Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Osaka (Left Hyatt 30 June 2023) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Osaka (Left Hyatt 30 June 2023) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2017, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Gee, we've never been upgraded to the Diplomat Suite unless using a DSU.

We did use a DSU in Dec and just got the normal suite, which did not have a Nespresso machine (yet), but it did have Ren toiletries, which is new, so I imagine you also had then in the Diplomat suite.
I did use a DSU. On a two night P+C stay.

The Diplomat Suite did in fact have the Ren toiletries.

The Communications Manager set me up to try drinks and canapes in the Bay Lounge. The Lounge itself was quite nice, and I'm sure I would have been impressed with the view had I not already soaked up that same view from my room two floors below. The tiny Wagyu Hamburger set I tried was delicious, but I probably wouldn't actually pay 1500 yen for them.

I tried out the free bicycle rental service, which I couldn't find advertised anywhere on the website. Unlike Park Hyatt Tokyo, there are lots of bicycle friendly roads and paths to explore, and it's hard to get lost with that huge monolith next to the hotel visible from almost everywhere in the vicinity.

Strawberry Mania was pretty decent, but I wouldn't go out of my way for it over RC Osaka's offering.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Diplomat Suite Nespresso Machine

Somewhat superfluous though, with the empty club lounge with a superior coffee maker just a 30 second walk away.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 11, 2017, 8:38 am

Am wondering if I spotted...

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Am wondering if I spotted OsakaWino in the club lounge Saturday Night, talking with the Assistant F&B Director?
That might have been me. Please feel free to introduce yourself if you see me there.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mark McCracken
That might have been me. Please feel free to introduce yourself if you see me there.
Might have been! I figured it would be a Flyertalker!

I'm not the kind of guy to do a cold intro of myself, but will definitely say hi should I see you there again in the future.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 9:10 am

A few notes from a stay in Feb 2017
- DSU got the Regency Suite King
- Be aware that nearly every available electrical outlet in the living and bed rooms of the Regency Suite are connected to the room dimmers - a little inconvenient when looking for somewhere to charge devices overnight. There is one outlet my the bed that is always on, otherwise unplugging the TV/mini-bar fridge is the way to go.
- In the Regency Suite King there were still Ren toiletries
- The Regency Suite King also had a Nespresso machine (annoyingly it was on a dimmer too!)
- They claim to be out of Diamond amenities - I assume in preparation for World of Hyatt...
- At breakfast in the Cafe, they place a large sign out now in the evening and morning showing expected wait times for breakfast. During our stay it was shown that during weekdays 6:30-8:30 was a 10-20min wait, 8:30-9:30 a 10min wait and 9:30-10:30 no wait. Weekends 6:30-8:30 no wait, 8:30-9:30 10 min wait, and 9:30-10:30 10-20min wait.
- If planning on using the bus to JR Osaka Station, grab your tokens as soon as you know which bus you plan on taking. The morning buses were regularly "sold-out" and the next available was usually 90-120 mins later.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 12:15 am
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
What's the current situation with the Club Lounge - is it any good? Never stayed here before, and currently looking for some options in Osaka. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Old Apr 4, 2017, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HAT
What's the current situation with the Club Lounge - is it any good? Never stayed here before, and currently looking for some options in Osaka. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!
I just did a two part series on this hotel on my blog, where I go into the club situation in some detail.

In summary, the hotel lacks a true club lounge, but provides many club lounge services in the first floor lounge, including afternoon refreshments and evening canapes/alcohol. Full breakfast buffet is provided in a restaurant, making it one of the few Hyatts in the world where an Explorist club upgrade can be used for a restaurant breakfast.

I am quite pleased with the offerings.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
I wonder if anything has changed with WoH.

We haven't been since Dec. Since it will be impossible for me to requal for Glob, I thought we might not even stay once this year, but it now looks like we might go later this month so that our 7-night stay at PH Tokyo for GW will qualify for pts on the current promo.

The ownership apparently changed hands last fall or thereabouts. The hotel finally making money and I would expect they will start doing some soft renovations.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 3:33 am

I see no significant differences in Osaka in anything resulting from World or Hyatt or the new owners, except, of course, the discontinuation of the Diamond amenity.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 1:02 am
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by hailstorm
I just did a two part series on this hotel on my blog, where I go into the club situation in some detail.

In summary, the hotel lacks a true club lounge, but provides many club lounge services in the first floor lounge, including afternoon refreshments and evening canapes/alcohol. Full breakfast buffet is provided in a restaurant, making it one of the few Hyatts in the world where an Explorist club upgrade can be used for a restaurant breakfast.

I am quite pleased with the offerings.
Thanks buddy, huge help!
Old Jan 3, 2018, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mark McCracken
I see no significant differences in Osaka in anything resulting from World or Hyatt or the new owners, except, of course, the discontinuation of the Diamond amenity.
Stayed here for three nights over New Years. Got use of breakfast and the lounge by virtue for using points to upgrade from a base room to a suite. Everything I was used to from last year for evening offerings seemed basically identical, though they seemed more stingy in closing things down earlier (one night the alcohol disappeared five minutes before closing time). They opened up the Lobby Lounge for breakfast and we had to use that; seemed pretty much identical to the spread in the restaurant, but it was quite cold, and had to take a coat to eat there.

No suite class upgrade, but we did get a Regency Suite on the 27th floor. If you are not a partier, you do NOT want this room on New Years Eve! The party going on above rings quite loudly, and the very heavy bass kept us awake for much of the night.

The whole place seemed quite busy. The game room was always very active, and even the usually empty 26th floor unmanned lounge usually had at least three or four people in it whenever I visited.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 2:40 am

Programs: HYATT Globalist Alaska 100k
Any recent stays and reviews?
Old Mar 31, 2018, 4:29 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Two weeks ago. Nothing has changed. Still decent club/breakfast benefits for Cat 2, but dreadful location. Do you have anything particular you’d like to know?
Old Mar 31, 2018, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jpdx
Two weeks ago. Nothing has changed. Still decent club/breakfast benefits for Cat 2, but dreadful location. Do you have anything particular you’d like to know?
Did they give you the Diplomatic suite as the Globbler upgrade?
Old Mar 31, 2018, 5:57 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by Aventine
Did they give you the Diplomatic suite as the Globbler upgrade?
Oh god no. I've only ever had standard rooms here. High floor, but ancient. In fact, I'd be delighted if I could get them to honor my request for non connecting rooms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.