Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Osaka (Left Hyatt 30 June 2023) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Osaka (Left Hyatt 30 June 2023) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2016, 1:12 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The bus stop is under the overpass where a lot of other shuttle buses stop as well.... The Hyatt bus stops somewhere near the middle, look for the (small) sign.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 3:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by serfty
- Upgrades for Diamond generally are to rooms on 26th floor.
- Club Lounge on 26th floor open all day - coffee and simple drinks/snacks available.
- Evening cocktail in lounge off the lobby.
- For Breakfast Diamonds can choose between the lobby lounge or restaurant (is there any option on the 26th floor club lounge?).
- Diamonds almost never get a room on the 26th floor; those go to guests paying for a "Club " room; they're paying for it so they tend to expect it, even though the club lounge is no longer really there. There's a chance you'll get a Club Deluxe room, otherwise a Deluxe room on a slightly lower floor.

- 26th floor lounge open early morning (6 I think) until 10 pm. Coffee machine (often runs out of milk for latte/cappuccino; there is phone outside that you can use to call for help if the machine is having problems), tea bags, jugs of ice water, and cookies (often just crumbs on a weekend when there are lots of kids). Nothing else. Still popular with some guests for meetings, work, the view, after checkout, or as a place where they can let their kids run wild.

- Evening cocktails in lobby lounge 6-8 pm

- Breakfast in the restaurant until 10:30 weekdays, 11 AM weekends. Breakfast may or may not be available in the lobby lounge, and if so, only at especially busy periods. On weekdays I believe lobby lounge services do not start until 11 am. Lobby lounge is not exclusive to Club/Diamond guests, but also serves the public; very popular desert buffet/high tea on weekends. There is a menu of comp drinks for Club/Diamond guests, 2 jars of cookies, and some fruit during the day. As hailstorm said, they have an excellent Royal Milk Tea.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Lobby lounge is not exclusive to Club/Diamond guests, but also serves the public
I believe that the Lobby Lounge is only open to the general public until 5 or 6 pm. Evening Cocktail time onward is Diamond exclusive .

Evening cocktails include a nice selection of appetizers that I had no trouble turning into a meal. Although official time is 6 to 8, I saw a family come in after 8:20, and they left all the items out until they picked out everything that they wanted.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
I believe that the Lobby Lounge is only open to the general public until 5 or 6 pm. Evening Cocktail time onward is Diamond exclusive .

Evening cocktails include a nice selection of appetizers that I had no trouble turning into a meal. Although official time is 6 to 8, I saw a family come in after 8:20, and they left all the items out until they picked out everything that they wanted.
You are most certainly correct about the lobby lounge being closed to the public during the evening cocktail time, which is what I meant to say. However, it is not Diamond exclusive, but also open to paying Club guests, but I imagine that is what you meant to say.

I too have seen the food left out well after 8 pm on more than once occasion, although the wines and other drinks were cleared more quickly. However, we were there last night and it was the reverse, they cleared the food first, so it was all gone by about 8:10, but the drinks were still out. It may have been that there was not a lot of food left at 8 pm so they decided to clear the empty serving trays before breaking down the bar.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Thanks to all - the picture is greatly clarified.

Also, the bus stop links have been provided on another thread, thankyou to NewbieRunner: ^
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Hotel shuttle bus stops at Osaka Station

Hotel shuttle bus stops are located near the Sakurabashi Exit of JR Osaka Station under the railway tracks. Here is a step-by-step guide from ANA Crowne Plaza but other hotel bus stops are also in the same area. Some stops appear to be on the opposite side of the road.

Here is Google Street View of the area with the Sakurabashi Exit on the right.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 4:49 am

Also, the bus stop links have been provided on another thread, thankyou to NewbieRunner: ^
Don't cross the street.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold

I'm a little sad to hear that your sense of adventure is so diminished that you cannot take a 30 meter walk without Google Street View affirmation.

You will likely have a harder time finding the proper exit than finding the bus stop from said exit.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 5:39 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
You will likely have a harder time finding the proper exit than finding the bus stop from said exit.
+1
Old Mar 21, 2016, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm a little sad to hear that your sense of adventure is so diminished that you cannot take a 30 meter walk without Google Street View affirmation.
I am myself sad to see such expression - are you always that negative (or Judgmental)?

I have navigated the area before, more than once, but was staying at the Hilton each time - first time was more than 5 years ago. Much around the area then was under construction. On a subsequent trips I worked out how to navigate to/from the Hilton using the subterranean passageways.

Little of that is of any use this time. The area is pretty barren, busy weekdays and somewhat less busy on weekends.

I've been there and done that, so won't be sightseeing. I just want to get off my train after traveling from ITM and make the bus to the hotel, miss one and it's another 30 minutes. It will be late afternoon and don't want to waste time. So I ask for assistance.
Sure, but at least from the ANA link I know it's the South West exit. Indeed I have mastered the station, just wanted to know where exactly the bus stop was.

Last edited by serfty; Mar 21, 2016 at 6:08 am
Old Mar 21, 2016, 6:21 am

As I said, don't cross the street. The Hyatt bus is on the opposite side of the street from the bus for the Crowne Plaza in NewbieRunner's step-by-step.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 6:54 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Ok stop with the bickering!!

Peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt
Old Mar 21, 2016, 7:32 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I have navigated the area before, more than once, but was staying at the Hilton each time - first time was more than 5 years ago. Much around the area then was under construction. On a subsequent trips I worked out how to navigate to/from the Hilton using the subterranean passageways.
When I was there in January the area in front of JR Osaka Station was still a construction site. I believe the work will go on for a while.

I just want to get off my train after traveling from ITM and make the bus to the hotel, miss one and it's another 30 minutes. It will be late afternoon and don't want to waste time. So I ask for assistance.
You seem to know Osaka better than I do but trains from ITM will involve the monorail and Hankyu or Midosuji Subway lines (the former is quicker) and take you to Umeda (Station) which is on the other side of JR Osaka Station from the shuttle bus stops. An alternative would be a limousine bus to Osaka Station although the actual stop seems to depend on the service. Herbis and Maru Bldg. are on the west and east side of the Hilton respectively. The New Hankyu Hotel is next to the Hankyu Umeda Station.

As I said, don't cross the street. The Hyatt bus is on the opposite side of the street from the bus for the Crowne Plaza in NewbieRunner's step-by-step.
I gathered by looking at various hotels' shuttle bus information that some use the station (east) side of the street while others use the west side. Thanks for the confirmation.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
trains from ITM will involve the monorail and Hankyu or Midosuji Subway lines (the former is quicker) and take you to Umeda (Station)
In spite of living here for 35+ yrs, I would have to research the best route from Itami airport to the west side of JR Osaka Station where the Hyatt bus leaves from, but I do know that I would not like the hike from Hankyu Umeda. I'm sure that the Midosuji Subway would be an easier transfer than Hankyu. The limousine buses from Itami in the evening can be dreadfully slow.

The "get off my train .. from ITM" really through me...

Last edited by peteropny; Mar 25, 2016 at 10:22 am Reason: Fixed quote
Old Mar 21, 2016, 10:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Was hoping to see if the experts here could help with a question. My family has decided to spend 3 nights in the Osaka/Kyoto area. I know a day trip to Nara is in the works but other than that nothing else. It will be 4 of us (2 adults 2 kids). We will take a train into the area and fly out from KIX.

I believe at the Kyoto property, rooms there are too small for doing us all in 1 room. So I was thinking about maybe 2 nights at Kyoto with 2 rooms, and then 1 night here with a DSU or is the deluxe big enough for a family? I understand that the Tokyo properties (Andaz + PH) are ok with 2 kids in existing bedding, but wasn't sure for these properties.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated - can't wait for our first visit to Japan!
Old Mar 21, 2016, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The "get off my train .. from ITM" really through me...

I had already factored the monorail and transfer using the Hankyu. The Midousuji option seems interesting however - thanks - I'll check it out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.