Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Bali (Joint with Bali Hyatt pre-closing 11/14) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Bali (Joint with Bali Hyatt pre-closing 11/14) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2010, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
You likely know, but this property is going to experience a huge point inflation with the award chart change so make sure you get your stuff finalized asap.
Old May 9, 2010, 10:06 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Originally Posted by wpj
in my previous stay I booked standard room using points and I was automatically upgraded to a suite.

you get free breakfast in the grand club or the main restaurant, grand club is great atmosphere but the main restaurant have better food options.

I took the normal taxi it was much cheaper, it is safe and no issues, you have to go to the official taxi office right outside bali airport and pay there , the fare was cheap I don't remember how much but very cheap.

the trip is about 20 minutes.

I used the hotel cars to do excursions, once to the tanah lot temple, and another day to ubud , monkey forest and rice fields. It was not too expensive and more convinient, nice new minivan for 2 people.
In my 6-8 stays at GH bali I have never been upgraded for free to a suite, paid or when on points,always got a GC room or used points or e-cert for a suite,but never a suite for free.

The choice of brkfast in the main restaurant or GC,is this something new?
Bali Hyatt in Sanur does give you that option.

The taxi from the airport is 9500 IDR or a little over $10usd.Pay in advance from the taxi coupon stand.
Old May 10, 2010, 5:04 am

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
we were there over easter and paid the 8000/night for a suite which i thought well worth it (esp compared to my local option, PH Sydney). It was lovely - but i also knew nothing about being able to choose the restaurant breakfast. This is the case at the IC Bali but at the GH I thought it was only at the club
Old May 10, 2010, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Hiking the volcano is a fantastic experience. BUT... It's definitely not a day trip. On my last Bali trip, we stayed up north on the coastal slope of the volcano (about four hours drive north of the GH) and still got up predawn to drive to where we started our hike.

If you have the time to want to do that, there is a great little German dive resort up by the USS ruins that is a decent overnight camp - but it's nothing on par with the GH. Really, nothing up north is. BUT... that part of Bali is fantastic and worth experiencing to those who have the time. Fantastic snorkeling and diving too!
Old May 10, 2010, 9:36 am

Programs: AA Exec plat, DL gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat
thanks everyone for the help. I think we are going to take our chances with the standard room. From Bali we head to Hong Kong and are going to use some points at the GH there.
Old May 20, 2010, 2:04 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Priority Club Ambassador, HHonors Gold, Krisflyer
Bump.

Is this something new for Diamond members - the choice of breakfast in the main restaurant or club lounge? I thought just the lounge.
Old May 20, 2010, 6:51 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by lovtofly3
The taxi from the airport is 9500 IDR or a little over $10usd.Pay in advance from the taxi coupon stand.
Hotel is car is USD 17 - if the difference is really only $7, seems like a decent deal. I've booked the hotel car for my trip in a few weeks, its worth the extra $7 to not have to deal with grabbing a taxi on arrival.
Old May 20, 2010, 8:04 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by troyb
Hotel is car is USD 17 - if the difference is really only $7, seems like a decent deal. I've booked the hotel car for my trip in a few weeks, its worth the extra $7 to not have to deal with grabbing a taxi on arrival.
Hotel mini van is $17, limo is $35.
Old May 21, 2010, 8:24 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by peter42
Hotel mini van is $17, limo is $35.
True. But either mini van or "limo" - same thing to me, they are both private, according to the hotel. Actually, thinking about it, I would expect the mini van to be more expensive since it is bigger. The "limo" is just a normal car from what I understand, not even an upscale model.
Old May 25, 2010, 1:37 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
True. But either mini van or "limo" - same thing to me, they are both private, according to the hotel. Actually, thinking about it, I would expect the mini van to be more expensive since it is bigger. The "limo" is just a normal car from what I understand, not even an upscale model.
Limo was a Mercedes.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by ManUtd99
Bump.

Is this something new for Diamond members - the choice of breakfast in the main restaurant or club lounge? I thought just the lounge.
Yes I would be interested in hearing about this. In fact, would love to hear more about the food options in the club and on site in general.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 6:06 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Yes I would be interested in hearing about this. In fact, would love to hear more about the food options in the club and on site in general.
Over at Sanur, they have opened an egg station in the lounge, even though they always did them in their little kitchen beforehand. They are now giving you the option of having breakfast there or in the restaurant. Over at Nusa Dua they have a larger lounge and only refer you to the restaurants if there is an overflow. As with any Hyatt in the Asia Pacific region, you will not have any problems if you accidently eat and sign for your breakfast anywhere.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by BKKROP
Over at Sanur, they have opened an egg station in the lounge, even though they always did them in their little kitchen beforehand. They are now giving you the option of having breakfast there or in the restaurant. Over at Nusa Dua they have a larger lounge and only refer you to the restaurants if there is an overflow. As with any Hyatt in the Asia Pacific region, you will not have any problems if you accidently eat and sign for your breakfast anywhere.
Thanks.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 8:59 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
I would have loved to have known that you 'could' have breakfast elsewhere at nusa dua

re other food, i really liked it overall - we were at the IC the rest of the trip which was very overpriced and mostly not great food. The italian near the hyatt pool was our main choice and it was generally really good food at reasonable (hotel) prices, especially kids meals. We did prefer the teppanyaki at the IC though, and it ended up cheaper on their 'special' night
Old Jun 10, 2010, 3:52 am

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by joergi
Hi, Grand Hyatt Bali is much better than the Hyatt Regency Bali. Nicer property, nicer beach, more Restaurants etc. Grandy Hyatt offers excellent price/value.
Is this still the case?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.