Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2015, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by hhhhkk
has anyone tried apply diamond suite upgrade on a c/p stay? I was told the hotel put restriction on it??? Weird.
I was able to make a C&P Reservation for Mid July, and was able to use DSU. Booked early last month.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 1:29 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
I had issues with P&C being available last year on the date I was planning to be there(wanting to use DSU). I booked $$$ using my DSU and later my PL Rep was able to re-book my $$$ room into P&C when they opened up.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 7:01 pm

Programs: MU Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 54austin
Just a quick update on the renovated lounge... only one end faces Taipei 101.
You may be right on the overall disappointing renovation, but I don't know how one is supposed to get Taipei 101 views from more than one side! (mirrors?)
Old Jan 15, 2015, 6:59 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by YariGuy
You may be right on the overall disappointing renovation, but I don't know how one is supposed to get Taipei 101 views from more than one side! (mirrors?)
What I meant was that you can only see if from the furthest 'room.' I am spoiled by the amazing lounge at the GH Kuala Lumpur and expected something similar.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Thanks for the suggestions on other places to go. Both Taroko Gorge and Sun Moon Lake look wonderful, but a bit too far and complex for just an overnight for us. I think we'll just stay the whole time at the GH and make short day trips.

I don't imagine there is much chance of getting a further upgrade to an Executive Suite when using a DSU, especially considering we're on a P&C rate?
Old Feb 28, 2015, 11:16 am
Community Director Emerita

Does booking a suite entitle one to lounge access?

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Feb 28, 2015 at 11:28 am
Old Feb 28, 2015, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Does booking a suite entitle one to lounge access?
I'm pretty sure that I saw Club access in the description for the entry level Grand Suite prior to the renovations, but it is not in the description now.

However, the description for the Grand Executive Suite says:

Sumptuous amenities and benefits include full access to the Grand Club Lounge...

Unless this is an error, it seems they may have discontinued Club access for the entry level suite.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 11:29 pm
Community Director Emerita

OsakaWino, thank you, that was really helpful. I made my booking 10 months ago. When I checked the verbiage on it, it did indeed say I would have club access. It might well have been taken away from entry level suites at a later date, but I am covered.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
OsakaWino, thank you, that was really helpful. I made my booking 10 months ago. When I checked the verbiage on it, it did indeed say I would have club access. It might well have been taken away from entry level suites at a later date, but I am covered.
I think the website description omitting club access might be an error.

We also have a DSU applied for our upcoming stay in April, and the email confirmation, received in Dec, states:

GRAND SUITE KING
Room Description:
King bed:60 sq m:Contemporary design Living area:Stereo:Media Hub:Grand Club Acces
(sic)
Old Apr 16, 2015, 1:23 am

Bus from TPE

Has anyone ever taken the bus from TPE with luggage?

We're not in any big hurry, and my wife sometimes gets mildly car sick sitting in the back of a cab for long rides, so we're considering the bus, but wondering about how easy it would be with 2 full-size suitcases (but minimal carry-on).

If the bus seems like a big hassle, the taxi would not be so that she couldn't put up with it, which she will have to do anyway for the return to TPE.

Thanks.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 2:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Has anyone ever taken the bus from TPE with luggage?

We're not in any big hurry, and my wife sometimes gets mildly car sick sitting in the back of a cab for long rides, so we're considering the bus, but wondering about how easy it would be with 2 full-size suitcases (but minimal carry-on).

If the bus seems like a big hassle, the taxi would not be so that she couldn't put up with it, which she will have to do anyway for the return to TPE.

Thanks.
The airport bus to Grand Hyatt Taipei is #1960, the ride is just under 1 hour depending on traffic. Luggage should not be a problem as there are two large luggage compartments underneath. The quality of the bus seems to vary, we have gotten on really old buses with hard bumpy seats that were not very comfortable, but last month when we went the bus was fairly new and the seats were more comfortable. Below is the link for the bus information.

http://www.taiwanbus.tw/information....e=3462&Lang=En
Old Apr 16, 2015, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by lululee
The airport bus to Grand Hyatt Taipei is #1960, the ride is just under 1 hour depending on traffic. Luggage should not be a problem as there are two large luggage compartments underneath. The quality of the bus seems to vary, we have gotten on really old buses with hard bumpy seats that were not very comfortable, but last month when we went the bus was fairly new and the seats were more comfortable. Below is the link for the bus information.

http://www.taiwanbus.tw/information....e=3462&Lang=En
Thanks lululee. We'll plan on taking the bus.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 10:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Thanks lululee. We'll plan on taking the bus.
Just recently (last week) took the bus to Grand Hyatt Taipei - took 1h20mins due to bad traffic but it was pretty pleasant. If anyone is looking for a limosine, limolimo has it for 1300 NT from the Airport to any city hotel. I took it on the way back - Black Mercedes S Class Limo - not bad at all!!! ^
Old Apr 21, 2015, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Hotel survived the 6.6 earthquake with no damage.

I wonder whether it woke up some of the ghosts though.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Hotel survived the 6.6 earthquake with no damage....
It was only a minor tremor. Officially 6.4 at offshore epic center, but only about 4 at Taipei. Less than 1% of your headline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.