Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2020, 11:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I was there for a wedding and the couple now has a college age kid.
MW147 likes this.
Old May 20, 2021, 8:27 am

Does GH Taipei play availability games during new years? book 10 nights minimum or anything
Old May 20, 2021, 11:53 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by FPmiles
Does GH Taipei play availability games during new years? book 10 nights minimum or anything
Usually 3-night min based on past posts in this thread.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 6:08 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Fire at Taipei City Grand Hyatt Hotel prompts evacuation of more than 200 people

https://taiwanenglishnews.com/fire-a...an-200-people/

The hotel’s public relations department said the the fire had started in a kitchen on basement level 3.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 6:15 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Fire at Taipei City Grand Hyatt Hotel prompts evacuation of more than 200 people

oh man. Thanks for sharing.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 10:06 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kalboz

Sad to hear.... hope everybody is alright
Old Jun 14, 2022, 11:58 am

Hello! Has anyone stayed at the Grand Hyatt Taipei recently? If so, how was the stay/area? I see it's basically next to Taipei 101 so I'm assuming it's pretty well connected to public transit, but is it noisy at all as a result of its proximity to such a popular area (granted I haven't been to Taiwan since covid so no idea what it's like in that area now).
Old Jun 15, 2022, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by Clemson
Hello! Has anyone stayed at the Grand Hyatt Taipei recently? If so, how was the stay/area? I see it's basically next to Taipei 101 so I'm assuming it's pretty well connected to public transit, but is it noisy at all as a result of its proximity to such a popular area (granted I haven't been to Taiwan since covid so no idea what it's like in that area now).
It's not noisy at all. You have to walk 2 blocks to the busy area. One of the long blocks (Ave sized) is an empty construction site so it should actually be fairly quiet. The hotel is close to the Taipei 101 station on the red line and a 15 min walk to the city hall blue line stop. I'm sure you are following, but tourists are not allowed in Taiwan at the current time. As a result, prices are very reasonable between 3000-4000 ntd. It's a solid property with a decent (for Asia, great compared to the US) club lounge that serves some hot food and breakfast at the 1st floor restaurant.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by ARLT
It's not noisy at all. You have to walk 2 blocks to the busy area. One of the long blocks (Ave sized) is an empty construction site so it should actually be fairly quiet. The hotel is close to the Taipei 101 station on the red line and a 15 min walk to the city hall blue line stop. I'm sure you are following, but tourists are not allowed in Taiwan at the current time. As a result, prices are very reasonable between 3000-4000 ntd. It's a solid property with a decent (for Asia, great compared to the US) club lounge that serves some hot food and breakfast at the 1st floor restaurant.
Thank you! Am aware that no tourism is allowed at the moment. Hoping this changes by early next year when we have a trip planned but if not, well, everything we've booked can be canceled at no charge so not much risk there. I suspect they will move from the current 3+4 to 0+7 in a month or two and hopefully reduce it even further by the end of the year + allow tourism.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 1:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AS MVP Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Clemson
I have been staying at GH Taipei constantly for the past 3 months on an extended trip, mostly on the weekends with a few full weeks. Hotel has been getting busier as Taiwan is slowly lifting the Covid restrictions. However, rates are consistently great at around 35xx-37xx NTD after tax for base room depending on the day of the week. It is very quiet as ARLT mentioned since it is still couple blocks away for the Xinyi shopping district, which is getting crowded and lively during the past few weekends. Overall, really great stay and service from the hotel.

Room upgrades:
Globalist gets upgrade to Grand Suite base on availability. Need to pay an upgrade fee of 130-140USD if you want the Executive Suite. During the weekends I get about 25% time getting the Grand Suite, as a lot of suites are occupied by long stay biz people. If the suites are full they will assign me the Premium King room with 101 view, which I think has the best view compare to the Grand Suite (I recommend requesting the xx41 number instead of xx46 for Premium room which has better layout). If I decided to stay over week days the hotel are able to move me to a suite on Sunday night all of the times.

Club lounge:
Fully open and has happy hour daily from 5:30pm-7:30pm, you get some hot foods and liquor. Decent and nice to have but I didn't go everyday.

Gym:
Fully open with facilities like gym, outdoor swimming pool, and sauna. They have free yoga/flywheel/crossfit classes everyday.

Breakfast:
Huge selections and on the better side of all the hotels I stayed at in Taiwan the past few months (Sheraton Hsinchu, Aloft Tainan, Fairfield Taichung, Westin Yilan).

Dave510 likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 1:41 am

The Park Hyatt/Andaz is getting quite tall.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 12:13 pm

The shuttle bus from the airport also stops right in front of the hotel so very convenient...
Old Jun 20, 2022, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by illico
The shuttle bus from the airport also stops right in front of the hotel so very convenient...
It is convenient if only you are allowed to take the bus.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
It is convenient if only you are allowed to take the bus.
Right. At least for the time being, I don't think most people are traveling from the airport to the Grand Hyatt. At least no one arriving on an international flight.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 4:54 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by PG.backpacker
The Park Hyatt/Andaz is getting quite tall.
I haven’t been following too closely lately, but last I heard the Park Hyatt and Andaz has been scraped. Has that changed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.