Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2014, 12:14 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Books into a Grand Suite...

Here's some pics from my stay in August...

Originally Posted by 54austin
What type of suite does a DSU confirm? Thanks.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 12:43 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thezipper
Books into a Grand Suite...

Here's some pics from my stay in August...
I'm afraid the only picture uploaded is the GH Taipei logo.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Here are pictures of the one we stayed using DSU. The sofa was very comfy according to my daughter.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...l#post23273205
Thanks a lot! I just used a DSU on a points & cash rate for a stay over Christmas. Very much looking forward to it (and visiting Taipei for the first time)!
Old Nov 18, 2014, 9:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Does booking the suite on points with no status grant club access or breakfast here?
Old Nov 19, 2014, 1:50 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by frudd38
Does booking the suite on points with no status grant club access or breakfast here?
Club access. Breakfast in lounge on level 22 (not restauarnt); there is an egg station in lounge
Old Nov 19, 2014, 5:42 am

Programs: Hyatt_DIA, ANA_DIA
Taipei bus tour

Negative experience during Hyatt commissioned bus tour
Stayed at Grand Hyatt Taipei in mid-November.
I have participated at city bus tour recommended by concierge and paid at Hyatt with 5% commission fee.
The mini bus was very old and was terribly bad ride. A tour conductor frequently took us to a low quality shop and repeatedly asked us to buy something. Because of suspicious quality, nobody bought anything. On the way back to the hotel, he asked as to give some generous tip to the bus driver since we refused to stop by at a shopping center. Language skill was also terribly and it was difficult o understand what he was trying to explain.
It was one of my worst bus tour experiences.
Be careful of bus tours in Taipei even when Hyatt recommends it.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 10:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by kpc
Club access. Breakfast in lounge on level 22 (not restauarnt); there is an egg station in lounge
Nice, thanks. It's always about the egg station
Old Nov 25, 2014, 6:37 pm

Lounge Closed

I checked in last night and was told that the lounge has been "temporarily relocated" to the 2nd floor during renovations. Looks like everything is there as was on FL22, but no view. :/
Old Nov 25, 2014, 7:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by cooltyler
I checked in last night and was told that the lounge has been "temporarily relocated" to the 2nd floor during renovations. Looks like everything is there as was on FL22, but no view. :/
Any idea how long the lounge renovations are going to take?
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by cooltyler
That's strange. I just checked in last weekend Saturday and had breakfast in the Lounge on Sunday prior to check out. The Lounge looked fine to me...
Old Nov 25, 2014, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by orsetto
I haven't noticed any paranormal activity but my grandmother says she saw a young Japanese World War I/II-era soldier (Taiwan was once occupied by the Japanese) in the room while my grandfather was in the bathroom. She said, they "撞咗邪" there (had an encounter with evil spirits), and attributes it my grandfather's downward spiral in health. She's quite "together", calm -- a sharp lady. Actually kept quiet about it because she didn't want to scare anyone.
I originally booked this hotel because it's conveniently located and offers a pretty good deal in terms of redemption value. However, some people are 'sensitives' (certain members of my traveling parties are). After researching it and especially after seeing the big "pictures" in the lobby (which is some serious business and sealed the deal for me), I cancelled our reservation in spite of cost savings so everyone in the group can have a better peace of mind.

Pictures wise, GW Hyatt looks fantastic and a good deal in general if you don't care for or believe in those rumors. I ended up booking my parties to the nearby Le Meridien Taipei, which ended up one of the nicest hotels I've stayed at (and I've been to many), so I don't regret backing out of the original plan.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Any idea how long the lounge renovations are going to take?
I think they said it would reopen just after Christmas. While the staff are great in the temporary lounge, the lack of a view and "ambiance" is less than desirable. :/
Old Nov 26, 2014, 6:45 am

I've got an upcoming stay and emailed the hotel for more details. Their response:

Dear Mr. XXX,

Warm greetings from Grand Hyatt Taipei!

Thank you for your patronage of Grand Hyatt Taipei. We are privileged to be of service to you.

Kindly be informed that as part of our ongoing plans in conjunction with the hotel renovation project, our Grand Club Lounge (located on the 22nd floor) will undergo further enhancements and therefore will be temporarily closed from 24 November until 25 December, 2014.

During this period, our Grand Club Lounge on the 22nd floor will be relocated to Cha Lounge, which is located on the 2nd floor where you can enjoy the following benefits and services:

Complimentary Continental Breakfast
6:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. (Mondays to Fridays)
6:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. (Saturdays and Sundays)
Complimentary Evening Cocktails from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. daily
Complimentary all-day refreshments
Grand Club services will be available daily from 6:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.

We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause you and thank you most sincerely for your ongoing support of Grand Hyatt Taipei.

We look forward to creating a memorable stay during your upcoming visit.

Yours sincerely

Seriena Chang
Reservation Department

GRAND HYATT TAIPEI台北君悅酒店
2 SongShou Road,
Taipei, 11051, Taiwan ROC
中華民國台北市11051松壽路二號
+ 886 2 2720 1200 #3158 TELEPHONE 電話
+ 886 2 2720 1110 FAX 傳真
E-mail: [email protected]
http://www.taipei.grand.hyatt.com
Old Nov 26, 2014, 7:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Thanks cooltyler and 54austin. Glad to hear that it is a short renovation; must be relatively minor. We're not going until April, but we too really appreciate a lounge with a view.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:33 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by 54austin
I'm afraid the only picture uploaded is the GH Taipei logo.
I think that's because the hotel is haunted and all the pictures automatically get blurred out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.