Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2013, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Still haunted after the renovations?
Old Nov 4, 2013, 6:03 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
I'm staying at this property in December this year and tried to do a suite upgrade (diamond cert) but it turns out all the grand suites have been taken out of service while they refurbish them for 9 months. I sent an email to the property asking if I could use it to upgrade to the executive suite since it is currently the entry level suite. I was told 100% no but was just wondering where I stood on this in terms of gold passport t's and c's?
If not possible to get the suite then I imagine I can use it to upgrade to the highest category non suite room... Is there any chance they can deny this too? It's my last cert and it will be my last stay before February so ideally want to get it used.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 2:44 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by tfung
Still haunted after the renovations?
They renovated the hotel not the ghost!

BTW don't these look like 符 for 殭屍? It is in the lobby of the hotel.

Old Jan 5, 2014, 10:02 am

Here now and I like what they've done although nightkhan hit the nail on the head. Shower leaks like the door is a second drain and ceilings are low. So low at 6'5" I can bump smoke detectors and CCTV cameras in the halls.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 6:58 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
not being able to use a suite upgrade here for the next 5 months is a total bummer.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by taipeiflyer
not being able to use a suite upgrade here for the next 5 months is a total bummer.
I just used one to stay in an Executive Suite which is what the routinely upgraded to if available in the past; however, are less inclined to make available with the rest of their suites under renovation. I would write a very nice email to management and ask for an executive suite.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 9:40 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Deciding if we should stay here or the LeMerdian. Have top status at both chains so will have lounge access and hopefully some kind of upgrade. Has anyone stayed at both and any insight on which they prefer?
Old Jan 9, 2014, 10:08 pm

I've not stayed at the LM, but compared to the W it's hands down in the Hyatt's favor except the breakfast spread at the W is better than the lounge breakfast in the Hyatt (which is good, more than enough for me) and if you are over about 196cm you might bump your head on the ceilings in the Hyatt.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:36 pm
She

Does the grand club have a decent view of Taipei 101?
Planning to spend next NYE here but when I requested a 101 view room they said I had to book their special NYE package but that it wasn't available yet. I'll just keep my reservation as it is since I'm using points and try to watch the fireworks from the club..?
Old Jan 12, 2014, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by She
Does the grand club have a decent view of Taipei 101?
Planning to spend next NYE here but when I requested a 101 view room they said I had to book their special NYE package but that it wasn't available yet. I'll just keep my reservation as it is since I'm using points and try to watch the fireworks from the club..?
No. The club is not facing 101.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 10:45 am

Programs: AA MM
Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
No. The club is not facing 101.
This is true, although you can see 101 somewhat from the club if you look out the window and to the left. Not sure if you'll be able to get a good view of fireworks, etc., though.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 2:16 pm

Two years ago, the hotel had a reception on an outside terrace on the 7th floor (I believe) for guests to view the fireworks. I'm not sure who gets invited to the reception. We didn't get a formal invitation, but the Club Lounge rep said we could attend. We opted not to because we had a great view of the fireworks from our suite.

FYI - the Grand Hyatt is so close to Taipei 101 that we saw mostly smoke. Try the Shangri-la or another hotel for a better fireworks view.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by bamboola
Two years ago, the hotel had a reception on an outside terrace on the 7th floor (I believe) for guests to view the fireworks. I'm not sure who gets invited to the reception. We didn't get a formal invitation, but the Club Lounge rep said we could attend. We opted not to because we had a great view of the fireworks from our suite.

FYI - the Grand Hyatt is so close to Taipei 101 that we saw mostly smoke. Try the Shangri-la or another hotel for a better fireworks view.
The pool area in the W would be pretty good if I remember correctly.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 9:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
edit: just received a call from the GM, being moved to a suite at the very end of 23rd floor, away from the construction. Everything is fine in the end.

Last edited by taipeiflyer; Jan 14, 2014 at 9:39 pm
Old Jan 14, 2014, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by taipeiflyer
this hotel continues to fail epically. it's a damn shame the W was booked out. was assigned room 2301 and checked in at about 9pm last night.

I was evacuated at 2:30 am for a smoke alarm. Finally went back to bed at 6am, only to be awoken by construction literally right beside my room. Called at 8:45 and asked for someone to come up to listen to the noise. At 9:30 someone came up and they said they asked construction to stop, but that construction would resume in the afternoon, and if i wanted to move, they would move me.

Waited until 11:30 and was called to tell me my room was available and I would be moved to the 22nd floor. Went downstairs and they gave me room 1914- I said I was just told I would be moved to the 22nd floor. They said do you want to wait for a room on the 22nd floor. I replied I just want a room to get some rest, as I am here until the 17th.

Went up to room 1914, and it is substantially smaller than my previously assigned room. Called and spoke to the GM- waiting to hear back as to what they will do to rectify. All I have gotten so far is "we are sorry for the situation." Well I'm sorry, it's not enough. Sorry doesn't fix 2 hours of sleep.
Still sounds better than the W!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.