Am here now and they are back to serving alcohol until 19:00 (lounge still at Basilico on all days except Saturday), starting today. Also got an upgrade to the Diplomatic Suite, which is overkill honestly (not complaining!). The hotel finally now recognizes me as a regular repeat, and had a very nice welcome gift waiting in the suite as well on check in, including a note from the GM, Miriam Varoli.

Again, I know the location can be an issue for some people, but now I don't stay anywhere else in Osaka, even with Marriott and all their hotels in the region. This is my go-to getaway. I love the quiet leafy environs of this island, the easy connect with the shuttle or the Chuo line to the town and in general the staff and the overall experience at this hotel. Can't believe this is my fourth stay in less than a year.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by porphyra
Am here now and they are back to serving alcohol until 19:00 (lounge still at Basilico on all days except Saturday), starting today. Also got an upgrade to the Diplomatic Suite, which is overkill honestly (not complaining!).
I believe this is one of the rare rooms with a window in the bedroom that opens fully, to the point where you could actually get out and walk outside!
Old Mar 29, 2022, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The property is now shaving one hour off of stays.

From April 1, 2022, the check-in time will be changed as follows.

Check-in time
Stays booked before March 31, 2022 14:00
Stays booked after April 1, 2022 15:00

The check-out time will remain unchanged at 12:00.
Thank you very much for your understanding.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 2:13 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, Hyatt
I see that this hotel is remote but was a Universal Resort hotel. Taxi time to the park seems same as from w Osaka… what’s the benefit? I’m taking son to Super Nintendo land in 2023 and wonder if we should stay here for those nights. It’s much less expensive than w Osaka.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tripmaster
I see that this hotel is remote but was a Universal Resort hotel. Taxi time to the park seems same as from w Osaka… what’s the benefit? I’m taking son to Super Nintendo land in 2023 and wonder if we should stay here for those nights. It’s much less expensive than w Osaka.
Probably just cost savings based on location and generous Globalist upgrades.
tripmaster likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 9:34 pm

Programs: n/a
deiciding between this and a hilton hotel
i always love hyatt properties but well be first time travelers with our toddler. would this location and having a toddler change anyones mind to choosing a more central downtown location like hilton instead of this property?
Old Sep 27, 2022, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes. Choose the Hilton or Conrad.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 7:53 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
hyatt regency Osaka - help please

I can't seem to find a review thread - so any info on this hotel? Any recent info on offerings in the Regency club (is it worth paying an extra $30 for one person)? I am aware of its location but any comments about places to eat nearby (walking distance), etc. appreciated.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 8:15 pm

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...er-thread.html

Googled "hyatt osaka flyertalk" and it was the second result I believe. Generally I have good luck with typing the city the word hyatt and flyertalk.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by antonius66
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...er-thread.html

Googled "hyatt osaka flyertalk" and it was the second result I believe. Generally I have good luck with typing the city the word hyatt and flyertalk.
Thank you - I search a different way and was't as effective. But, sadly, nothing recent so still trying to get info from recent (eg more recent than Jan 2021) !
Old Oct 3, 2022, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by estnet
Thank you - I search a different way and was't as effective. But, sadly, nothing recent so still trying to get info from recent (eg more recent than Jan 2021) !
As I am sure you are well aware, practically no foreigners have been allowed into Japan since Jan 2021. So anything recent would rely on the handful of FTers resident in Japan.

Anecdotally though, I understand that the Japanese approach to COVID was to keep out outsiders, but for life inside its borders to go on as normal. Assuming that little has changed at this hotel, you can definitely make a meal out of the lounge offerings, and the drinks on offer are also decent...
Old Oct 3, 2022, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
As I am sure you are well aware, practically no foreigners have been allowed into Japan since Jan 2021. So anything recent would rely on the handful of FTers resident in Japan.

Anecdotally though, I understand that the Japanese approach to COVID was to keep out outsiders, but for life inside its borders to go on as normal. Assuming that little has changed at this hotel, you can definitely make a meal out of the lounge offerings, and the drinks on offer are also decent...
Yes, but many Japanese speak English and some even post her. Things did change during covid - lounge closed, happy hour in a restaurant including full meal, etc per posts here. None recent though,
Old Oct 3, 2022, 10:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by estnet
Yes, but many Japanese speak English and some even post her. Things did change during covid - lounge closed, happy hour in a restaurant including full meal, etc per posts here. None recent though,
The regency club lounge info on the hotel’s website seems to be up to date. Lots of mid range, fast food, family type dining at the mall a few minutes walk from the hotel. Not much by way of bars or late night dining.
estnet, demue and Warriorconcept like this.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Any recent updates particularly to club lounge? I don’t mind the location. Last I was here before Covid the “lounge” was actually an area sectioned off by the main floor bar and breakfast was in the restaurant.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 11:33 am

Guys, on the hotel website it says the Airport Limousine Bus from KIX stops at the hotel, but anyone knows if it's still the case now in 2023?

Also is there a good transportation option to Itami airport from the hotel?

TIA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.