Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2015, 9:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by dsquared37
During what times are the evening food/cocktail service for the lounge?

Trying to configure our flights and this might factor into our schedule.
5:30 to 8 pm, they clean up promptly

after 8 pm it is just nuts/cookies, coffee/tea and soft drinks

Last edited by OsakaWino; Aug 22, 2015 at 9:28 pm
Old Aug 23, 2015, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
5:30 to 8 pm, they clean up promptly

after 8 pm it is just nuts/cookies, coffee/tea and soft drinks
Thank you. We'll plan on not arriving in time for this the first night in that case.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 12:34 am

Thank you. We'll plan on not arriving in time for this the first night in that case.
more details

Grand Club facilities include:

Complimentary Continental Breakfast:
6:30am to 10:30am (Monday-Friday)
6:30am to 11:00am (Saturday and Sunday)
Complimentary Evening Cocktails from 5:30pm to 8:00pm
Complimentary use of Club meeting rooms for 1 hour per day
(subject to availability)
Complimentary pressing (One 2pc suit upon arrival)
Selections of DVDs are available at the Grand Club.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
more details

Grand Club facilities include:

Complimentary Continental Breakfast:
6:30am to 10:30am (Monday-Friday)
6:30am to 11:00am (Saturday and Sunday)
Complimentary Evening Cocktails from 5:30pm to 8:00pm
Complimentary use of Club meeting rooms for 1 hour per day
(subject to availability)
Complimentary pressing (One 2pc suit upon arrival)
Selections of DVDs are available at the Grand Club.
Thanks for the more thorough listing of info. We were sitting on the choice of a (somewhat early) morning departure and late afternoon arrival or a mid-morning departure with a corresponding evening arrival. We'll probably go with the latter and head out for dinner upon arrival.

Breakfast and evening cocktails is generally all we ever use a lounge for.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 5:28 am

Thanks for the more thorough listing of info. We were sitting on the choice of a (somewhat early) morning departure and late afternoon arrival or a mid-morning departure with a corresponding evening arrival. We'll probably go with the latter and head out for dinner upon arrival.

Breakfast and evening cocktails is generally all we ever use a lounge for.
It was just a paste of the email I received when I enquired. Enjoy your stay; we really liked GH Taipei.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 2:22 pm

I'm looking to do 6 nights in the GH TPE this December with a DSU. When I called the Diamond line last night, they only had all points or cash, no P+C. I read some of you were able to get cash bookings converted to P+C once they opened up. Is this a service provided by the Diamond line agents or do I have to keep calling back? Also, has anyone had any experience saying at this property with 4 people? Looks like the maximum per room is 3 and I'm traveling with my wife and 2 small children. I know that we should all fit, but not sure how the hotel looks at that. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by crapz1; Sep 11, 2015 at 3:13 pm
Old Sep 28, 2015, 3:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
deleted

Last edited by frudd38; Oct 6, 2015 at 12:19 pm
Old Oct 6, 2015, 12:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Are the Taipei 101 view rooms here considered Grand Deluxe? Or do certain normal Grand rooms have it too?
Old Oct 11, 2015, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by frudd38
Are the Taipei 101 view rooms here considered Grand Deluxe? Or do certain normal Grand rooms have it too?
Anything on that side of the building will face Taipei 101, but there is no place in the hotel that has a good view of Taipei 101, since it is too close.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by markcwj
I actually do love the food court located at the basement of Taipei 101! That hotplate squid + beef thing is absolutely delicious (and for a steal too!).

If anyone is interested in my stay in a Grand Deluxe room, feel free to check out my website: http://www.theshutterwhale.com/blog/...d-hyatt-taipei

In the meantime, if you guys have any questions pertaining to the property (e.g. how to get there, what to eat, what to do), drop me a message and I will try to help out as much as I can!
I can Recommend Din Tai Fun. It is near the exit of the food court in Taipei 101. This is a Taiwanese chain that I also found in Shanghai and Hong Kong (2 in HK have 1 michelin star, also close to a hyatt there). We paid around 15-20 euro a person for an excellent meal.

It is a bustling place and usually there is a waiting list. There was at least one Brazilian girl serving us. I also like how they put a little basket next to your table for your belongings which is then covered by a small table cloth. After being seated service is fast and good. Try the Xiaolongbao.

The renovation of the hotel seems almost completed. The new rooms are very pleasant. I especially like the little seat in the shower, the sliding doors and the window couch.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 4:09 pm

I will be travelling to the GH Taipei next October 2016. I plan to use a DSU but I will lose my Diamond status after Feb 2016. Does anyone know if upgrading to the suite will allow Grand Club access still?
Old Oct 30, 2015, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by bruin777
I will be travelling to the GH Taipei next October 2016. I plan to use a DSU but I will lose my Diamond status after Feb 2016. Does anyone know if upgrading to the suite will allow Grand Club access still?
It did as of 6 months ago. Check your email confirmation after applying the DSU, and it should say this:

GRAND SUITE KING
Room Description:
King bed:60 sq m:Contemporary design Living area:Stereo:Media Hub:Grand Club Acces (sic)
Old Feb 19, 2016, 7:01 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It did as of 6 months ago. Check your email confirmation after applying the DSU, and it should say this:

GRAND SUITE KING
Room Description:
King bed:60 sq m:Contemporary design Living area:Stereo:Media Hub:Grand Club Acces (sic)
It's still the same :-). I've just used my 3rd DSU for a 5 day stay here in March.... Thanks to an error fare that KL was offering.

Any tips on things to do and see or hotel facilities to use?
Old Feb 20, 2016, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
It's still the same :-). I've just used my 3rd DSU for a 5 day stay here in March.... Thanks to an error fare that KL was offering.

Any tips on things to do and see or hotel facilities to use?
We really liked the layout of this suite, but rooms on the concave side are visible from other rooms, so next time we're there we will ask if they have a suite on the convex side.

The spa at the hotel is nice, although the jacuzzi bath is a bit on the hot side.

We thought the areas around Longshan Temple and Quingshan Temple to be the most interesting for viewing local life. And be sure to take a walk over to Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall at night after the evening lounge service; another good snapshot of local life.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 2:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Thanks, I will try to get one of the suites without people looking into my room as well :-).

I will look at your suggestions, and it's probably time to start reading up on Taipei/Taiwan as well. Last time I was there was 10 years ago....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.