Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Sydney Park Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - Pre-Renovation 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sydney Park Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - Pre-Renovation 2011

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2003, 10:41 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by thesilb:
saw the Hyatt's roof pools </font>
Did they add a new pool and/or enlarged the old one?!

I stayed at the PH Sydney back in '97 and thought the property was overrated and the service marginal. Their pool was miniscule and the pool area felt claustrophobic. I'd be interested to know if they've upgraded the pool and pool area since.
Old Dec 12, 2003, 11:51 pm

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
The PH Sydney is my favorite hotel in Sydney. The view of the harbour is truely amazing and if you love Sydney you will love the Hyatt. I can't comment on Diamond upgrades as I'm only Platinum member. However, you'll get free breakfast in the morning (continental from a buffet) which offers salmon and cold cuts, cheese and croissants and a selection of fruit. If you want you can upgrade to a full hot brekki and order from the a-la-carte menue whatever you feel like. It's only A$8 or so and you can order whatever you like including eggs benedict and other hot dishes. The best thing about the brekki is the view I guess and on a nice day (of which we usually have quite a few) they open up the large windows and you almost sit right on the water with a view of the Opera House. It doesn't get much better than that.

I would think they would upgrade you to an Opera view room is not one of their Opera view studio suites as a diamond, but as I said I don't know for sure.

We like the pool area on top of the hotel. It's not large but usually there is noone else there and most people don't stay long. The pool is warm even in winter and the spa has a nice view although you can't see the Opera House.

Enjoy your stay...

Old Dec 13, 2003, 11:23 am
trd

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
I have stayed at the PH twice in the past 3 years on awards. There is no RC so as a diamond you will get the breakfast buffet -- if you go with a hot entree it's only a couple of bucks more. A decent not great buffet. The first time I stayed I got a nice room, but one that you could not see the opera house unless you went out on the balcony (but I did meet Keanu Reeves in the elevator -- VERY friendly). Last summer I got a room that I could see the opera house without getting out of bed. With those automatic drapes and sheers it is a heck of way to greet the morning. Both times the room was very well designed/equiped. I was not terribly inpressed with the restuarant, certainly OK, but not up to the glowing reviews. All in all I certainly would stay there again! Enjoy.
Old Dec 27, 2003, 12:41 am

Just did my 50th night at Park Hyatt Sydney.
Got an opera house view(which is much smaller than the ones closer to the opera house but with city-opera views)
The usual bottle of Moores Creek red and the buffet breaky.
The food at the restaurant was very very good.
I can see why it is such a hit.
Old Jan 20, 2004, 2:41 am

There seems to be a bit of last minute availability for the Australia Day weekend. I just got a sat nite 24th jan!!
Ive been checking daily for months now!
the sunday was available too.
Old Jan 23, 2004, 8:04 pm

hyatt--sydney

will be in sydney for 6 night, march 2004.
we will stay in park hyatt for the first 3 nights with ffn. could not book additonal 3 weekend nights. any suggestions on the side trips and restaurant? 1st time visiting sydney. thank you
Old Jan 23, 2004, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

when we were there last august, we spent one night at the Coogie Beach. It is not as famous as Bondi Beach, but much nicer. sort of like a small resort town.

you can do an easy hike along the trail on the coast line between Coogie Beach and Bondi Beach, takes about 60-45 minutes one way i believe. or you can take the bus and only walk up a small section of the trail.

just outside Park Hyatt there is a complex with several restaurants - european, italian, chinese, grill room, ...

do you plan to spend all 6 days in Sydney or you plan to visit melbourne or gold coast ? Qantas australia frequently have red e-deals to compete against Virgin Blue. One-way fare between Sydney and Melbourne can be as low as AUD80. so as BNE/SYD. you may want to consider that.
Old Jan 24, 2004, 6:14 pm

Just had the most amazing experience.
Checked in for a FFN to Syd PH and heard the majic words
WE HAVE UPGRADED YOU TO A DIPLOMAT SUITE!

WOW what a suite.
marble foyer large lounge
Great bedroom
Amazing hollywood spa bathroom.
Bulgari bath products(large size)
4 balconies overlooking the city and opera house.
Didnt want to leave to go to dinner.
I have stayed there over 15 times and never had a suite.

Thanks PH Sydeny

[This message has been edited by tinkybelle (edited Jan 24, 2004).]
Old Jan 24, 2004, 10:18 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Starwood Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
My favorite restaurant in Sydney is "Sailor's Thai". This is the best Thai food I have ever had and it is right around the corner from the Park Hyatt. The restaurant of the moment is "Icebergs" on Bondi Beach. Too much of a scene if you ask me but the food is good. I also like "Longrain" which is a trendier version of "Sailor's Thai". I would skip "Tetsuya" which is suposedly Sydney's best and most expensive restaurant.
Old Jan 25, 2004, 3:58 pm

Take a walk down to Wildfire in the international passenger terminal (5 min walk from the Hyatt), they also have Wildfire Orient or something which is supposed to be excellent chinese.

Doyles Seafood is also in the international passenger terminal.
Old Apr 25, 2004, 10:53 am
Miz

Park Hyatt Sydney

I'll stay at Park Hyatt Sydney by FFN.
I want to use Platinum Extras cert.
What is Complimentary amenity for using cert at this hotel ??
Old Apr 25, 2004, 11:33 pm

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Last time we used our cert for the amenity as PLATs it was a deluxe fruit platter. Nothing to write home about and last weekend we chose to keep our cert for another time.
Old Aug 4, 2004, 11:06 pm

Best Room(s) to Request at PH Sydney

I'll be arriving at the PH Sydney next week with my wife-to-be on our honeymoon. This will be our first time at this hotel and in Australia. Can anyone recommend any rooms that we might be able to request at check-in? What do you think are my chances for a nice suite upgrade on a 4-night stay? I've got Diamond status if that might help. Also, a bit off topic, but anyone have any quick recommendations for eating or attractions in Sydney for a couple first-time visitors??

Cheers!
Old Aug 5, 2004, 1:47 am

Smile Good luck

I think you would be extremely lucky to get a suite. I have stayed there over 15 times as Diamond and only now am I getting suites.
I think they do look at return guests as the last two stays I received.
the fabulous 1 bedroom with lounge and 4 balconies.
and the last a parlour suite on the bend opposite the opera house. ^
Old Aug 5, 2004, 5:19 am

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
Originally Posted by TravelScholar
I'll be arriving at the PH Sydney next week with my wife-to-be on our honeymoon. This will be our first time at this hotel and in Australia. Can anyone recommend any rooms that we might be able to request at check-in? What do you think are my chances for a nice suite upgrade on a 4-night stay? I've got Diamond status if that might help. Also, a bit off topic, but anyone have any quick recommendations for eating or attractions in Sydney for a couple first-time visitors??

Cheers!
TravelScholar,

I am also staying at Park Hyatt Sydney next weekend Aug 13-15 but when I tried to get an extra room for a friend, I was told that the hotel was sold out so chance of upgrading to a suite may be low. Do you have an suite upgrade certificate and are you on paid nights? When would you be in Sydney?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.