Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2014, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
My friend stayed at the GH last year and I was the Le Meridien. He ended up crashing in my living room the whole time cause he was bothered by the haunted factor. But then again, he's also a huge wuss.
Old May 29, 2014, 4:24 am

I just want to say again how much I love this property. Their lounge is spectacular!

I have many POC's at the property if Armagenddbeadearars doesn't work out!
Old May 29, 2014, 7:07 pm

Programs: Star Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, EY Silver
The lounge has a great spread of food and wonderful staff but it is more of a daycare center than an executive lounge. In the half-dozen times I went to the lounge during my stay, all but one was ruined by loud and unsupervised children.

When I asked the lounge manager about how they handle such situations, she replied that it was a "public area" and that there were no restrictions on children. She offered to let me sit in the meeting room if I was bothered by the noise.

Last edited by UAuhoh; May 29, 2014 at 7:08 pm Reason: misquote
Old May 30, 2014, 8:51 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
DSU

Does this property set aside certain suites for DSU?
Old Jun 2, 2014, 3:33 pm
formerly Mdanner423

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
They typically use the Grand Suite King or Twin but have been known to put into nicer suites when they are out of those (if you try to use points or cert at check in). Overall super nice staff.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 11:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Are renovations here almost finished? I made a reservation for April 2015 today and the confirmation email says "with great pleasure we announce guestroom renovations beginning this August", meaning August 2014? I thought the renovations were begun well back in 2013. If they're just beginning room renovations in August 2014, it would seem doubtful that they will be complete by April 2015. Or have they just forgotten to change the message on the confirmation email?
Old Jun 7, 2014, 4:08 am

Must be an old blurp that they have sloppily not removed/amended. Whatever time the renovation finishes, cannot start in Aug later this year because it has started long time ago, even according to this thread.

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Are renovations here almost finished? I made a reservation for April 2015 today and the confirmation email says "with great pleasure we announce guestroom renovations beginning this August", meaning August 2014? I thought the renovations were begun well back in 2013. If they're just beginning room renovations in August 2014, it would seem doubtful that they will be complete by April 2015. Or have they just forgotten to change the message on the confirmation email?
Old Jun 8, 2014, 8:31 am
formerly Mdanner423

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
I know the Grand Suite King is back to being available after being unavailable for DSU because of renovations. If anyone has pics of the renovated rooms please share!
Old Jun 9, 2014, 5:03 pm

Programs: SAS EB Diamond, CC Concierge, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Mdanner423
I know the Grand Suite King is back to being available after being unavailable for DSU because of renovations. If anyone has pics of the renovated rooms please share!
Have a stay from June 19th - 22nd, and just got a Diamond Suite upgrade confirmed for a Grand Suite King.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 11:45 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Anyone has reviews and photos of the recently renovated Grand Suite King to share? I'm going at the end of this month..hoping to see the new rooms!
Old Jul 28, 2014, 7:19 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
are you guys able to apply the DSU by email?
Old Jul 28, 2014, 8:14 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by gummibar
Anyone has reviews and photos of the recently renovated Grand Suite King to share? I'm going at the end of this month..hoping to see the new rooms!
Did someone say share? We were there at the end of June and was able to snag a suite upgrade. It was brand new to the point where it was humid in the room and there was smell of new construction. We actually ended up moving to a large King room in the opposite side of the building because of this. The ladies on the club level were the best as they helped facilitate the move and even deposited back the diamond suite certificate (at least I think they did). So to give you some perspective, once you leave the elevator and turn towards the hall where the rooms are, the right side completed renovation earlier this year. The left side was just finished. So if you are sensitive to industrial odors, ask for the rooms to the right. Back to the lounge staff, they were very friendly and helpful. We even brought them a small gift before we left. The lounge was very good - even have cook to order noodles in the evening and dim-sum/congee in the morning. If you like wine/hard liquor - this is your place too. And during our 5 nights there, we hardly saw any children in the lounge. So I think the experience by the above member may have been a unique situation or vice versa.

Here are some pictures of the king suite:

Hope these are not too late...

Hint: you can take a cover walk way to Taipei 101. It will comes in handy in the event of heavy rain.

Last edited by hotelfanatic; Jul 29, 2014 at 11:32 am
Old Jul 29, 2014, 12:24 am

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
FYI i was able to book cash and points for a stay next week, and applied a DSU. Thanks for the pics previous poster!
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:16 pm

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
From the pics looks like the bath amenities there is Salvatore Ferragamo?
Old Jul 29, 2014, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA EP SPG Plat Hyatt Diamond IHG Plat Avis 1st Hertz 5* National Exec
I heard this place ID's on corporate rates. I keep my ID on my phone as a picture as I don't usually travel with it and never bothered to order business cards, not sure if they considered that acceptable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.