Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2024, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tomwhom
The fruit selection is also very poor.

I had a few nights later May last year here and one night at Sheraton Taoyuan whose breakfast quality is much superior .
Definitely the cheapest fruit they could procure.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 11:23 am

Programs: WOH Globalist
Does the restaurant buffet have some traditional Taiwanese breakfast options?
Old Feb 17, 2024, 11:26 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by Cometstar
Does the restaurant buffet have some traditional Taiwanese breakfast options?
Some, like congee, and savoury soy milk.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 5:02 am

Liars

I followed this thread before my arrival- let me just tell you to not listen to the haters- the breakfast is amazing. So many different types of cuisine and I think there is something to suit everyone. Multiple cultures are represented. If you have a sweet tooth, do not miss the pastries!

It was busy on a Saturday morning, but we were seated immediately when we arrived around 8:30am.

Unless you hate crowds, skip the lounge breakfast and go to the main cafe.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 5:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Kman0010
I followed this thread before my arrival- let me just tell you to not listen to the haters- the breakfast is amazing. So many different types of cuisine and I think there is something to suit everyone. Multiple cultures are represented. If you have a sweet tooth, do not miss the pastries!

It was busy on a Saturday morning, but we were seated immediately when we arrived around 8:30am.

I haven’t been in recent weeks.

Is there egg Benedict’s / egg Royale, smoked salmon, almond croissants, beef noodles, XLB, scallion pancakes for breakfast now?
Old Feb 24, 2024, 5:36 am

Programs: WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by Kman0010

I love turnip cake and danbing for breakfast so wondering if they have that
Old Feb 24, 2024, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA: Plat Pro, Emerald, 1MM UA: Premier 1K, Star Alliance: Gold, Hyatt: GLobalist; Hilton Diam
Originally Posted by Cometstar
I love turnip cake and danbing for breakfast so wondering if they have that
yes they have a big communal turnip cake with the ground pork on top. Like think 14 inches by 5 inches long. And you just grab what you want from it. (Was just there 3 days ago) - never had Dan bing.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 10:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Any idea when this hotel will be available for booking for new year's?
Old Mar 17, 2024, 1:22 pm

So we just currently checked in at the Grand Hyatt Taipei and are a little confused with breakfast. We are not globalist, but used a Suite Upgrade. My understanding was that Club Lounge access is included, which includes breakfast but was told contradictory information regarding their regular breakfast (which has a much wider selection). One employee said with the Suite, breakfast is included (both club lounge and regular), while another employee told us the regular breakfast is not free and would be charged to the room.

Does anyone know for certain? We don't have status so don't normally get free breakfast.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA: Plat Pro, Emerald, 1MM UA: Premier 1K, Star Alliance: Gold, Hyatt: GLobalist; Hilton Diam
Originally Posted by volkl23
So we just currently checked in at the Grand Hyatt Taipei and are a little confused with breakfast. We are not globalist, but used a Suite Upgrade. My understanding was that Club Lounge access is included, which includes breakfast but was told contradictory information regarding their regular breakfast (which has a much wider selection). One employee said with the Suite, breakfast is included (both club lounge and regular), while another employee told us the regular breakfast is not free and would be charged to the room.

Does anyone know for certain? We don't have status so don't normally get free breakfast.

I would just ask the Cafe downstairs breakfast place in the morning if yours is included - go during the breakfast hours and ask if breakfast is included for your room. They have a list of room numbers that have free breakfast and you won’t sign or ever pay.(eg you won’t receive a bill or check to sign) Note: IF you do sign something, you will be charged
Old Mar 30, 2024, 5:12 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, United Gold, IHG Amb Plat, HHonors Diamond(Aspire), Bonvoy LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist
The lounge is awfu

After enjoying the incredible Grand Hyatt lounges in Jakarta, Bangkok, and KL, I was hoping for something similar here, but unfortunately, it looks like the hotel here has chosen to use the lounge as a profit center as opposed to a nice place to reward loyal World of Hyatt members. It's loud. It's crowded. The food is mediocre. The buffet is a feeding frenzy... and man oh man if you love children running everywhere this is the place for you.
The hotel itself though is fine, and the staff are very nice and helpful.

Last edited by kabroui; Mar 30, 2024 at 5:19 am
Old Apr 2, 2024, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, HH Gold
Looking for some advice for those who have been at this hotel before (and received / paid for upgrades). Considering "standard" room booking in cash or points and using a TSU to Grand Suite. However, I actually want to access either the Grand Suite Executive Suite or 101 View Suite. Would the hotel be willing to offer me that as cash upgrade and if so, can this be done in advance via email confirmation, etc.? Tks.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 12:57 pm

Programs: hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by porky73
Looking for some advice for those who have been at this hotel before (and received / paid for upgrades). Considering "standard" room booking in cash or points and using a TSU to Grand Suite. However, I actually want to access either the Grand Suite Executive Suite or 101 View Suite. Would the hotel be willing to offer me that as cash upgrade and if so, can this be done in advance via email confirmation, etc.? Tks.
yup this can be arranged ahead of time via email. I've done it several times.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 6:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Globaist, Hilton Diamond
I used a SUA and got the Grand King suite. Does anyone know if we can add a roller bed to this room type? If so, is there a charge? I'm a globalist, staying on cash rate if that matters. We have 2 and a kid (12 yr).
Old Apr 3, 2024, 8:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by feeling100
I used a SUA and got the Grand King suite. Does anyone know if we can add a roller bed to this room type? If so, is there a charge? I'm a globalist, staying on cash rate if that matters. We have 2 and a kid (12 yr).
Free of charge to add a roller bed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.