Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2023, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by MasterPlanner
On the off chance you're not being sarcastic, I recently had the same experience as well.
Thank you too. So the standard suite "Grand Suite King" is what I will get I guess. Can I ask the hotel room to add a bed since I am also bringing my kids (both are under age of 12).
Old Apr 22, 2023, 11:21 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Titanium Member
No availability NYE’s?

GHT has blocked availability for New Year’s Eve, is NYE a big holiday in Taiwan?

There’s widespread availability the day before and the day after. Hoping Hyatt will unblock these dates.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sfflyer415
GHT has blocked availability for New Year’s Eve, is NYE a big holiday in Taiwan?

There’s widespread availability the day before and the day after. Hoping Hyatt will unblock these dates.
Is there any reason you think anything is blocked?
Old Apr 23, 2023, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by sfflyer415

haha. NYE is a semi-big holiday in Taiwan, not necessarily the biggest but they do care about it and if you watch the NYE celebrations around the world, often times Taipei is the representative for Asia. Why? Because they have a massive fireworks show ON Taipei 101.

So, the answer to your question is maybe, but to answer your underlying question, the GH is in the epicenter for the celebration and the prices for rooms that literally look out the window to the fireworks are pretty exorbitant. Also interesting to note...this past New Year's was extremely foggy and the fireworks show was pretty disappointing since it was almost entirely shrouded from view. I heard lots of complaints from people who had paid big money and could hardly see anything. No refunds that I'm aware of
Old May 1, 2023, 8:39 am

Is using a suite upgrade certificate worth it here for a stay of 7 days?
Old May 1, 2023, 8:42 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by incarbon
Is using a suite upgrade certificate worth it here for a stay of 7 days?
Yes.
Old May 9, 2023, 12:36 am
p0n

Had a recent stay here as a globalist with my last stay being 2017.

Seems like the suites are either booked or given out before check in day. Was following availability and a few days before a lot went away. Was proactively upgraded to city view deluxe at checkin (they printed out a paper with globalist benefits and got to the upgrade part and upgraded me then saying no suites were available which matched availability in the app). The room imo felt like a suite and was a very nice room.

Breakfast is available in the lounge or at the lobby buffet restaurant. highly recommend the lobby buffet, similar to other standard high-end chinese/taiwanese hotel breakfast buffets. lots of dishes and very very busy, amazing food though with multiple stations where you can get food cooked (noodles/brunch/etc).

the restaurants in the hotel get booked extremely quickly so i'd recommend making a reservation in advance. this seems to be the case in all of taipei perhaps due to recent lifting of covid restrictions. i wanted to eat at the chinese restaurant, yun jin, but it was fully booked for the 2 days i asked for a reservation. lunch/dinner. I was able to get a lunch reservation at the cantonese restaurant, pearl liang but dinner was fully booked. pearl liang lunch was fantastic and i highly recommend it.

i agree with the other commentators the quality of the lounge has fallen dramatically. last time i stayed they had a massive dinner buffet whereas now its just snacks/drink and one very meh dish. not worth going.

it seems there is limited standard room award and the hotel is extremely large/busy. i would definitely recommend reserving a standard room early if you're considering it. while they do seem good with upgrades, suite availability upon check-in may be limited.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 2:01 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Anyone have any experience wiht connecting rooms here? Ie what room types connect? Traveling with a family of 5....
Old Jul 12, 2023, 5:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Would you use a lounge access award here? I'm an Explorist and while I don't expect much uses for the award (no other planned trips at the moment) I'm only staying one night. Not expecting some amazing breakfast spread but if there is standard-ish breakfast before we head out for our flight and some snacks in the afternoon/evening in the lounge I think I'll use it.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by dsywon
Would you use a lounge access award here? I'm an Explorist and while I don't expect much uses for the award (no other planned trips at the moment) I'm only staying one night. Not expecting some amazing breakfast spread but if there is standard-ish breakfast before we head out for our flight and some snacks in the afternoon/evening in the lounge I think I'll use it.
At this point, I would use the lounge cert wherever a lounge is open, it is so hard to find anything nowadays!
Old Jul 12, 2023, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by HIFlya
At this point, I would use the lounge cert wherever a lounge is open, it is so hard to find anything nowadays!
You do bring up a good point, ha.
Though if we do travel more it will be to South East Asian countries where I believe there usually is a Grand Hyatt or Regency with a lounge.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 5:38 pm

You do bring up a good point, ha.
Though if we do travel more it will be to South East Asian countries where I believe there usually is a Grand Hyatt or Regency with a lounge.
That is true, but you are already into July. How many lounge certs do you have that expire in 2024?
Old Jul 12, 2023, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by HIFlya
That is true, but you are already into July. How many lounge certs do you have that expire in 2024?
I have 2 expiring in 2024. But I just realized I'm using a FNA and apparently they don't let you use a lounge cert at the same time. So I guess I have no choice but to skip the lounge. Don't have remaining points nor do I want to pay cash.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 5:41 pm

I have 2 expiring in 2024. But I just realized I'm using a FNA and apparently they don't let you use a lounge cert at the same time. So I guess I have no choice but to skip the lounge. Don't have remaining points nor do I want to pay cash.
Yeah, they are surprisingly strict about it. Not sure why FNAs are treated so badly!
Old Jul 12, 2023, 7:26 pm

how many nights are you staying and how many FNA? If more than one night, split the stay so that the night using FNA is separate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.