Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Bali (Joint with Bali Hyatt pre-closing 11/14) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Bali (Joint with Bali Hyatt pre-closing 11/14) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2007, 11:06 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, FB Platinum, Emirates
Experiences how these post to GP usually?

Booked both with G2 and paid by MC, so I should earn a bonus of 4K and a FFN. Only Bali Has posted so far (took a week), and without the G2 bonus. I want to use the FFN in Tokyo at the beginning of Mafrch, so hopefully the GH posts soon and they got the MC notation correct.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 11:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond
Bali & G2

Bali GH & Bali Hyatt has never posted the G2 automatically. I have always had to call GP to have this manually posted. I have also never had them post the stay as MC eligible and had to call GP as well. Fortunately, the GP customer service folks are top notch and far away the best in the industry. A few keystrokes to confirm and post is all it takes.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 7:46 am

Question Bali: Grand Hyatt or Bali Hyatt?

We are planning to go to Bali around September this year and unfortunately I could not find too much up-to-date information about the two Bali Hyatt properties in this forum. Please apologize that I start a new thread on this question.

I basically would be interested in the following:
- How are the properties in general compared to each other (pools, beach, other facilities etc.)?
- How are the rooms? Any recommendations or any rooms to avoid?
- How are the Regency Club lounges?
- Have the renovations been completed?
- What kind of upgrade can we expect as a Diamond member?
- Any thoughts about bringing our two-year old junior along?

Thank you very much in advance for your comments.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA 1P; Marriott Gold; Avis First
I just booked a week (in August) at the Bali Hyatt after doing a lot of research. I'm a Marriott guy, but since they don't have a hotel on Bali (yet), I felt no real pull to any particular brand. The Bali Hyatt was my second choice after the InterContinental (which is booked when we'll be there). After a lot of research Jimbaran looked like an OK spot, but all the other hotels there besides the IC are a flippin' forture (the IC would have been right on the high end of our budget). I've talked to several friends and coworkers who have been to Bali in the last 2 years and those who stayed in Nusa Dua found it sterile and, frankly, boring. We definitely don't want to be in the chaos of Kuta (as this is a 3 year late honeymoon), but we do want to be on the beach and near some action. So, Sanur seemed like a very good post and the Bali Hyatt looks to be one of the nicer hotels in Sanur.

Plus, I just read in another thread that there is shuttle between the two Hyatts if we feel any need to visit Nusa Dua.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 12:46 am

We stayed at both GH Bali and Bali Hyatt back at the end of April. Bali Hyatt is cheaper, and has older rooms generally. GH Bali is a much better resort, but is more "sterile" like you say. Don't forget that the $/Rp exchange rate is still great, so even if you stay in GH and want to go across the island, you won't spend very much. There are more expensive shops near the GH.

We took the shuttle bus between the two, but beware that it takes about 30min-1hr to get between them.

We stayed at the Bali Hyatt to earn points for two stays. Also, our flight didn't arrive into DPS until 10pm, so we didn't want to spend 2x as much when we were only going to stay for a short while.

GH Bali should have finished their renovations by now too...
Old Jul 13, 2007, 2:13 am

Programs: LH, United, Hyatt, Air France
-GH Bali has better swimming pools and lagoons
-GH RC is better staffed therefore service is better
-GH property gives you the impression to be less crowded
-GH has a little pool in the back of the property/Balinese temple imitation which is very quiet
-No problem for the 2Y old since there is beach/pool at the GH and H - again beach at the GH is less crowded
-Rooms to avoid - some rooms at RC are facing a parking lot for taxis - which can be noisy...although going straight there to organise transport was cheaper than booking through concierge

There are also two 4Seasons in Bali but my favorite remains the Grand Hyatt. I just like to have my lunch - Nasi Goreng - on the terrasse of the restaurant facing the RC section followed by coffee in RC feeding the fishes and birds
Old Jul 17, 2007, 4:28 am

Thank you very much for your commnets.

Has anybody experience in upgrades / treatment as Diamond member at both properties?
Old Jul 18, 2007, 12:53 pm

Programs: LH, United, Hyatt, Air France
-RC upgrade (Diamond + returning guest of Grand Hyatt Bali and 4 seasons) where staff was always looking very well after me.
-Access to Health Club
-Recognition at the various restaurants in the property
-Amenities in room
Old Jul 29, 2007, 10:53 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer, OnePass, SPG Gold
The Bali Hyatt is one of the first hotels built in Sanur. The grounds are expansive and all on one level. Beware of the mold which tends to develop in the ground floor rooms. If you are assigned a ground-floor room, you may want to inspect it before you accept it. The Wantilan Cafe is beautifully situated but did seem hectic for breakfast (but that was during more popular times). Telaga Naga is a nice restaurant across the street from the hotel (and is part of the hotel) surrounded by an immense koi pond.

The Grand Hyatt is much newer and larger property (648 rooms vs. Bali Hyatt's 389). The grounds are multi-level with tall plantings, so you do not get the expansive, panoramic view that you get at the Bali Hyatt. The Grand Hyatt has a pool slide, which is fun for the kiddos (and some adults ). The Balinese dinner-dance performances at Pasar Senggol are very nice.

The monitor lizards at the Grand Hyatt tend to seek shady spots in the heat of the day, but it is not unusual for them to enter the pools to get from one favorite spot to another. I had an up-close-and-personal encounter with one around sunset one afternoon. He bumped into my shins and did an about face by pushing off my legs with his claws. The pool attendants did not seem surprised to hear about our encounter and the scratches I sustained.

But it's all part of exploring the world!
Old Oct 6, 2007, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Grand Hyatt Bali report 10/2007

Mod: Please keep open for a while so I may post and fellow FTs can comment. No problem to merge after that. Thanks.

Preface: Used UA points for free ticket on SQ in F into SIN. Came over in C as part of ticket. Friends first time on SQ and to SIN and DPS. My friend used to have highest status with Hyatt long ago and then moved to SPG.

Rate: I bought a package rate. Rate is $160 family package which includes full American breakfast, roundtrip airport transfers, childrens Club not that I brought any with me, spa discount and so forth. My friend was concerned about what type of room he would get so consented to pay $250 something plus for Club King Ocean.

Transportation: I did make the reservation the day I left the US. That being said I did not receive any type of e-mail from the Resort confirming that a car would pick us up at DPS even after entering flight info.. When we arrived into DPS there was a sea of signs and both of us did not see anything. After contacting the Grand Hyatt agent who had a list of clients which we were not on we found our driver who had my name written wrong. Really wrong for those of you who know me. Had to do. The agent let slip the cheapest Resort rate is $15 one-way. He tried to call another car and charge us before we found our driver. The slip I signed for upon arrival said $18. The DM took our return airport request last night. We will leave 2:30 hours before our flight departure time.

BTW. I keep on saving since the HSIA drops the connection often.

Parking: n/a

Check-in: The front desk is very very very bad. This being Asia you would expect some amount of professional nature. I just came off of 27 hours of travel and I was not going to take one single ounce of crud from anyone. I attempted to check-in myself but the agent kept motioning forward my friend. So we had a dual check-in. What a pain. My Diamond got me no consideration at all. At all! At least try and fake it. Please. So first my friend. He was the one who paid the big bucks for DPS. They did give him a Club room but it was only after asking five times that I was told it was a Garden View room. When I told them it should be Ocean they argued with me. Me! I produced the written screen of the reservation. Only then did they go about trying to find a room. I was ticked.

As of me. They told me they have a nice room in the wing for Gold Passport members. I listened and when I heard Garden non-Club was even more ticked. They did not even try. I looked online before leaving SIN and noted many types of Club rooms. After being asked to take a seat a number of times we both ended up with Club King Ocean. The desk is bad. Come prepared.

Perks: All in can say. Learn to beg. It is no way to come into paradise. I do not know if I was due a Diamond amenity but nothing was offered. No fruits in room. No mention of the package items I bought and how to get.

Lounge: The Lounge is an open air affair. No view. Continental breakfast only. Marginal. Sits in the middle of the Resort grounds.

Room: The rooms are nice. We both have the same thing. You enter onto marble. Break left as straight ahead is the bathroom. You have a mini bar set-up with frig.. Followed by sofa with table and one side chair. A large sets of slider doors with screen which leads to balconey. Then desk, flat older tv followed by the bed. A nice comfortable bed.

Bathroom: The bathroon is nice. Even my friend thinks so. You have a toilet room which shares a door with the bathroom main door. This is followed by a bank of doors with luggage storage, hanging and so forth. There are robes and slippers. Neat slippers. You have a double basin sink. The tub is a nice size and you have a separate but still in same area rain shower. This all being said the drain was bad and fell out onto the regular bathroom area. I had to shut the shower off to let it drain.

Internet: Wired in room. Wireless in Resort areas. I think I am paying $15 US for 24 hour period.

Gym: Will be there in a few. Will advise.

Spa: Have an appointment after breakfast. Make reservations early as it was fully booked out last evening.

Eating venues: We tried the La Salsa Bar with our free voucher drink voucher. The beer was warm and the attitude of the server chaged when he noted our voucher. Marginal. BTW. La Salsa is not Mexican food but Italian.

We did stop and have sushi. It was good and ok pricing given Resort. BTW. Here. They had no Japanese beef. You can get German and Mexican but no Japanese. Go figure but is it worth it here.

Local markets: There is supposed to be an upscale shopping area around here.

Local area: Not ventured out yet.

Nagatives: Lots.

Closing: The Conrad was less without a package. The Starwoods are also less. I will try something different next. They need an attitude adjustment.

Last edited by RTWSTARALLIANCE; Oct 6, 2007 at 4:05 pm
Old Oct 6, 2007, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Checked out of both Hyatts last month twice each.
Booked the prevailing best rate which was the so called rack rate,one of my 4 stays was credited.
Not till I got home 3 weeks latter and faxed in the folio did I get credit for the other 3.
As far as checkin and checkout was not fond of the whole proccess either.

Good luck trying to get MC noted or G3 bonus until you get home.No one I spoke to had a clue what I was speaking about. One call to GP took care of all.

Rooms at G.Hyatt Bali if you get the Grand Club room aren't bad,quite a modern feel and nice bathroom as noted above.
No Dia. amenity here,welcome fruit bowl and 2 .333 ML of water.
Old Oct 6, 2007, 6:42 pm

gee Michael I am really surprised at the treatment you received. I have been there 8 times and alwaya did the "walk": down the garden path and booked in in the RC!!

I think you should definitely make an appointment with the GM and tell him of your problems at checkin as this is definitely NOT the way to paradise.

as for diam amenity usually there is a T shirt on the bed and every night we used to get little wooden puppets. I have 30 of them!!

yes there is a good open air type shopping centre just off to the right as you leave the complex..
also if you walk out the front and go a little to the left and ahead there is a great night market with fab restaurants lots of small shopping though not very good but the seafood restaurants are extremely cheap and they are all challenging for your $

there was a fab seafood restaurant in the gardens. I think it ws the RC before te new one was built
can u take some photos of the RC and the new buildings..

I am sure things will look better today. its a fabulous complex and one of my favourites in the world.

enjoy your stay.

Last edited by tinkybelle; Oct 9, 2007 at 3:56 pm Reason: spelling
Old Oct 6, 2007, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Originally Posted by tinkybelle
as for diam amenity usulayy there is a T shirt on the bed and every night we used to get little wooden puppets. I have 30 of them!!

enjoy your stay.
No more T-Shirts as I had stayed a year ago.
Asked at Grand Club and was told no longer ..
Old Oct 6, 2007, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Ros My friend has a puppet but I don't think he knows about it. He also had fruit. So I the Diamond end up with less than he even being in the same building and floor.

I did speak with a DM and his rate is now reduced to mine. They were really trying to cheat him.

The Club is the same as before. I remember now. After a little while it all looks the same. No pics therefore. My friend was bothered he could not get a cup of coffee to go as we headed towards the gym.

Off to breakfast at La Salsa aka Italian rest.

The gym was nice but a mix of old equipment and some inop. The Gym has a private pool and no charge is Grand Club room.
Old Oct 6, 2007, 11:07 pm

The Spa was one of the most spectacular in the world. We were both amazed. The treatment was excellent. A golf cart will take you to the Spa complex. Set as villas around a central court you have true privacy and lux spa experience. $70 plus plus US for 75 minutes. Well worth it at a Resort.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.