Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2023, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Originally Posted by Dave510
I've had that all over the world. It's just to make sure there isn't any mix up, and that the room isn't occupied by another (living) guest.
​​​​
Next time, time the bellman between the knocks and opening of the door. Are they truly checking for a mix up and give guest time to response or a curtesy knock for someone else?
Old Mar 25, 2023, 8:23 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by myperks
when you say you can take it in the restaurant if you wish, is that included for globalist/club guests or charged separately?
Included; no charge if a Globalist takes breakfast in the restaurant instead of the lounge.
myperks likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 1:24 pm
iwc

Originally Posted by wxguy
Included; no charge if a Globalist takes breakfast in the restaurant instead of the lounge.
That sounds like a great policy change "post covid" as it was never permitted previously.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 1:20 am

Could I use a club certificate here? Also, if I can does each certificate work for a single day or duration of stay?
Old Mar 26, 2023, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by incarbon
Could I use a club certificate here? Also, if I can does each certificate work for a single day or duration of stay?
Yes you can use a club certificate here. The certificate is valid for a stay of up to 7 days.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 2:07 am

Would I have access to breakfast at the lounge (currently Explorist)
Old Mar 26, 2023, 3:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
[QUOTE=travelbugging;35117062]
Deleted, quoted wrong post.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 3:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by incarbon
Would I have access to breakfast at the lounge (currently Explorist)
each cert is good for up to 7 consecutive days on a single reservation, full lounge access, including breakfast, all day light snacks and beverages, and evening canape and cocktail time (includes wine, beer, etc)
Old Mar 26, 2023, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton
We are a party with 2 adults and 2 kids (10&12). Whenever I searched for 4 people, I won't be able to see standard rooms. I have two questions: 1) can I book a standard room with 3 persons and later let the hotel know that there is one more kid? 2) can I request extra bed for standard room?
Old Mar 26, 2023, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by gogomustangs
We are a party with 2 adults and 2 kids (10&12). Whenever I searched for 4 people, I won't be able to see standard rooms. I have two questions: 1) can I book a standard room with 3 persons and later let the hotel know that there is one more kid? 2) can I request extra bed for standard room?
YMMV - when our kids were in those ages, they have been flexible. In my case, I go there at least twice a year and sometime I even booked with just 1 and check in with family since single and double are the same price and kids in those ages are free. No issue with lounge access for all of us either.

Here and everywhere else, when rollaway is available, you can ask for one if you have a king standard room. I have no success in getting a rollaway if we already have 2 beds in the room.
RedElmo likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton
Originally Posted by 168
YMMV - when our kids were in those ages, they have been flexible. In my case, I go there at least twice a year and sometime I even booked with just 1 and check in with family since single and double are the same price and kids in those ages are free. No issue with lounge access for all of us either.

Here and everywhere else, when rollaway is available, you can ask for one if you have a king standard room. I have no success in getting a rollaway if we already have 2 beds in the room.
Thank you so much for your reply. This is important because I am trying to use points to book a standard room. Only king suite is available for 4 people.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by 168

dont the standard rooms have the day bed sofa with the arms lowered down and they convert it into a single bed? I don’t know where a rollaway can go into a standard room. Just not enough space in my opinion. Whenever I book for 3 adults, they make that sofa into a (relatively comfortable) single bed.

Last edited by myperks; Mar 26, 2023 at 8:22 pm
Old Mar 27, 2023, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by myperks
dont the standard rooms have the day bed sofa with the arms lowered down and they convert it into a single bed? I don’t know where a rollaway can go into a standard room. Just not enough space in my opinion. Whenever I book for 3 adults, they make that sofa into a (relatively comfortable) single bed.
Agreed with double beds standard room there is not much room left and they don’t allowed anyway. In king standard, we kept our rollaway standing upright by the wall and only pull it down at night. With just 3 people and if you have status for free rollaway, we think it is longer than sleeping on the sofa with proper bedding. As my kids get older, the cushion crack on the sofa became more and more noticeable with just a sheet.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 5:48 am

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
Grand Hyatt has really gone down the toilet after covid.

The breakfast is a shadow of former glory.

Lost way too many good staff and new staff simply aren’t trained and lack care.

I had a family member in Taipei for surgery. I wanted to upgrade her to a suite (which I normally get due to globalist and over 60 nights in Taipei alone).

I understand this week is long holiday so upgrade is not possible. I offered to pay the higher rate and was told it’s not possible at 7:30 am local time. I checked the Hyatt reservation site that still showed all suite available for booking.

From 7:30 to 3pm local time, I can’t get hold of front desk, manager, or anyone. It’s always busy. Fine o understand they are probably swamped.

But what set me off is that I called several time to make sure items I bought would be delivered to the room during check in. Never happened. Now the $3000 USD package is MIA despite telling me just couple days ago they have the package and everything is ok.

For once I need the team to do extra- everything was just disaster and totally fail.

I hope park Hyatt open soon. GH has now totally gone to .... for me now.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by krispykrme
Grand Hyatt has really gone down the toilet after covid.

The breakfast is a shadow of former glory.

Lost way too many good staff and new staff simply aren’t trained and lack care.

I had a family member in Taipei for surgery. I wanted to upgrade her to a suite (which I normally get due to globalist and over 60 nights in Taipei alone).

I understand this week is long holiday so upgrade is not possible. I offered to pay the higher rate and was told it’s not possible at 7:30 am local time. I checked the Hyatt reservation site that still showed all suite available for booking.

From 7:30 to 3pm local time, I can’t get hold of front desk, manager, or anyone. It’s always busy. Fine o understand they are probably swamped.

But what set me off is that I called several time to make sure items I bought would be delivered to the room during check in. Never happened. Now the $3000 USD package is MIA despite telling me just couple days ago they have the package and everything is ok.

For once I need the team to do extra- everything was just disaster and totally fail.

I hope park Hyatt open soon. GH has now totally gone to .... for me now.

Hmm...does not sound too good. I am checking in for two nights this Easter weekend. Will have to see how it goes. Got a super-cheap rate of TW 3,626/night. Don't want to cancel this and move elsewhere, since most other hotels are much higher price now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.