Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Osaka (Left Hyatt 30 June 2023) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Osaka (Left Hyatt 30 June 2023) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2021, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by porphyra
What are the globalist upgrade odds at this hotel? Would like to spend a week here - have a day's work in Osaka but am figuring out whether I want to extend the week to make most of the promo before its end. The rates are quite good as usual, but given that I will be mostly working during the day, would really appreciate a suite upgrade. Occupancy from faux bookings seems quiet low (as to be expected - both Tokyo and Osaka are on emergency restrictions).
They're pretty good about upgrading Globalists. I've had 3 Diplomatic suites and 1 Regency suite over the years.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 1:15 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Aventine
They're pretty good about upgrading Globalists. I've had 3 Diplomatic suites and 1 Regency suite over the years.
However, what room did you initially reserve? The most basic room, already a base suite, or somewhere in between?
Old Jan 18, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by wchinchen
However, what room did you initially reserve? The most basic room, already a base suite, or somewhere in between?
King room. A few times were also point stays.
HaleiwaFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Thanks to you and everyone else for the advice. It sounds like the HR Osaka is a nice hotel but doesn't really meet my needs. I'll check it the Conrad; I think I have an Amex offer for them. And I have whenever Hilton status you get for free with the Amex Plat, whatever that's worth (probably not much...)
For Osaka I can recommend you the Conrad, Intercontinental, St. Regis and the new W Osaka.

It really baffles me that Hyatt still hasn't managed to come up with a better option for another Osaka property aside from the PH Kyoto.
Old May 31, 2021, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
From today, the Hyatt Regency Osaka is offering a plan for renting out the entire 17th floor.

https://prtimes.jp/main/html/rd/p/00...000012793.html

It looks like the floor's Diplomat Suite has been repurposed into a dedicated club lounge offering drinks, fruits, snacks, and other light food. Other rooms have also been remodeled to provide a private game room, gym, office, and relaxation center. Seven deluxe guest rooms and one premium guest room is open for sleeping arrangements. Room service Italian dinner is also included.

Base rate is 302,000 yen a night plus taxes and fees, with accommodations for up to 21 people.
Old May 31, 2021, 8:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by hailstorm
From today, the Hyatt Regency Osaka is offering a plan for renting out the entire 17th floor.

https://prtimes.jp/main/html/rd/p/00...000012793.html

It looks like the floor's Diplomat Suite has been repurposed into a dedicated club lounge offering drinks, fruits, snacks, and other light food. Other rooms have also been remodeled to provide a private game room, gym, office, and relaxation center. Seven deluxe guest rooms and one premium guest room is open for sleeping arrangements. Room service Italian dinner is also included.

Base rate is 302,000 yen a night plus taxes and fees, with accommodations for up to 21 people.
Seems like it violates at least the intent if not the letter of the government guidelines, especially in view of the prefectures stricter regulations during the state of emergency.
Old May 31, 2021, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Seems like it violates at least the intent if not the letter of the government guidelines, especially in view of the prefectures stricter regulations during the state of emergency.
What government guideline would that be?
Old May 31, 2021, 11:19 pm

What government guideline would that be?
To avoid eating/drinking is groups of more than 4 people not of the same household.

And if the lounge is open 24 hours and if "unlimited drinks" includes alcohol, Osaka Prefecture is requiring restaurants/bars (which would seem to include hotel lounges) to not serve any alcohol at all and to close at 8 pm.

This idea of up to 21 people staying on a single floor with a private lounge sounds a bit like a college frat party. It sure seems to me like it is not in line with what the government is asking of the public right now.
Old May 31, 2021, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
To avoid eating/drinking is groups of more than 4 people not of the same household.

And if the lounge is open 24 hours and if "unlimited drinks" includes alcohol, Osaka Prefecture is requiring restaurants/bars (which would seem to include hotel lounges) to not serve any alcohol at all and to close at 8 pm.

This idea of up to 21 people staying on a single floor with a private lounge sounds a bit like a college frat party. It sure seems to me like it is not in line with what the government is asking of the public right now.
There are several rooms on the floor. People can choose to eat separately. There's nothing that suggests that free alcohol is a part of the deal either. And the plan itself is irrespective of any existing state of emergency, upon which additional policies would likely apply.

The hotel is not forcing people to break any guidelines, but it's also not their place to police their guests, especially with regards to conduct that is not illegal.
Old May 31, 2021, 11:48 pm

There's nothing that suggests that free alcohol is a part of the deal either.
The plan clearly states "unlimited free drinks" and the photo of the lounge shows bottles of wine.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 12:03 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
What is the status of the lounge here? Given that USJ is opening starting today, was thinking of a quick hop in and out. I love this property anyways.

I forgot to update on my last 1 week stay in late January/Early February. As OsakaWino mentioned it was a Club Access Premium which I really enjoyed. The highlight however, was that the "lounge" was repurposed to Basilico, which provided a 3 course meal with drinks every evening with rotating menus. The quality of food over lounge food was so good that we did 3 meals here. In fact on the Saturday when they reverted back to the lounge, it was kind of a let down.

Either ways, for the price and to my the location - it is a great stay in Osaka. This won't work for 99% of the travelers to Osaka but I now don't stay elsewhere unless I need to be in the Namba area.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What is the status of the lounge here? Given that USJ is opening starting today, was thinking of a quick hop in and out.
Important Notice on temporarily operational changes

The safety and wellbeing of our guests and colleagues is always a top priority for us. In light of the COVID-19 situation and for precautionary measures, the service of Regency Club is changed until further notice.
We sincerely thank you for your understanding and continued loyalty.

The Lounge on the 28th floor will open from 10:30 –20:00 daily.
Tea, coffee, water and juice will be available on a self-serve basis.

Breakfast Experience
Served in The Cafe on lobby level from 06:30 – 10:30
(Saturday and Sunday: 06:30 – 11:00)

Afternoon Refreshment
Served in the Regency Club Lounge from 13:00 – 17:00

Evening Cocktail Experience
Please enjoy a selection of non-alcoholic beverages during the suspension period of alcoholic beverage service.
From Sunday to Friday, light dinner option will be served in Basilico on B1 level from 17:30 – 20:00(food last order 19:30)
On Saturday, evening cocktail will be served at Regency Club Lounge on level 28 from 17:30 – 19:30

Please ask our staff for more details.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 12:14 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Thanks and I did see that. In Japanese it mentions enjoy this until 31 May so was wondering if this changed today or is simply extended. I do expect it to continue until 20th June though!

https://hyattregencyosaka.com/facili...nge/index.htmlイブニングカクテル
アルコール飲料の提供休止中の5月31日までは、ノンアルコール飲料の数々をお愉しみください。
日~金曜日は、B1Fバジリコにて17:30~20:00(フードラストオーダー19:30)の間ライトデ ィナーをご用意いたしております。
土曜日は、28Fリージェンシークラブラウンジにて17:30~19:30の間ご提供いたしま す。状況に応じて変更となる場合がございます。
詳しくはホテルまでお問い合わせください。
Old Jun 1, 2021, 12:18 am

What is the status of the lounge here? Given that USJ is opening starting today, was thinking of a quick hop in and out. I love this property anyways.

I forgot to update on my last 1 week stay in late January/Early February. As OsakaWino mentioned it was a Club Access Premium which I really enjoyed. The highlight however, was that the "lounge" was repurposed to Basilico, which provided a 3 course meal with drinks every evening with rotating menus. The quality of food over lounge food was so good that we did 3 meals here. In fact on the Saturday when they reverted back to the lounge, it was kind of a let down.

Either ways, for the price and to my the location - it is a great stay in Osaka. This won't work for 99% of the travelers to Osaka but I now don't stay elsewhere unless I need to be in the Namba area.
They have no updated their site and it says through 5/31, but with the extension of the state of emergency until 6/20, everything will likely remain the same: Breakfast in the Cafe, afternoon service in the lounge 1300-1700, evening service in Basilico Mon-Fri 1730-200 and in the 28F lounge Sat & Sun 1730-1930; no alcoholic drinks.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Site information for Basilico mentions no liquor through the 20th.

http://www.hyattregencyosaka.com/res...formation.html

4月25日~6月20日までの間、レストランの営業を20時、テイクアウトを21時までの営業とさせていた だきます。

ランチ&ディナー
11:30~20:00 L.O 19:30
※ノンアルコール飲料のみのご提供となります。
テイクアウト
11:30~21:00

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.