Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2016, 11:33 am

Programs: pleb
Originally Posted by craigthemif
This property has an excellent Club lounge with very good food options. I can't really think of much reason why a Diamond would want to have breakfast in the more hectic main restaurant.
Not sure I can support this. Everytime I've stayed at the hotel the club lounge has always been packed for breakfast, to the point where there's a line to get a table. Added with the lackluster food selection I've opted to skip the club breakfast the past few stays.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 3:25 pm

Even though I love this hotel I do think the club food selection is a bit weak, especially during breakfast. Taste and variety wise, consider heading out and get a Taiwanese breakfast or a ~30NT sandwiches at one of little restaurants across the street on Keelung Rd.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 5:05 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Can diamond members have breakfast at the restaurant?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 7:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
Can diamond members have breakfast at the restaurant?

Thanks in advance.
no
Old Jun 7, 2016, 10:39 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Originally Posted by fangtl
Even though I love this hotel I do think the club food selection is a bit weak, especially during breakfast. Taste and variety wise, consider heading out and get a Taiwanese breakfast or a ~30NT sandwiches at one of little restaurants across the street on Keelung Rd.
Strangely, my mom who is about as taiwanese as they come, loved it. then again it was the first stop on our trip back to the motherland so maybe it was just being in Taiwan again.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 9:33 pm

Just booked a 4 night stay in October. But had a bad experience with HGP.

1. Called HGP and the rep. applied a DSU to upgrade standard twin to Grand Suite Twin.
2. When I received the confirmation email regarding the upgrade...it was for a Grand Suite King(Requested a Grand Suite Twin).
3. Called HGP again to notify the error and new rep. said "Grand Suite King" is the only room that I can be upgraded to! Didn't make sense to me because I booked a standard twin(using cash), why would I want to upgrade to a King(I need 2 beds!). Rep. insisted that it's the only room! She then transferred me to the actual property and asked me to speak with them regarding a twin
4. Associate at the property was very nice and was able to confirm me in a Grand Suite Twin(which I confirmed in my Hyatt account just now). He also mentioned that the previous rep. that "upgraded" me to a Grand Suite King did a CASH upgrade instead of a DSU as I was being charged for the normal Grand Suite King room rate(which I confirmed in my Hyatt account!!!). He was able to help me nullify the cash upgrade and apply the DSU.
5. Now that I log into my hyatt account, I see Grand Suite Twin for the standard twin price but I still see 4 DSU on my account.

Should I be concerned? When does Hyatt remove a DSU? After the actual stay? Sorry this is my first time applying a DSU! Thanks for the help.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by emofeng
Should I be concerned? When does Hyatt remove a DSU? After the actual stay? Sorry this is my first time applying a DSU! Thanks for the help.
No need to worry at all. Sometimes the DSU gets pulled at the time of reservation and other times not until the stay, and yet at other times sometime in between. On rare occasions it is never pulled at all.

If you have confirmed it directly with the hotel and can see it on your GP account then you definitely have no problem, although if I do not have an email confirmation showing the suite upgrade I like to save a pdf of the page on my account that shows it.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 9:40 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
no

That can't be right - every other Hyatt I've stayed in has allowed me to eat in the main restaurant for breakfast and I've never been charged.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by emofeng
Just booked a 4 night stay in October. But had a bad experience with HGP.

1. Called HGP and the rep. applied a DSU to upgrade standard twin to Grand Suite Twin.
2. When I received the confirmation email regarding the upgrade...it was for a Grand Suite King(Requested a Grand Suite Twin).
3. Called HGP again to notify the error and new rep. said "Grand Suite King" is the only room that I can be upgraded to! Didn't make sense to me because I booked a standard twin(using cash), why would I want to upgrade to a King(I need 2 beds!). Rep. insisted that it's the only room! She then transferred me to the actual property and asked me to speak with them regarding a twin
4. Associate at the property was very nice and was able to confirm me in a Grand Suite Twin(which I confirmed in my Hyatt account just now). He also mentioned that the previous rep. that "upgraded" me to a Grand Suite King did a CASH upgrade instead of a DSU as I was being charged for the normal Grand Suite King room rate(which I confirmed in my Hyatt account!!!). He was able to help me nullify the cash upgrade and apply the DSU.
5. Now that I log into my hyatt account, I see Grand Suite Twin for the standard twin price but I still see 4 DSU on my account.

The cash upgrade thing seems to be happening for all my dsu reservations until I call in again and get it fixed. It's pretty annoying.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Isochronous
That can't be right - every other Hyatt I've stayed in has allowed me to eat in the main restaurant for breakfast and I've never been charged.
The majority of GH or HR properties I have been to which has lounge that serves breakfast, has only allowed breakfast at the lounge.

Only a few examples from this category come to mind where I was allowed to eat in the main restaurant.

If the rate includes breakfast, then you are also free to take it in the main restaurant. But if your rate does not include breakfast, then it is usually only at the lounge.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 7:58 pm

Not sure what part of my answer you did not understand. GH Taipei does not offer comped Diamond breakfast in the restaurant.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You must be very lucky or charismatic. Relatively few Hyatt allows free Diamond breakfast at main restaurant if there is an open Club Lounge.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 11:04 pm

So anybody here can compare this to the W (which seems to be the best Starwood property there)? Platinum SPG and Diamond Hyatt.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 11:25 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by s0ssos
So anybody here can compare this to the W (which seems to be the best Starwood property there)? Platinum SPG and Diamond Hyatt.
W Taipei is one of my favorite Starwood properties, and one of the few Ws worldwide I enjoy. Excellent Platinum treatment -- upgrade to very large suite, beautiful breakfast buffet, evening drinks. The Hyatt is a decent business hotel, but nothing worth going out of the way for.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by jpdx
W Taipei is one of my favorite Starwood properties, and one of the few Ws worldwide I enjoy. Excellent Platinum treatment -- upgrade to very large suite, beautiful breakfast buffet, evening drinks. The Hyatt is a decent business hotel, but nothing worth going out of the way for.
Of course, the quality differential is often (but not always) reflected in the pricing, especially for redemptions!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.