Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Sydney Park Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - Pre-Renovation 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sydney Park Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - Pre-Renovation 2011

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2005, 2:36 pm

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
Would love to hear about your experiences at the PH Sydney once your trip is over subdawg. I am planning a visit to Sydney in June and am contemplating where to stay.
Old Mar 10, 2005, 10:31 am

Whilst there's no running commentary about the service at the PH Sydney, there are some photos that I took of my honeymoon stay amongst these photos from our trip:

http://www.travelscholar.com/australia
Old Mar 11, 2005, 12:00 am

Those are some fantastic pictures ^ . Thank you for sharing them with us TravelScholar. Those rooms at the PH remind me of the Dusit Thani in Bangkok. It seems they ran out of drywall and decided to use glass instead .

Are the lower pictures from a trip you made to a different city in Australia or are they from New Zealand (or was that last photo of Air New Zealand just there to throw us off )?

Thanks again...oh...and you both look cute in those pictures . Congratulations ^ .
Old Mar 11, 2005, 9:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Marriott, Starwood, ThaiAir Gold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by subdawg
Were you upgraded because of Dia status, or was this a paid view? Will be going there this weekend for the first time and am crossing my fingers for an opera house view...
Unless you booked the cheapest room which is just described as "guestroom king", All of the rooms on the east and north side have spectacular views.

The cheap (well, AUD500) rooms on the west side of the hotel and nothing special at all. They are half the size of the other rooms and offer fantastic views of the road and a concrete wall.
It is very much worth it to spend the extra dollars and get the views, they are priceless.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 5:01 pm
trd

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
I have stayed twice, for three nights in 2002 and 2004, both times using points for a "guest room". The first visit I recieved a decent room, but could only see the Opera House if I stood on the balcony (but I did get to meet and visit with Keanu Reeves in the elevator . . . and he started the conversation!). Last year I had a great room and could see the Opera House while lying in bed. Contrary to a few other comments on this hotel, I have really enjoyed it, although my experiences in the restaurant were "unexciting".
Old Mar 11, 2005, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Originally Posted by BEYFlyer
...Those rooms at the PH remind me of the Dusit Thani in Bangkok...
I just returned from a stay 3/3-3/8 from the Park SYD, and enjoyed it. The rooms have been completely refurnished, with more modern decor, and the position of the desk is now by the closet against the wall dividing the bathroom/closet area, with a mini-bar that has an opening. The bathrooms are the same marble ones in the photos. The lobby has been refurnished, too, to a more modern decor.

I was given a City/Harbour view room, so no really tangible upgrade here. The opera house can be seen as soon as I stepped on the balcony.

I took full advantage of the Butler Service with requests like shoe shine, unpacking, packing.....Breakfast was good, as I was spending many all-nighters, so having breakfast at 630 and seeing the sun rise from behind the opera house.....is....simply amazing. I agree that the breakfast selection could be better, but still, it was a good one. Service was fine, with very friendly wait staff.

After experiencing the Westin where my friend were staying, I felt that the Austrailian hotels are not known for service, and hence thought that the choice at the PH was a wise one.....especially it cost me 5 FFNs.....

This is a well respected hotel in Sydney, and the staff working in the hotel are very proud of it........
Old Mar 12, 2005, 6:31 pm

just returned from another fantastic stay at the Sydney park on FFN.

Got another wonderful upgrade to a studio suite. full bridge and harbour/opera house view with 2 balconies.

I have been quite lucky now to have recieved a full diplomat suite and 2 studios on my last 4 visits.
Old Mar 13, 2005, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA2mm,HGPdiamond, AAExPlat, MarriottGold
Originally Posted by trd
I have stayed twice, for three nights in 2002 and 2004, both times using points for a "guest room". The first visit I recieved a decent room, but could only see the Opera House if I stood on the balcony (but I did get to meet and visit with Keanu Reeves in the elevator . . . and he started the conversation!). Last year I had a great room and could see the Opera House while lying in bed. Contrary to a few other comments on this hotel, I have really enjoyed it, although my experiences in the restaurant were "unexciting".
Yes, away for the US and everyone who is a US citizen becomes ones buddy. Last time I was at the PH Syd, I met Tom Cruise in the health club, he had just finished his massage and I was going in for mine!
Old Mar 14, 2005, 3:35 am

Talking

Keanu Reeves...Tom Cruise... I guess I know where I'll be staying next time I'm in Sydney (which should be this June) ...
Old Mar 14, 2005, 10:58 am

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Definitely Ph Syd....

Keanu Reeves...Tom Cruise... I guess I know where I'll be staying next time I'm in Sydney (which should be this June) ...
Just to add, the PH is a highly regarded hotel in SYD. Whenever I mentioned to people (waiters, salespeople, shopkeepers, etc) when they asked me where I am staying, they all are impressed with the PH response. The hotel is not perfect, but I think it's one of the best choices in SYD, especially staying for free! The FS and Shangri-La are quite "normal" in Sydney.....nothing to rave about....
Old Apr 5, 2005, 4:30 am

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Red face Nothing to complain about.

Staying here at the moment on FFN, for 3 nights. Upon a very early check-in(8am) was told I would get a room facing the city.. trying not to be pompous, I politely reminded the receptionist I was of Diamond status, asking for a room facing the Opera house, and that I would glady wait for sometime if one was available.She checked and came up with a straight on veiw which I profusely Thanked her for. I also received a welcome amenity(half bottle of red wine).As for the service I cannot complain(all requests were answered in minutes).The restaurant,I think was not meant to be 5*.It is there more for to take advantage of the view,which is fantastic.Looking at the lunch prices,they are not outrages.Breakfast was OK(no moldy or rotten fruit). Service was uneven,but only for the lack of staff.All and all, not much to complain here.And the view is overwhelming..

Last edited by lovtofly3; Apr 19, 2005 at 12:01 am
Old Apr 5, 2005, 8:03 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Thumbs up A positive sign with good reason and another up-date

There is good news to report since my last stay(which was considerable time ago) at the Park Hyatt Sydney
Being I was one of those that had some stong criticism on this property I wanted to amend/ update some of my past comments.
I had a bad stay and it happens in any brand from time to time.

Have received word over the last number of weeks through my colleagues that since my last stay at the Park Hyatt in Sydney that one of Hyatts finast team members from within Australia with long time Hyatt experience was transfered to the Park Hyatt Sydney. ^ This happened sometime less then 10 months ago from my understanding.
Being this person is running not the hotel but taking care of all Hyatt GP elite members and their room assignments my full faith is 100% restored in this property to once again do the right thing to the best of their ability and recognize GP members above and beyond. :-: :-: :-: :-: :-:

I have seen this individual in action at other Hyatts in Australia and there is no doubt that once again we can buy in trust at present.
I will be back knowing this dedicated individual is in the house without question.
Along with the new renovation it's high time time to forgive move on and bury the hatchet.
I say to all those considering the Park Hyatt in Sydney including those who also experienced some of the rough waters as I did.
Give the hotel another chance now.
It's in much better hands with a seasoned Hyatt professional who cares about Hyatt,the hotel and all guests.
While I can't vouch for the rest of the service or the dining experience at present the elite reconition team could now not be in better hands.

The Park Hyatt Sydney is back on my list of considerations.
Had I known this individual was in house last month I would have spent the week there.
I received word too late.I'm sure there were plenty to take my place

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Apr 5, 2005 at 8:07 am
Old Apr 17, 2005, 10:40 am

Would love to hear about your experiences at the PH Sydney once your trip is over subdawg. I am planning a visit to Sydney in June and am contemplating where to stay.
Just wanted to report that at the PH Sydney, we received a great opera house view room. We thoroughly enjoyed the view! At the PH Melbourne, we were given a nice suite (w/fireplace)...pretty good, considering the Air Show was going on then. Seems as if post-9/1 they are still upgrading diamonds.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 5:56 pm

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
Originally Posted by subdawg
Just wanted to report that at the PH Sydney, we received a great opera house view room. We thoroughly enjoyed the view! At the PH Melbourne, we were given a nice suite (w/fireplace)...pretty good, considering the Air Show was going on then. Seems as if post-9/1 they are still upgrading diamonds.
subdawg,

Did you get access to the club at the PH Melbourne? That was a very nice Regency club.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 6:29 pm

Well I talked too soon!

On a stay I recently paid $445 per night for 2 nights and got a very small opera view room then on a FFN another room the same.

I have a couple of more stays coming up. I do hope to get a suite!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.