Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2016, 11:30 am

Programs: pleb
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
We really liked the layout of this suite, but rooms on the concave side are visible from other rooms, so next time we're there we will ask if they have a suite on the convex side.

This was something I found out during my last stay there. We always upgrade to the Grand Executive King, where the bathroom always face the Grand Executive King on the opposite end. Always thought the windows were somewhat shaded from the exterior and never bothered to pay attention to look at the other rooms. This past trip, my brother and his family had the opposite suite and informed me that he could clearly see us walking around in the bathroom.

Oops
Old Mar 1, 2016, 8:11 pm

So I am planning a 3 night stay here next month. I want to use a DSU, and there are cash + points availability during my dates.

However, I also have 2 Chase Anniversary night certs that are wasting away (I am cancelling my and my wife's Hyatt card since I never seem to be able to use these). Since this hotel is a Cat 4, I am wondering if I could book the first night as cash + points, and then use the 2 anniversary certs for night 2 and 3.

My question is -- if I use DSU for first night, what is the likelihood that I could convince the hotel to let me stay in the suite for nights 2+3? I'd even be willing to pay a little surcharge (so long as its less than 3300 twd, which is the cash portion of the cash+points price). Also, should I try to arrange this in advance? Or better to wait until check-in?

Also, since one of the certs is from my wife's card/account, will we get my diamond benefits for that night given that I am one of the guests?

Thanks in Advance!
Old Mar 1, 2016, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, JL JGC, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by flagler1
My question is -- if I use DSU for first night, what is the likelihood that I could convince the hotel to let me stay in the suite for nights 2+3? I'd even be willing to pay a little surcharge (so long as its less than 3300 twd, which is the cash portion of the cash+points price). Also, should I try to arrange this in advance? Or better to wait until check-in?
I don't think that is likely. It may be more likely if it were 2+ nights points and cash upgraded with DSU, and one free night tagged on. And whatever surcharge you have to pay would simply be the difference between the booked room and the grand suite, which is probably more than 100USD. You will receive your diamond benefits for the stay.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by flagler1
So I am planning a 3 night stay here next month. I want to use a DSU, and there are cash + points availability during my dates.

However, I also have 2 Chase Anniversary night certs that are wasting away (I am cancelling my and my wife's Hyatt card since I never seem to be able to use these). Since this hotel is a Cat 4, I am wondering if I could book the first night as cash + points, and then use the 2 anniversary certs for night 2 and 3.

Also, since one of the certs is from my wife's card/account, will we get my diamond benefits for that night given that I am one of the guests?

Thanks in Advance!
Late last year, with an anniversary Cat 4 cert about to expire, we had 1st night with cert followed with 2 nights on C+P/DSU. We were given a suite for all 3 nights.

I have doubts what you propose would work though.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 6:13 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Grand Hyatt Taipei is currently running a 'Sweet Upgrade' promotion for stays of at least 2 nights until 27 May 2016.

Pay the standard rate for a Grand Suite King or Grand Executive Suite and receive a one category upgrade to a Grand Executive Suite or Grand Executive View Suite.

In addition, you will receive 1 complimentary minibar set per stay with no replenishment.

You can book this promotional rate by using special offer code TAI031 on hyatt.com

For details, visit http://taipei.grand.hyatt.com/en/hot...57102231&code= (page available in Chinese only)
Old Mar 22, 2016, 2:52 am

Checking if anyone is having this issue at GH Taipei. C+P available for dates I want in November and Grand Suite King is available, but HGP representative states that DSU can only be applied on a "paid rate" at this hotel.

Never ran into this prior. Is this a new policy here or should I just HUCA? I didn't have this issue last year at this same hotel.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 3:09 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It happens once in a while that GP states that suite inventory is different for C+P vs fully paid. But it's been confirmed here that there should only be one suite inventory and C+P is a qualifying rate. So HUCA....
Old Mar 22, 2016, 5:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Definitely HUCA

re this matter I received this by email from Matt Hansen, manager of Gold Passport Customer Service:

if there is a Points + Cash reservation that is still available to be booked and the suite that is used for the Diamond Suite Upgrade are available then you should be allowed to book a Points + Cash with a Diamond Suite Upgrade.

And Jeff Zidell, Hyatt’s Senior Vice President for the Gold Passport program, has been quoted in the media as stating:

To clarify, Diamond Suite Upgrade inventory (standard suites) is not capacity controlled. The same Diamond Suite inventory is available whether a Hyatt Gold Passport member is booking a Hyatt rate or points + cash.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
It happens once in a while that GP states that suite inventory is different for C+P vs fully paid. But it's been confirmed here that there should only be one suite inventory and C+P is a qualifying rate. So HUCA....
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Definitely HUCA

re this matter I received this by email from Matt Hansen, manager of Gold Passport Customer Service:

if there is a Points + Cash reservation that is still available to be booked and the suite that is used for the Diamond Suite Upgrade are available then you should be allowed to book a Points + Cash with a Diamond Suite Upgrade.

And Jeff Zidell, Hyatt’s Senior Vice President for the Gold Passport program, has been quoted in the media as stating:

To clarify, Diamond Suite Upgrade inventory (standard suites) is not capacity controlled. The same Diamond Suite inventory is available whether a Hyatt Gold Passport member is booking a Hyatt rate or points + cash.
Thank you both. I thought that is the case, but nice to have some confirmation from other travelers regarding this issue. Will definitely HUCA.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 8:46 pm

OMAAT reviewed this property today. I've never stayed but my parents have and I'm thinking of booking it again for them later this year. Now that I matched to Diamond, I can give them Club access and free breakfast. Will they be able to have breakfast at the Cafe? Or was the blogger able to eat here just because of the corporate rate he used?
Old Mar 25, 2016, 2:19 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It's breakfast at the club as a Diamond when there's a club....that's clearly stated in the T&C's. Very rarely do properties extend that to also include the restaurant.

And the review left little doubt that a corporate rate was booked that included breakfast, quite a normal inclusion for a corporate rate.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
This property has an excellent Club lounge with very good food options. I can't really think of much reason why a Diamond would want to have breakfast in the more hectic main restaurant.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 11:51 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Just completed a very nice 5 night stay. Paid stay with a DSU to get a suite.

The hotel looks a bit boring from the outside but the interior, especially the lobby, is quite nice and the suite I got was pretty decent as well. I enjoyed having a separate bedroom with a small walk-in closet and adjoining bathroom. Unfortunately I didn't get a Tiapei101 view (had of view of the pool) but that is a rare thing looking at the layout of the hotel. Great location, easy to get to and with plenty of shops/restaurants nearby and easy access to 2 subway lines.

Service, in general, was pretty nice too. Didn't have any of the housekeeping issues that others have mentioned.

I was impressed by the club offerings in the evening, very decent warm offerings and a pretty nice selection of deserts as well. The breakfast buffet in the restaurant (was included in the paid rate) was extensive as well and of good quality. I just wasn't able to get any eggs benedict made :-(, but other options were plenty.

There were some things I disliked, but they were relatively minor:

- I felt rushed every time I was a bit late for breakfast arriving at around 10:00 (the buffet closes at 10:30). They were already setting the tables for lunch, a lot of the items were not replenished anymore and the first thing they tell you on arrival is that they close in 30 minutes. Not a very nice experience! Combined with the fact that on the first 2 days I was offered a lousy table didn't make me feel really welcome in the restaurant. The club was a lot better, but they also cannot wait to take away the offerings at 20:00. Sometimes even a bit before that.

- The temperature in the lobby and restaurant was way too cold for me. Even bordering on unpleasant.

Overall a very enjoyable stay.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 5:52 pm

anyone have the gm's email??
Old May 3, 2016, 11:08 am

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
C&P w/DSU stay

Just returned from GH TPE stay, and used one of my Feb 2016 expiring DSU cert's. Front desk downstairs in the lobby would be happy to check me in, but said/insisted I can also do the DIA check-in on the 22F in front of the D(IA)ining Lounge. Check-in was seamless and very professional with DIA status immediately recognized, and mentioned often and the English spoken was perfect from all check-in personnel. ^

I got the 23FGrand Suite King room facing the mountains/Farglory Dome. Preferred T101 view, but all rooms were taken as it was Fashion Show week or something in the hotel that week. I chose the Bottle of red wine, and box of chocolates (sells for 450 NT in lobby pastry shop) instead of the 1K HGP points. Welcome amenity in room was bowl of fruits, and assorted cookie snacks.

Lounge was quite jammed and loud (lively) during cocktail/dinner hour, but food was very enjoyable. Spread was enough so you can save on dinner if you chose to do so. I recall the chocolate cake was very dense and flavorful. Breakfast was fabulous, and the omelette chef is very entertaining and friendly.

SPA was great, but steam room was too hot for me, but was enjoyable for the 3 minutes I could bear to be in there. Hot Tub Sauna was awesome, and temps was perfect. Only thing that was unusual I found was, everything was first class perfection in the hotel and SPA, the nails salon/ massage centre seems independently run, but I found it not up to the standards you would find in any high-end mall or location all around. When they were drying the wife's nails after the pedi, they used a portable fan, and not an ultraviolet ones in modern places. Very minor detail, and I am probably being picky, but besides that, all else was first rate befitting of it's 5* rating.

Oops! Also the Outdoor Pool was great for lounging, and with all the shrubs & plants surrounding the area, it was quite peaceful to pass the HOT afternoons zzzzzz away. Gym was nice, but I did not partake in any exercise during my stay.

Loved the Xinyi T101 area, as I frequent there often when i visit annually, so will definitely stay here again, as I got good value for my C&P + DSU.

LFC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.