FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Bali (Joint with Bali Hyatt pre-closing 11/14) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 5, 2008, 2:40 pm
stephem

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I spent a single night at the GH Bali in October before moving to another property. The property was very full due to a conference which I was attending, so they didnt have many rooms open to try to shuffle us to in order to fix the problems we identified. The big problem was that our room was so filled with mold and mildew that I could hardly breath. We also thought the bed was the hardest and most uncomfortable bed we'd been on in a while and my wife being pregnant was unable to sleep in it. When we raised these 2 issues they released us from the rest of our reservation, no questions asked (which I really appreciated). There weren't many options left at reasonable prices (SPG properties were all rack rate) so we tried the St Regis. More than twice the price of the GH, but light years better. I'd question why anyone would fly all the way from the US to Bali and then stay in the GH, there are plenty of places in Hawaii or Mexico that meet or exceed it and you dont need to fly around the world.