Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2020, 12:02 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
You shouldn't need to check out at all. The FD should link them when you check in.

I've only had a hotel mess this up once (it was booked very last minute, and also I don't think that the FD guy knew what he was doing)

If you want 2 certificates on one reservation, I recommend calling in to make the reservation. I did this recently. You can't put different payment methods on the same res, but they can. Another thing you can do is book the whole thing using points in a single res, and then call in to get them to modify the payment methods (you can switch to certs and the points will be automatically refunded)
Thanks for the heads-up. Definitely something to consider for next time. I am still just confused by my certs. I posted it in the WOH CC thread, I got a cert in 12/2019 and I am not sure why, and I don't want to ask about it in case it was a mistake and they claw it back.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 8:24 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Thanks will be here in 12 days, the breakfast in the cafe, was that more an exception or was it something that you feel would be extended to all globalists?
Some differing data points, so YMMV. Some say this is only offered on paid stays and not award stays. I recently stayed at the end of December on a combination of paid and award nights and was offered breakfast in the Cafe for the entire stay.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 11:20 pm

Any one have experience using the spa at this property? Thinking of booking a massage treatment after my long flight.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 5:35 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Thanks will be here in 12 days, the breakfast in the cafe, was that more an exception or was it something that you feel would be extended to all globalists?
I would just ask for it at check-in. I wasnt going to get it (or be aware of my access to it) had I not asked.

I also wouldn’t stress about it as traditional Taiwanese breakfast outside of the hotel is not to be missed!

There’s a really good spot that’s only a quick 5 minute cab ride or two MRT stops from the hotel - Yong He Soy Milk King
ZBigFam likes this.

Last edited by hp12c; Jan 17, 2020 at 5:56 pm
Old Jan 17, 2020, 8:01 pm

Theres also a morning street market a minute walk from the hotel. I realize that's not everyone's preference but if you are seeking authentic Taiwanese food you can stuff yourself for 3-4 USD
Old Jan 17, 2020, 8:49 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by projectmaximus
Theres also a morning street market a minute walk from the hotel. I realize that's not everyone's preference but if you are seeking authentic Taiwanese food you can stuff yourself for 3-4 USD
I completely missed this - where is it? Something new to look forward to next time (since the PH and Andaz don't seem like they'll be ready any time soon)!
Old Jan 18, 2020, 6:55 am

Am interested in this, any chance you can pm me directions? I assume that they only take local currency and no credit right?
Old Jan 19, 2020, 6:57 am

I am not 100% sure that this pin is the right location, but it's what shows up on google maps. I think you should be able to ask at the hotel to confirm. My aunt says if you are on Ren'ai road by the Sun Yet Sen Memorial then people can point you to it (although walking from GH Taipei you'll get to the pin on the map before you get to the Sun Yet Sen Memorial)

https://goo.gl/maps/e42k8fpftyCiuw9o8

Also note the morning markets are not of the same spectacle as the infamous night markets. Here is someone's blog which describes the morning/day markets and also their list of the markets which includes the Guang Fu Market by the GH Taipei (info is 10 years old)

Things to do in Taipei, Taiwan: Morning Markets | Jodie's Kitchen
Morning Markets in Taipei | Jodie's Kitchen
Admiral Ackbar, ZBigFam and hp12c like this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 7:29 pm

Am interested in this, any chance you can pm me directions? I assume that they only take local currency and no credit right?
Oh yeah, I wouldn't count on any credit card transactions. Definitely want some TWD/NT$
ZBigFam likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 10:47 am

Oh yeah, I wouldn't count on any credit card transactions. Definitely want some TWD/NT$
I just had to LOL at this very important piece of information.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by HIFlya
I just had to LOL at this very important piece of information.
I was responding to zbigfam's question
Old Jan 22, 2020, 10:37 pm

I was responding to zbigfam's question
Definitely important to know in this day and age of plastic! I am definitely someone who tends to live sans currency and need my wife to handle our currency needs on trips.😁
ZBigFam and projectmaximus like this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
I am not 100% sure that this pin is the right location, but it's what shows up on google maps. I think you should be able to ask at the hotel to confirm. My aunt says if you are on Ren'ai road by the Sun Yet Sen Memorial then people can point you to it (although walking from GH Taipei you'll get to the pin on the map before you get to the Sun Yet Sen Memorial)

https://goo.gl/maps/e42k8fpftyCiuw9o8
For the Guangfu market, that's the correct physical building. The main entrances are on the northwest and southwest corners.

I haven't been to the market in years, but it is probably most famous for the 三六九 (3-6-9) vegetarian dumpling shop if it's still there. There were also a couple good food stalls in the alley adjacent to the market, including a breakfast spot with really good shaobing youtiao and one with excellent beef rolls.

As noted, highly unlikely any shop there will take anything but cash.
projectmaximus and hp12c like this.

Last edited by gengar; Jan 24, 2020 at 12:23 pm
Old Jan 27, 2020, 4:54 pm

Stayed here for one night, checking out this morning, checked in at the lounge, was offered breakfast in the lounge but when I asked if I could have breakfast in the cafe they said sure no problem.

I am staying on points, I know that some had postulated that points stays meant breakfast in lounge only, not the case for me.

Breakfast really good. I'm afraid to say I didn't visit the market because I was scared of potential corona virus exposure.
luvFclass and hp12c like this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 8:09 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Stayed here for one night, checking out this morning, checked in at the lounge, was offered breakfast in the lounge but when I asked if I could have breakfast in the cafe they said sure no problem.

I am staying on points, I know that some had postulated that points stays meant breakfast in lounge only, not the case for me.

Breakfast really good. I'm afraid to say I didn't visit the market because I was scared of potential corona virus exposure.
Glad to hear you got breakfast in the cafe!
ZBigFam likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.