Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2023, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by germatory
I heard the reason for the crowd is that many locals can stay at the hotel for TWD 3.3K i.e., ~100 USD, through some sort of deal with Amex. I am not local hence could be wrong.
I can confirm this.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 8:34 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by germatory
Echo your sentiments regarding the breakfast buffet at Market Cafe. The crowd is massive and there is always a long line of people waiting to get in.

Quality is low to mid with a big variety but not much to eat when compared to its peers in Asia. There is no local delights such as xiaolongbao, beef noodles, and scallion pancakes etc. I didn't see smoked salmon, bread pudding or egg tarts either.

The way they lay out the buffet is also confusing. Pastries and honey are placed in the far right corner from the entrance, while bread toast and jelly are in the middle of the cafe along with congee. Usually all breads and pastries are placed in the same place.

There are apples placed in the pastry corner while other fruits such as watermelons and oranges are in the middle where milk is. Fruits should also be placed together at one location.

I heard the reason for the crowd is that many locals can stay at the hotel for TWD 3.3K i.e., ~100 USD, through some sort of deal with Amex. I am not local hence could be wrong.
I didn't realize about the bread and honey on the right until my 3rd day I think. Was excited then disappointed when the croissant was hard (including the inside of it).
Old Dec 6, 2023, 10:43 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by projectmaximus
I can confirm this.
I think there is also similar promotion with Regent Hotel Taipei with AMEX that gets the local for USD100++
That's why Regent Hotel breakfast is quite a madness each morning as well.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 12:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Delta Plat
Can someone who has been there tell me how much it costs to eat breakfast at the lounge? I booked one of the suites that has access to the club lounge, but not entirely sure if whatever breakfast they provide up there would be included or requires extra payment.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 1:07 am

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Originally Posted by tpvn
Can someone who has been there tell me how much it costs to eat breakfast at the lounge? I booked one of the suites that has access to the club lounge, but not entirely sure if whatever breakfast they provide up there would be included or requires extra payment.
?? It is my understanding that suites get Grand Club access with breakfast at the Club. Only time I have to pay is when I have a 3rd guest that joined us for breakfast.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 1:07 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by tpvn
I've never heard of a hotel that charges for breakfast in a lounge that the guest pays for access to already in their rate.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 1:27 am

yeah i have never heard of one either, until one of the bloggers quoted $22 (actutally the $ in NDT, i just dont remember that figure anymore). thanks for confirming @168 and @ElevatorEnthusiast!
Old Dec 19, 2023, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I'm seeing a cash rate of NT$16,100.70 with tax for my date. For awards, I only see a king bed club access deluxe for 18,000 points. As a Globalist, I don't need to pay for club access. Do you guys think the hotel will release more inventory for normal award redemption closer to check-in?
Old Dec 19, 2023, 11:44 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by lsquare
I'm seeing a cash rate of NT$16,100.70 with tax for my date. For awards, I only see a king bed club access deluxe for 18,000 points. As a Globalist, I don't need to pay for club access. Do you guys think the hotel will release more inventory for normal award redemption closer to check-in?
Is it a weekend? I find the hotel extremely busy, to the point of being fully booked many weekends. I would lock in a booking right now and if a base room becomes available later, then book the base room and cancel this one.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 11:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
Faced the exact same situation in Nov 2023. The basic room appeared a day before check in so I canceled my club booking and rebooked the base room. Ended up with the same suite type anyway.

FWIW GH Taipei is C4 so 18,000 points seem to be the peak rate for a base room.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dave510
Is it a weekend? I find the hotel extremely busy, to the point of being fully booked many weekends. I would lock in a booking right now and if a base room becomes available later, then book the base room and cancel this one.
No, it'll be January 2, 2024.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 6:27 am

I am at the hotel rn, for a stay til 12/15. Crowded is the right word. I just saw a line of probably 30 middle aged ladies waiting for taxis lol.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2023, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Looking to book a stay around Christmas/New Year 2024. There is no availability with cash or points on 12/30/24 or 12/31/24, but plenty of availability in the days before and after. Are they already sold out given the proximity to the NYE celebrations or being held for other reasons?
Old Dec 30, 2023, 6:12 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by iceman77_7
Looking to book a stay around Christmas/New Year 2024. There is no availability with cash or points on 12/30/24 or 12/31/24, but plenty of availability in the days before and after. Are they already sold out given the proximity to the NYE celebrations or being held for other reasons?
All the hotels within the Xinyi area often hold out inventory for a bit, I find good luck looking about 8-10 months out instead of as soon as calendar opens up (Grand Hyatt, Le Meridien, W etc).
Old Dec 30, 2023, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All the hotels within the Xinyi area often hold out inventory for a bit, I find good luck looking about 8-10 months out instead of as soon as calendar opens up (Grand Hyatt, Le Meridien, W etc).
Still no inventory right now. I'm currently booked at the Marriott Taipei. I have another 24 hours per so to cancel. Should a room at the GH become available at 12k, I'll change my reservation!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.