Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Osaka (Left Hyatt 30 June 2023) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Osaka (Left Hyatt 30 June 2023) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2023, 12:23 pm

Maybe ridiculous, but I'm looking for a nudge. I'm booked here for three weeks in May. I've always been treated well at this property in the past (...as a Lifetime Globalist). Would you expect better, equal, or poorer treatment during the transition? I can argue with myself over any of the three. I have lifetime elite status with two other brands, so I have options, but the HR has always been my preferred choice. Thanks.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
Maybe ridiculous, but I'm looking for a nudge. I'm booked here for three weeks in May. I've always been treated well at this property in the past (...as a Lifetime Globalist). Would you expect better, equal, or poorer treatment during the transition? I can argue with myself over any of the three. I have lifetime elite status with two other brands, so I have options, but the HR has always been my preferred choice. Thanks.
It's Japan; I expect that you will be treated well. If the rules say that you get something then you will get it.

Can I ask why you prefer to stay at this property? What do you do while in Osaka? I found the location to be a deal breaker for me. It's a 45 minute subway ride to go anywhere and a $35 cab ride back if you are out past midnight.
365RoadWarrior likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
It's Japan; I expect that you will be treated well. If the rules say that you get something then you will get it.

Can I ask why you prefer to stay at this property? What do you do while in Osaka? I found the location to be a deal breaker for me. It's a 45 minute subway ride to go anywhere and a $35 cab ride back if you are out past midnight.
Osaka is a holiday spot for me. I walk. Twelve, fourteen, ... hours a day. Unfortunately, I can't really walk where I spend most of my time. I have no interest in shopping (hey, 365 days means I haul everything I own). This hotel is one possible starting point for walks. I can hop the metro - admittedly a limited line - and get to others. Now that the mall across from the hotel is livelier, I can get what I need there. Quiet.
craigthemif likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 4:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
If you like the property, then I can see no reason not to stay. For me it has always been a bit noisy with the hotroders and sometimes the convention center, and I always found the beds lumpy and uncomfortable, meaning I seldom got a good nights sleep. But the lounge ambience is great, and the public bath is wonderful.

I can't see how you would get lesser treatment during the transition. The lower part of the hotel will become a Grand Prince and Hoshino will continue to operate the top floors as an upscale hotel, so it is not like they are writing off the property; it just will not longer be a Hyatt.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
I can't see how you would get lesser treatment during the transition. ...
Agreed - it was exceptional treatment at this property as a status matched Diamond in 2016 that encouraged me to pursue Hyatt status even as Diamond changed to Globalist and qualification became more difficult.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 2:09 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Any recent stays?
How is the bft?
Is there a hotel shuttle to the metro?
I cant figure out the time schedule, only 3xs a day in the morning?
https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ja...transportation
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by frank_10b
Any recent stays?
How is the bft?
Breakfast is fine. It's a normal buffet; nothing special. Eggs are made to order.

I didn't know about the free shuttle but you are about a 3-5 minute walk from a station on the "new tram" line. As usual Google maps will tell you what to connect to for wherever you want to go. It's going to take you half an hour to get anywhere but other than that it's convenient.

The annoyance is that all the public transport ends at midnight (that is, the last train arrives at the end of the line at midnight) so if you are going to be in the city and out past 11:30 or so you will end up needing a taxi to get back.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 11:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by frank_10b
Any recent stays?
How is the bft?
The shuttle bus 3 times in the morning is to Universal Studios. The shuttle to Osaka Station runs every hour, every half hour on Sat, Sun, and holidays. the time to Osaka Station is about 25 min See this link:

https://www.hyattregencyosaka.com/ac...eBus202304.pdf

The New Tram station is a 3 min walk and the Metro station at Cosmo Square is a 10 min walk, either way the total time to anywhere in the city is about the same.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 11:13 am

Hyatt Regency Osaka Losing Hyatt Affiliation as of July 1

We have an upcoming stay in mid July using points and suite upgrade. We are traveling as family of 4. Most hotels have limited availability for rooms that can accommodate 4. Hyatt has not offered any other accommodations or offered any compensation and simply have stated that they will cancel our reservation as the hotel is not going to honor point reservations. What are your thoughts on this situation? I am writing to inform you that as of July 1, 2023, the Hotel will no longer be affiliated with Hyatt. Beyond July 1, 2023, World of Hyatt members will not be eligible to receive or redeem World of Hyatt program benefits. Inquiry contact details for Seibu Prince Hotels for reservation inquiries from July 1, 2023 will be announced on the hotels website once it is made available to us. The hotel will continue to uphold consistent levels of service and professionalism, as provided to our guests for nearly 30 years, without disruption to everyday business operations.

On behalf of all employees of Hyatt Regency Osaka, we thank you for your loyalty and support.

If you have any further questions on the above, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Global Property & Guest Service +81-6-6614-7821 or your nearest Global Property & Guest Service.

Best regards,

Miriam Varoli

General Manager

Hyatt Regency Osaka
Old Apr 25, 2023, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Reported on March 28.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/133654-hyatt-regency-osaka-reviews-master-thread-31.html

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/japan/hyatt-regency-osaka/osaka/news-events#notice
Old Apr 25, 2023, 12:27 pm

What you described is consistent with what I've read about how award reservations would be handled; they would be canceled. If you had a cash stay planned, I believe I read that it might have been honored. I don't think there is any recourse, and this is one of the reasons I am avoiding hotels with known pending sales as I make my reservations for a trip later this year.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
You are out of luck.

The hotel is not obliged to accept points stays after it deflags, and Hyatt is not obliged to pay for you to stay at a non-Hyatt hotel.

Hyatt has no other hotels to offer you in Osaka.

Either you make a cash reservation at this hotel or you make alternative arrangements...
wrldwide1 likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 9:07 pm

Sorry to hear the trouble but I don't think there is much you can do in this situation. It is just bad luck.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Rebook elsewhere while you still can.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 4:53 am

I had a stay booked here for a week in mid August using points as well at a suite. I was told the same thing, that my reservations would not be honored. There is nothing Hyatt can do since the hotel would not be part of Hyatt anymore at that time. I was told to wait until after July when they would send me the new rates from the new hotel. I ended up cancelling my reservation there and booked for a different Hyatt hotel in Kyoto for a week and adjusted my itinerary instead.

Originally Posted by davevt98
We have an upcoming stay in mid July using points and suite upgrade. We are traveling as family of 4. Most hotels have limited availability for rooms that can accommodate 4. Hyatt has not offered any other accommodations or offered any compensation and simply have stated that they will cancel our reservation as the hotel is not going to honor point reservations. What are your thoughts on this situation? I am writing to inform you that as of July 1, 2023, the Hotel will no longer be affiliated with Hyatt. Beyond July 1, 2023, World of Hyatt members will not be eligible to receive or redeem World of Hyatt program benefits. Inquiry contact details for Seibu Prince Hotels for reservation inquiries from July 1, 2023 will be announced on the hotels website once it is made available to us. The hotel will continue to uphold consistent levels of service and professionalism, as provided to our guests for nearly 30 years, without disruption to everyday business operations.

On behalf of all employees of Hyatt Regency Osaka, we thank you for your loyalty and support.

If you have any further questions on the above, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Global Property & Guest Service +81-6-6614-7821.

Best regards,

Miriam Varoli

General Manager

Hyatt Regency Osaka

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.