Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Bali (Joint with Bali Hyatt pre-closing 11/14) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Bali (Joint with Bali Hyatt pre-closing 11/14) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2007, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
I did speak with a DM and his rate is now reduced to mine. They were really trying to cheat him.
How were they trying to cheat him? The way I read it he was put in a Club King Ocean, exactly what he booked. Or are you saying they tried to cheat him by putting him in a "Club Garden" room had you not intervened and told them that was unacceptable? Seeing as how he got the Club King Ocean in the end, I don't see why they reduced his rate to yours? That would mean he got much more than he paid for, correct?

BTW, not that I'm trying to argue with you, I'm just wondering. It does seem like they really were out to give you a really hard time about pretty much everything right from the very start. I wonder why.........
Old Oct 9, 2007, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by SF1K
I'm going back and forth on whether or not to use the extra points for a suite. Did you think it was worth it? Would it have been if it was just you and your wife? Do all the suites have the private plunge pool?

Thanks.
the extra points are worth the suite
I have had a couple of suites around the regency pool and they were great
if u are there for a while..
By the way have they put new beds in the old king beds in the suites were really terrible. like hard boards.
Thats what I remember as the bad thing about that hotel.
everything else was paradise.. is JOY still at the RC?? he was really nice.

Last edited by tinkybelle; Oct 9, 2007 at 8:03 pm
Old Oct 9, 2007, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
I stayed at the GH Bali for one night in July, under the same family package, and had a vastly different experience than you did... resort transfer without a problem, directed to the RC for check-in and upgraded automatically to a Club King Ocean.. Spa also gave me the discount on any massage I picked using the newly renovated treatment rooms...

Maybe I went during the low season?
Old Jun 14, 2008, 9:42 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Bali Culture ?

Which Hyatt Bali would be more in touch with the culture of Bali, I just read a thread about the Conrad Bali where the comment was made if you want to enjoy a big pool removed from Bali culture, book the Conrad.

I imagine it is tough for a western chain to get it, I'm not looking for a place overun by kids or one that doesn't reflect the local culture.

How does Hyatt stack up culture wise?
Old Jun 17, 2008, 9:11 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
Which Hyatt Bali would be more in touch with the culture of Bali, I just read a thread about the Conrad Bali where the comment was made if you want to enjoy a big pool removed from Bali culture, book the Conrad.

I imagine it is tough for a western chain to get it, I'm not looking for a place overun by kids or one that doesn't reflect the local culture.

How does Hyatt stack up culture wise?

As the Grand Hyatt is in Nusa Dua, there this no real balinese culture there, Sanur is more authentic. And off course there are those nice little cheap restaurants at the beach in Sanur.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 2:40 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I spent a single night at the GH Bali in October before moving to another property. The property was very full due to a conference which I was attending, so they didnt have many rooms open to try to shuffle us to in order to fix the problems we identified. The big problem was that our room was so filled with mold and mildew that I could hardly breath. We also thought the bed was the hardest and most uncomfortable bed we'd been on in a while and my wife being pregnant was unable to sleep in it. When we raised these 2 issues they released us from the rest of our reservation, no questions asked (which I really appreciated). There weren't many options left at reasonable prices (SPG properties were all rack rate) so we tried the St Regis. More than twice the price of the GH, but light years better. I'd question why anyone would fly all the way from the US to Bali and then stay in the GH, there are plenty of places in Hawaii or Mexico that meet or exceed it and you dont need to fly around the world.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 12:13 am

We stayed at the Grand Hyatt bali for 3 nights just last week, at the Grand Club room. The room is very clean and modern, and within 2 mins walking time to the Grand Club or the Japanese restaurant Nampu.

There are 4 wings at the GH Bali, of which 3 wings are renovated, except the North wing. If you happen to be in the north wing, the non-renovated rooms, most would not like it.

As a Diamond, was upgraded to the Grand Club room, very spacious and nice. With a partial ocean view too.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 2:33 am

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Originally Posted by stephem
(SPG properties were all rack rate) so we tried the St Regis. More than twice the price of the GH, but light years better. I'd question why anyone would fly all the way from the US to Bali and then stay in the GH, there are plenty of places in Hawaii or Mexico that meet or exceed it and you dont need to fly around the world.
5000 points

It sounds as though a matter of bad timing,as you said the hotel was very full and all other choices were full price.

I've stayed there on both paid and award nights and on most occasions have had ok/good luck.
Never had a non-remodeled room.

If you talk about mold and mildew try the Bali Hyatt.
It's not good but the hotel is cheap and RC is ok and during FFN a decent way to earn in non-USA properties and not blow the budget.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 6:32 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I had a renovated room. The phrase "lipstick on pig" comes to mind though. This is a pretty old property, I've been here a few times and this time finally made the decision it's just too worn for me, notwithstanding the cosmetic refinishing they have tried here and there. The beds are really terrible.

No # of points would have gotten us into any property, they were only offering rack rates because they only had a few rooms left.

All in all, the St Regis was worth the price.
Old Nov 9, 2008, 3:01 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by stephem
I had a renovated room. The phrase "lipstick on pig" comes to mind though. This is a pretty old property, I've been here a few times and this time finally made the decision it's just too worn for me, notwithstanding the cosmetic refinishing they have tried here and there. The beds are really terrible.

No # of points would have gotten us into any property, they were only offering rack rates because they only had a few rooms left.

All in all, the St Regis was worth the price.
I still use the Bali Hyatt each month or so, love the Sanur locality and the ease of getting to anywhere on the island. If you return, mail the FO and request a quote on one of the two story suites that front the beach. You will love them, return balconies on both floors with hammocks and outdoor sunning, outdoor dining and even a shower. Naturally two mamoth tiled bathrooms, walk in robes, the same size as a normal room, seperate dining room and lounge. I agree the hotel is old, the tiles a little faded but the suites are from another era, they will never make them this big ever again. It is unforgetable having dinner catered for in your suite, with the wall of glass windows opened, and the soft evening breeze flickering the candles, the palm trees illuminated and the sound of the waves crashing on the beach. Might be worth one more visit to experience the old Bali, regards bkkrop
Old Nov 28, 2008, 5:30 am

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
Anyone has Hyatt Regency Bali contact email besides the one listed on the website.

I sent an email one week ago, but no one replied.
Old Nov 29, 2008, 10:57 am

Programs: UA 2MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG
Currently at the GH Bali in a RC suite overlooking the pool. It's our 10th stay at the property, and while the service isn't as personalized as our prior visits, I still like the Nusa Dua location and overall, it's a good value.

Beds are very comfy, but the nocturnal frogs are making a racket and woke me up. I don't recall this happening before.

First time staying as a GP Diamond and no diamond gifts. Actually, no GP gifts either- in past stays they would provide a Balinese-themed gift each night. Is this typical for others that have stayed this year?
Old Nov 29, 2008, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
I stayed just last week at the RC suite never heard any frogs,good value on points.

Checking in and out a few times I never once recieved type Diamond amenity.2 1/2 years ago they had nice T-shirts layed out on the bed but that deal ended a long time ago.

I guess RC access is your Diamond amenity.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Can anyone give me any specifics on the equipment in the fitness center on the resort? I've done short stays there in the past but didn't work out in the gym. Specifically interested in types of cardio equipment (do they have an elliptical runner?) and classes that might be on offer.

Detailed question I know, but I'm trying to not get off my training regimen while I'm gone so I'll be working out a couple of hours a day while on vacation and need to plan for what I'll be doing.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Originally Posted by techgirl
Can anyone give me any specifics on the equipment in the fitness center on the resort? I've done short stays there in the past but didn't work out in the gym. Specifically interested in types of cardio equipment (do they have an elliptical runner?) and classes that might be on offer.
I will answer my own question so if anyone is looking for the information in the future, it will be here.

Grand Hyatt Bay Club:

Well-equipped Life Fitness gym.

Three treadmills, two elliptical runners, two elliptical climbers, four standard bikes, one spin bike. No machines are heart-rate monitor equipped.

Several Life Fitness weight machines (including a couple I've never seen in hotel gyms before which was a nice bonus), free weights and dumbbells, stability ball, flat, incline, and reverse incline benches. Mirrored studio with barre for stretching. Separate classroom studio (stretching offered each morning, aerobics each afternoon).

Machines in good condition. Gym air-conditioned. Three or four flat screen televisions kept at low volume. Towels (large and small) provided and water cooler with cups.

Separate facility room with wet and dry saunas, steam bath, and jacuzzi. Private plunge pool for Bay Club guests.

View overlooks the pool which backs up to the convention center.

Entrance to Bay Club is hard to find. I missed it twice. You go through the main hotel lobby and turn left instead of heading out through security. After turning left, there is a staircase down - its one floor down underneath the shops. If you get to the Uluwatu lace shop, you need to turn 180 and walk the other direction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.